WnSoft Forums

A template to do a photo album

JPD

is is possible to change the number of images?

Yes, it is enough easily, if you need less than 60 pictures, if you need more (but it would probably too long to see), it's also possible, but is order it seems real I must put a width a little bit greater.

I read all what people write and will try to do modifications if I can do what want people. For instance, I am thinking to have differents choices for the cover and the pages.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Mike

Not sure if you want to add more images or remove some.

I reduced the number of images to 28 using just the forward section of the album and not the reverse by doing the following.

I deleted images 51 to 98. ( added my own 28 images cropped at w382 x 542h ) and saved / named them as instructed in the readme file. ( Image 01.jpg – Images 02.jpg etc. ) and let them overwrite existing images.

Also I added a few seconds to last slide # 50, and in Project Options – Close show after last slide.

28 Images run time – 3 minutes 15 seconds

If you wish to add more, sorry I have not got that far.

By the way JPD, I burned to DVD and results looked great.

only problem I had was finding enough Portrait photographs to try it

I have add a new template with the same album, but in one direction, with only 28 photos.

It's always at the same adress

and just for fun look at this (Cartes postales en accordéon), I did it with my method, only using PTE to do trapeze, but it's not my idea, it was done by another people is one jpg made with Photohop for the trapeze on a white bachground.

Jean-Pierre

What am I doing wrong, for a trial, I have tried to produce an eight page photo album following your instructions. It seems to work, but the effect that I am getting is that image 01 is shown as the second photo, whilst image 02 is first. This happens to all other pairs of photo's? I have deleted a number of the original images from the timeline, after image 08 I have a fond.jpg, then two Garde.jpg. At the end of the preview I seem to get two images of your original flowers, although I thought that I had deleted them from the timeline? Also I do not want to display my name, how can I remove this from the preview.

Hi JPD,

Screensaver just fantastic only problem I had was finding enough Portrait photographs to try it

So in future I will have to take more.

Thanks again for a great Tool.

Ray

RAY

for experimental purposes

see

http://www.pcworld.com/printable/article/i.../printable.html

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/davejoh975

there are good selection of all types /shapes

max size is 640 480

then when you get show working the way you want simply replace with your own

ken

Jean-Pierre

If I am asking too many questions or raising too many posting, just tell me to take a running jump. (an English expression)

I am sure that you know this, but I did not realise until I played around with Objects and Animations, that image 01 is placed on the right-hand page and that image 02 is placed on the left-hand page.

I just assumed when I read the instructions that image 01 would be on the left and image 02 on the right.

If this is correct, then for my photographs to follow the order that I want them to be shown, then the left-hand photo needs to be image 02 and the right-hand photo should be image 01. This rule would apply to all other pages. Is this correct?

I am really enjoying your template, thanks for sharing it.

RAY

for experimental purposes

see

http://www.pcworld.com/printable/article/i.../printable.html

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/davejoh975

there are good selection of all types /shapes

max size is 640 480

then when you get show working the way you want simply replace with your own

ken

Thanks for that Ken dont know why i didn't think of it, must be getting old, LOL

Ray

I just assumed when I read the instructions that image 01 would be on the left and image 02 on the right.

I have put the 01 on right and 02 on left because it is the right photo we see at first so to day they are in the order we see them but may be it would be better to put 01 on the left, it would be easier when I read you write.

I probably change in a next version.

Jean-Pierre

I fully understand your reasoning and it works very well in your template. Thank you for considering to change the method when you update the template.

As I promised, here is the template "Screensaver.pte" of the photo album (56 photos), it's now abble to run on 32 Mb graphic cards.

It's a completly new one, lighter than "Elle le dit..." it use less than 25 Mo of memory.

You can use it to do screensaver with your own photos (family for instance) or put it (or only a part) in your slideshow. The explanation about how to use it are inside.

If an english spoken people could correct the english explanations and send them to me, I could put in the zip a better english explanation, my english is really poor.

You can also find this template on my page dedicated to PTE V5 were you can find many tests and exemples with V5. Most of them are in french, there is a good tool to translate here and Google has also a tool for that.

Hola, no se que sucede con mi conexion de Internet, pero al igual que con los ejemplos de Thedom, es imposible ahora acceder a este ejemplo y a la pagina web indicada

Seria posible enviarmelo a mi email : cuatropatosk@hotmail.com

Gracias.

