WnSoft Forums

Intermittant Animation Fault in 5.6

Guest Yachtsman1

Guest Yachtsman1

My latest epic has an intermittant fault in one of the opening pictures of the show. The base picture (a shot of our town 100 years ago)then I introduce a daughter picture of the same scene as it is today, which zooms from minimum to full screen. Intermittantly, (usually it happens after starting from cold)the top left corner is missing from the daughter picture. If I stop and re-start the show it doesnt happen. This also happens on the EXE file and a DVD I have burned. I suspect it is my equipment can't handle the load, both slides are less than 150kb & sized at 1024x768. I have attached a screen shot of what happens.

Yachtsman1

post-5560-125889497675_thumb.jpg

Eric,

Is the problem resolved by PTE v6.0? There is very little point reporting problems against PTE versions which have been superceded. I would have thought that Igor and his team are unlikely to issue an update to a back-level version of PTE.

regards,

Peter

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Peter

Although I have a copy of 6 I haven't tried it in earnest only to test the font facility I requested some time ago, as I have already stated previously, I don't intend to go beyond 5.6 until I renew my hardware. Also I am unsure if the project could be opened? in 6. I have always thought that each new version of PTE needs more resource?. The project is too complex to start from scratch, so unles you can advise me it can be opened in 6 simply by copying, it will have to stay as it is.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1

Guest Yachtsman1

Peter

I bit the bullet & opened the show in 6, on a run through from cold, the fault did not happen. As the show is 65 minutes I made a few spot checks on similar animations that hadn't given problems & they were OK, however on the credits page where there is a large amount of scrolling text the text has gone fuzzy, screen shot below. I doesn't happen on any of the other text in the show only this page???

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1

post-5560-12589319982_thumb.jpg

Guest Yachtsman1

Just had another go, deleted the text & re-typed the heading, that shows OK, pasted in all the original & that's fuzzy, removed the slide and re added it, pasted in the text, still fuzzy. Developed vertigo, off to bed.

Night Night

Eric

Yachtsman 1.

Text doc attached.

But Before I go, just shut the V6 show down, tried to re-open with the icon the save as produced, which is the V5.6 icon and got the error message on the JPEG. :(

Yachtsman1

slide show credits.doc

post-5560-125893447338_thumb.jpg

Just had another go, deleted the text & re-typed the heading, that shows OK, pasted in all the original & that's fuzzy, removed the slide and re added it, pasted in the text, still fuzzy. Developed vertigo, off to bed.

Night Night

Eric

Yachtsman 1.

Text doc attached.

But Before I go, just shut the V6 show down, tried to re-open with the icon the save as produced, which is the V5.6 icon and got the error message on the JPEG. sad.gif

Yachtsman1

Eric

5.6 will not open a 6.0 show -- pte is not foward compatible - -this has been brought up many times -- when you were working a 5.6 show with 6 it became a 6 show

ken

ken

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Ken

By the time I'd reached that point, my grey matter had ceased to function. Slept in this morning, thought someone may have come up with a solution to the fuzzy text. I will re-open the show in six & physically type in the text and see what happens. Back later.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1 :(

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Peter

I've just started to re-type in the text, got two screens full & the further I type the fuzzier it gets. I haven't searched for the post you mentioned but I will give it a try, I suspect it's some kind of bug. Just to make you fully aware of what I am attempting to do, the text background is a 120 second pan with the text scrolling up it. That shot is fine in 5.6 but fuzzy text in 6.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Peter

I've just started to re-type in the text, got two screens full & the further I type the fuzzier it gets. I haven't searched for the post you mentioned but I will give it a try, I suspect it's some kind of bug. Just to make you fully aware of what I am attempting to do, the text background is a 120 second pan with the text scrolling up it. That shot is fine in 5.6 but fuzzy text in 6.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1

Peter I assume you are referring to this http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10480&st=0&p=68078&fromsearch=1entry68078 ?

It's over my head but I will go back to the project and check the settings.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1

Guest Yachtsman1

Peter I assume you are referring to this http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10480&st=0&p=68078&fromsearch=1entry68078 ?

