WnSoft Forums

Burn Error UPDATED

sanewcomb

When burning a disk it reports the error below and gives a generic message. I don't find the generic message very useful since it has no direct link to the error and the suggested "fixes" will just lead the user to more wasted time, discs and frustration. As has been pointed out, it doesn't appear the library offers much, if any, choice for burn speed. I also only get one burn speed. There is also misspellings and grammer problems. For reference, the message reads

The error have apeear while DVD disc burning.

To fix this error please try to burn another disc

and decrease burning speed.

Please use only high quality DVD media.

If this error will reapeat you can create ISO image

and burn this by using another software.

I reported this error awhile back and you thought it was a limitation of the library code. Just reporting it is still there and wanted to add it appears to be related to the software requesting for the DVD Recorder to open its door, and not liking the response it gets.

Command - Unknown, Status - Check Condition, Sense Key - MEDIUM REMOVAL PR(rest of message not visible)

This is actually not a fatal error and if the user just ejects the disc manually it appears to run fine in the DVD player. Also, other software like Nero have no problems opening/closing the door on this DVD Recorder, so I don't think it is a hardware/driver problem.

UPDATE: After some more tries, this error does result in the DVD not being closed or finished properly. It seems to work fine in the stand alone DVD player, but the computer doesn't see any files on it. It doesn't think it's blank or unwritten, but reports no files which would prevent any use from including additional files or playing the DVD movie on a computer.

Steve Newcomb

Tucson, AZ USA