WnSoft Forums

Tutorial for "Book effects"

thedom

A very detailed tutorial on how to use my "Book" template (for landscape pictures).

bjc-BookTemplate-Tut.jpg

The quality of bjc's tutorials was not to demonstrate any more but this one is even a step above, really professionnal, and trust me, I'm really requiring.

That archive includes :

- the Video itself which runs for 28 minutes (divided in 6 steps)

- the sample PTE.exe file (TheDom-BookLandscape-bjc.exe).

IMPORTANT : to watch the tutorial, double-click on the "BOOKTemplateTutorial2.html" file.

In case you don't have flash installed yet, you can enable your system to read it by going to the MacroMedia site here:

http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/

In case you didn't already downloaded it, I included in the archive my "BookLandscape Template" which contains :

- the template itself (TheDom-BookLandscape-TPL.pte)

- the photoshop action (TheDom-PTEBook (2).atn) to quickly process your pictures

(Thanks to bjc for the improvement he made).

Even if you already know how to use my template, have a look at this tutorial, I'm quite sure you gonna learn something.

Thanks bjc for this really excellent tutorial.

When is the next one ? ;)

icon_pa_download.gif

[35,04 MB]

Most excellent tutorial! It all works for me with the exception of the Dom's Action.SWF which seems to have been corrupted very shortly after the start. It simply stops well before it should so I suspect some issue with the file during the zip or such.

Best regards,

Lin

BJC's book tutorial is excellent and very easy to understand. However, in practice, I have followed the Book Template tutorial to the letter BUT when I open P2E v 5.5, find 'MY FIRST BOOK' and add TheDom-BookLandscapeTPL-SmlJPG image to the slide list and click on Objects and Animation, I do not have the listing of files under the Objects column, ie (25), which show on the tutorial. Also when I move the blue pointer on the timeline from one end of the timeline to the other, there isn't any activity because there are not any keypoints showing. What am I doing wrong please???

Lin,

I think the problem occurered when you downloaded the file because I just downloaded it, unzipped the file and Dom's Action.SWF runs fine.

Nettleton,

when you say "when I open P2E v 5.5, find 'MY FIRST BOOK' and add TheDom-BookLandscapeTPL-SmlJPG image to the slide", actually, you have to open the .pte template, ie "TheDom-BookLandscape-TPL.pte".

This file is actually a PTE project and it is in a sub-archive included in the archive you downloaded.

The name of this sub-archive is "TheDom-BookLandscape-TPL.zip" and includes all the files related to the template.

You have to unzip this sub-archive first and then, within PTE, open "TheDom-BookLandscape-TPL.pte".

Everything should be ok.

Hope it helps.

BJC's book tutorial is excellent and very easy to understand. However, in practice, I have followed the Book Template tutorial to the letter BUT when I open P2E v 5.5, find 'MY FIRST BOOK' and add TheDom-BookLandscapeTPL-SmlJPG image to the slide list and click on Objects and Animation, I do not have the listing of files under the Objects column, ie (25), which show on the tutorial. Also when I move the blue pointer on the timeline from one end of the timeline to the other, there isn't any activity because there are not any keypoints showing. What am I doing wrong please???

Nettleton,,

Sorry about the confusion,,, my fault !! ~ the opening of the PTE file was the one thing that I didn't show 'visually', but, if you listen carefully I did mention it ~ all you need to do, when PTE first opens, is click on FILE / OPEN and browse to the folder where you unzipped the Template, and select Dom's .pte file ~ THEN you will be at the stage where the visual tutorial starts ~~ hope that makes sense.

bjc

Hi bjc

Thanks for the clarifying post - yes, it makes sense. Can't wait to 'get into it' over the weekend!

Best regards - Nettleton

Hi there, I cannot get the html file or swf file to work in spite of downloading Adobe Flash Player 9 - though where adobe has put it on my PC I cannot find out even using the search engine. Anybody out there can help please. Cheers, Derek

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everybody,

Did anyone still have this tutorial ?

Thanks. :)

The Dom,

i still have this as a 35MB zip file it also as the Template.zip In same Folder, would only to pleased to send to you,But because i have never done this befor and do not have website you would have to explain how to do so, i dont think my ISP would manage it.

All the best RayC

thedom

I have a complete tutorial here that seems to be what RayC has.

Your template - bjc tutorial using it - .SWF files - HTML file - the .ATN file plus Readme file.

Sent to your e-mail address via Dropload. ( 36.254 kb - zipped )

Take a look at it and let us know if that is the one you are after.