It's over my head but I will go back to the project and check the settings.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1

Hi Peter

This is the correct topic http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10337&view=&hl=fuzzy&fromsearch=1

I tried unticking MM but the fuzzy text persists, looks like it's back to 5.6 for now.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1

Guest Yachtsman1

Since my last post, I've been experimenting with 5.6 & 6, conclusions I now believe the original complaint about the missing corner from an animated child was due to the child not having the MM box ticked. This is my first show with mother & child slides so I wasn't aware that other objects withing the mother slide had to be ticked also. By ticking the box the daughter slides opens in full without the corner missing. Whether this is just a coincidence god only knows.

On the V6 front, I have tried various combinations of ticking and un-ticking boxes but the fuzzy text is still present. I would suggest it needs someone to copy the text document from above and paste it into a version six slide to see if the same fault happens.

I have now burned a new master DVD which has to have 50 copies made, I haven't tried it yet as I'm recording a film on TV, that's over around 3.30pm so i'll give it a go then. Why I mention this, when I started the initial burn process I got a message about a newer version of Video burner? which I assume was a push to try to get me to up-grade. As my two years is now up on my original purchase, I assume this would have to be paid for. For the time being I will not be upgrading to V6 and its associated de-lux version, so why the reminder???

Yachtsman1

post-5560-125898551147_thumb.jpg

Eric,

It seems to me that the fuzziness occurs because of having Copied & Pasted the text from your text editor software (presumably Microsoft Word). When I copy that same text from Word and then paste it as the text of an independent text object on a plain black slide, it comes in at a Zoom value of 2790% and looks fuzzy. If I then set the zoom to 400% it looks a whole lot better.

The root cause of the problem is likely to be buried in the way that PTE is trying to interpret the MS Word data encoding on the Windows clipboard. (That is a helluva lot of text and I suppose the sheer amount could be part of the problem).

I have no idea whether this is a "bug" in PTE or whether you have taken PTE beyond the edge of its design. Either way, I suspect that the only person who can give a definitive answer is Igor. However, if either nobeefstu or Conflow see this post they may be able to offer a more informed technical assessment than I can.

regards,

Peter

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Peter

I have used similar amounts of text in previous DVD's with no problem using 5.6, so I suspect it is a 6 problem.

I've now checked the DVD I re-burned with all the MM boxes ticked using 5.6 & it operates fine.

Anyone else had the "New Version" message in my previous post.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

Guest Yachtsman1

I've just checked previous extended shows & the amount of text used on one slide is in excess of the problem one in V6. The attached pic is a two page doc prepared in word & copied into PTE.

Yachtsman1.

post-5560-125899926189_thumb.jpg

Eric,

If you see fuzzy text in PicturesToExe 6.0 (not 5.6), please send me files of this project and created EXE file.

To reduce size of these files, save this project under another file name. Keep only slide with fuzzy text and remove other slides.

Please use Mediafire.com to upload file and give me URL to download the ZIP file.

Thanks in advance!

Guest Yachtsman1

Eric,

If you see fuzzy text in PicturesToExe 6.0 (not 5.6), please send me files of this project and created EXE file.

To reduce size of these files, save this project under another file name. Keep only slide with fuzzy text and remove other slides.

Please use Mediafire.com to upload file and give me URL to download the ZIP file.

Thanks in advance!

Hi Igor

I have done as requested (I think)

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1

http://www.mediafire.com/?yymoogzjkzl

http://www.mediafire.com/?nqmwonnau1o

Eric,

Thanks, I see this problem now.

Currently there is a limitation for a text object.

Maximal width of text image is 4000 pixels, maximal height is 2000 pixels.

Because too large text object may vastly slow down slideshow and utilize significant part of video memory.

I understand that there is a lack in this logic and we can improve situation with this limitation.

As temporal solution please create and put several text objects into one frame.

Guest Yachtsman1

Eric,

Thanks, I see this problem now.

Currently there is a limitation for a text object.

Maximal width of text image is 4000 pixels, maximal height is 2000 pixels.

Because too large text object may vastly slow down slideshow and utilize significant part of video memory.

I understand that there is a lack in this logic and we can improve situation with this limitation.

As temporal solution please create and put several text objects into one frame.

Hi Igor

This answers a temporary fix to the problem in 6 but why was it OK in 5.6 & not in 6?

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1