HI Silvia,

I just send you JPD's template to your email address. :)

Hi

Gracias por el archivo. Lo recibi perfectamente

Siento mucho que no pueda acceder a la pagina web de Thedom, desde hace dos meses.

Sin embargo, tuve la precaucion anteriormente de copiar todos los buenos consejos y ejemplos que fueron publicados a esa fecha y me han sido muy utiles para aprender a usar el programa.

Gracias nuevamente

Buenos días Silvia,

Si en el futuro desea que te envíe de otros ficheros (demos, tutoriels...) que no pueda cargar a distancia, no duda en enviarme un mensaje privado.

Translation :

Good morning Silvia, If in the future you wishes that I sends to you of other files (demos, tutoriels…) that it cannot be load at a distance, do not hesitate to send me a private message.

I find this method not very correct to use my files to promote your website, if Sylvia want some of my templates or demo, she can ask me, or goes on my page it's not very difficult. I have ask you in an another topic to remove all my files from your page as soon as possible.

Jean-Pierre, I really don't understand your reaction. :blink:

Your photo album template is not on my site, Silvia informed us in a previous post in this topic that she can't reach your site (neither mine) and asked if somebody could send it to her.

Hola, no se que sucede con mi conexion de Internet, pero al igual que con los ejemplos de Thedom, es imposible ahora acceder a este ejemplo y a la pagina web indicada

Seria posible enviarmelo a mi email : cuatropatosk@hotmail.com

Gracias.

There is absolutely no promotion for my site by sending it to her :blink: , I just help somebody who ask for it. I really don't get what's wrong by doing this.

About two months ago, you posted a message on this site to ask me to remove your files of my site if I wouldn't remove the obligation to register first. That's what I did and I told you when it was done. Each files can be downloaded by anybody, (even guests) for a long time now. You never replied and I thought it was ok.

But I guess it is not because now you ask me again to remove them. I'm surprised.

I don't know why you changed your mind. You know that I don't share all this files for my own profit, but only to share and to help the community. My original goal was to put in one place the best files (and in particular templates and tutorials).

I don't understand but all right I will execute what you want but I'm really wondering if you're not angry against me for something I don't even know... :huh:

Jean-Pierre, I really don't understand your reaction. :blink:

Your photo album template is not on my site, Silvia informed us in a previous post in this topic that she can't reach your site (neither mine) and asked if somebody could send it to her.

There is absolutely no promotion for my site by sending it to her :blink: , I just help somebody who ask for it. I really don't get what's wrong by doing this.

About two months ago, you posted a message on this site to ask me to remove your files of my site if I wouldn't remove the obligation to register first. That's what I did and I told you when it was done. Each files can be downloaded by anybody, (even guests) for a long time now. You never replied and I thought it was ok.

But I guess it is not because now you ask me again to remove them. I'm surprised.

I don't know why you changed your mind. You know that I don't share all this files for my own profit, but only to share and to help the community. My original goal was to put in one place the best files (and in particular templates and tutorials).

I don't understand but all right I will execute what you want but I'm really wondering if you're not angry against me for something I don't even know... :huh:

Lamento haber provocado esta polemica, pero no se que sucede con mi conexion de internet, pero asi como no puedo entrar a la pagina de thedom, igualmente no puedo ingresar a la pagina http://technac.free.fr/Diaporamas/V5/Screensaver.zip

Ya reclame a la empresa que me presta servicio de internet : Telefonica Speedy (Lima Peru) y no encuentran solucion a este impasse.

Mil disculpas

Jean-Pierre

I am really getting on well with your original template and I have been able to create the effect that I am looking for in my slideshow. To go a step further is it possible to personalise the front cover and change the appearance to use a jpg I have of a Wedding Album, see thumbnail. The size of the image is landscape but I can change that to the size needed for your template.

Tom,

I'm quite sure it should be quite easy to adapt it for Jean-Pierre's template.

Just to give a try, I used your jpeg with my template and I changed the pages (black instead of white).

See file attached to see the result.

Actually, You gave me an idea.

I think I will release my template with ready to use alternate cover and pages.

Thank you for your making me think about it. :)

I realized there was a visual bug on the left page (between pictures 2 and 3).

Don't know if you noticed it but I fixed it and here is the new version.

WeddingAlbum.zip

Mike,

I am working to make the use of the album easier, but it take a lot of time and there are many problems to solve, I hope I'll have new thing to put on line as soon as possible.