WnSoft Forums

DVD Builder and Win 7? Anybody?

e.b.west

I just upgraded my computer and PTE. The Video maker registration code had expired and I bought a new one of those too.

When I open the project in video maker (for TV) it goes fine until I get to the page where it asks for a project name and the other choices. As soon as I click on any field (or just on the page) it immediately locks up. Everything else seems to work fine, it's only when I go to the video maker section that it freezes.

It's running Windows 7 on an i7860 intel with 8 gigs of ram and a ATI Radeon HD 4650 video card.

Any ideas what the problem could be? I'll try support also.

Thanks

DID YOU TRY one of the earlier versions?

ken

Yes, I went back to 5.6 and it did the same thing. That's why I figure it's something with Win 7 or this computer. When I click n the name project screen it greys out and stops responding.

You say in your original post that you have upgraded your computer. Have you downloaded and installed all the latest drivers for all your various cards and devices? If I had upgraded my PC, I would regard this as an absolutely essential step, especially in connection with a new operating system such as Windows 7. And I would also go and re-check all the drivers every week or two for perhaps a couple of months in case any new drivers are released that resolve problems associated with Windows 7.

regards,

Peter

You say in your original post that you have upgraded your computer. Have you downloaded and installed all the latest drivers for all your various cards and devices? If I had upgraded my PC, I would regard this as an absolutely essential step, especially in connection with a new operating system such as Windows 7. And I would also go and re-check all the drivers every week or two for perhaps a couple of months in case any new drivers are released that resolve problems associated with Windows 7.

regards,

Peter

I went through and checked for updates on all the drivers since I had seen that solution for so many other things. Still does the same thing.

If you are familiar with the Task Manager, I checked there and every time I try to run VB it leaves "Burn.exe*32" running under Processes. I've tried to start VB twice and now there are 2 instances of the Burn.Exe*32 running.

Don't know if that helps.

post-89-126089490034_thumb.jpg

I'll try to get this to the top again.

I see by this post, http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11130 that I'm not the only one with the problem. I didn't look at it at first because I don't understand French.

I got an email 3 days ago that it was being referred to the developer who, I assume, is Igor. Is he out of town or on vacation?

Do you have another dvd authoring program on the computer that you can use --

does it work ok

are you having other problems with windows 7 or any other program on the install

ken

I'll be away from that computer until Monday evening, but the PTE dvd builder is the only problem I've had so far. I'll try the DVD burner that came with the computer when I get back.

I tried the bundled DVD burner from HP and all functions seem to work. I burned some photos to a DVD with no problem.

I've used a different set of pictures from a different folder and I've uninstalled and re-installed PTE twice. The second time I even deleted the registration from the registry and it still locks up the minute I click on the project page to begin the burn.

I can now understand the frustration of some of the people who write in for help, especially to the help desk at WNsoft. Except for one reply from Peter, you (Ken) are the only one who has tried to address the problem. I've heard nothing from the staff. I'm certainly no expert with PTE but I've had it since 2002 so I know it should be working and it's not.