WnSoft Forums

Lin's Templates

Lin Evans

Moved my templates Under This Heading:

In the future I will place all my templates (not all that many) under this title and put a temporary note in the PTE section of the forum which I will delete after a couple weeks. I think this will help organize what could be a difficult thing to control.

Lin

Posted Today, 10:24 AM Hi Guys,

This is a template you can use to make the reflections show I posted on the Slideshows forum:

Unzip into a folder of its own then just name your images image001.jpg through image020.jpg and copy into the folder overwriting the placeholder images. You can add additional images by just copy and pasting one of your twenty then changing the names of individual files to image021.jpg.......

http://www.learntoma...iontemplate.zip

Best regards,

Lin

• Like 1

Posted 15 June 2009 - 12:41 AM O.K., it's been a long week, but I have finished a template which will allow the dedicated PTE user to rotate the included images of Earth or their own transparent background PNG images prepared properly through 360 degrees of rotation.

The template took many, many hours over a number of days to complete. It's not a project for the faint hearted - LOL. There are 640 separate PNG objects which were decompiled from a video I made using the excellent freeware Celestia Astronomy program. The saved files were converted to transparent background PNG files then sequenced as objects in PTE using over 1900 keyframes. Because of memory issue in doing this type thing, only about 20 image could be programmed and sequenced before saving, quitting and re-opening PTE. This meant hours of frustrating data entry from my prepared Xcel spreadsheet to get proper opacity on and opacity off for each object. I'm only telling you this because this template will save you days of work if you decide to pursue this approach. You will still spend a day or so to create your own transparent PNG files so first play with the provided ones and see if it's something you want to do.

There is a demo file below which I created quickly using the template. It shows some of the extreme flexibility of PTE. This demo could not be done with Proshow Gold or Proshow Producer, etc. They simply don't have the features which are needed.

Some have asked why not just throw in the 640 images as separate files and sequence them to get a rotating image such as Earth? That can be done, but then you essentially have a "video" which is severely limited in utility. You can't have other things going on simultaneously, you can't size or position the objects unless you want to attempt to create programming for all 640 slides. In essence, doing it this way is like running a video.

By making each image a child of a single controlling object such as a rectangle or frame, you can dynamically control the position and size of the spinning object as you will see in the demo.

In the demo below, the Earth rotates on it's own axis very slowly and smoothly while orbiting the sun. The Earth is "canted" 26 degrees to the left as you view it and changes size as it orbits the sun. I didn't spend a lot of time with this little demo so the Earth doesn't become shadowed like it should when it crosses the sun. The size and speed of rotation are obviously not to scale, but it does show the possibilities of doing things this way.

The down side for some systems is that this method is heavy on memory. The demo show uses 342 meg of RAM while running, so best to not have lots of other programs running simultaneously. However, most modern systems will not be taxed by this but I would appreciate learning how the demo runs on various systems. Any feedback will be welcome.

Have fun if you decide to play with this and let me know what you think:

http://www.learntoma...hrotatedemo.zip (about 30 meg)

http://www.learntoma...ewithreadme.zip (about 23 meg)

Best regards,

Lin

Best regards,

Lin

PTE AV Tutorials

http://www.learntomakeslideshows.net

lin@learntomakeslideshows.net

• 2 months later...