WnSoft Forums

Re-linking folders with project

Severn Bore

Hi

I have been reorganising my folders on my various hard drives. However, I now wish to record a couple of projects onto DVD (I had already created EXE files but there seems to be no way of importing these into the PtoE DVD maker), and I wonder whether anyone can tell me how I can re-associate the picture files with the project file in their new location? <_<

Hi Severn,

First for the future: Use the Zip creation feature to assemble all necessary files then you can move them anywhere and they will stay as a group making it easy for PTE to quickly assemble everything necessary to do what you wish.

For now, perhaps the best way if you are not certain of the image files used, take the PTE file into a word processor or even WordPad in Windows and either print it out or write down the image file names used which will be found next to the "Picture=" wording. Next perform a search to find the files. If they are not all in the same place either copy or move them to a new common folder and put the PTE file in the same folder.

Next edit the PTE file looking for the "Picture=" lines and alter it to the new path. Now when you open the PTE file it should find everything and allow you to make your DVD.

This may be lengthy if you have hundreds of images, but again to prevent this in the future just use the Zip feature to zip the whole thing up which can then be moved anywhere and used perfectly from the new location.

Best regards,

Lin

Hi

I have been reorganising my folders on my various hard drives. However, I now wish to record a couple of projects onto DVD (I had already created EXE files but there seems to be no way of importing these into the PtoE DVD maker), and I wonder whether anyone can tell me how I can re-associate the picture files with the project file in their new location? <_<

Adding to Lin's post above ... If your original images are no longer in their original path/folder :

Just copy the all the known images and the associated .pte file to a new/common folder as Lin suggests. Now, just open PTE and from Main Menu bar select File | Open and select the .pte file in that new/common folder. The images from the new/common folder should be viewable in the slide list and fully functional. Preview to verify and save the .pte file.

* PTE will use relative path of .pte file if original full path files are missing.

* This option avoids .pte file editing. Always create backup zips before file relocations, etc.

Hi Lin and nobeefstu

Many thanks for your prompt response to my problem, which has now been resolved with your help. I will also take the advice to zip my show media in future!

Thanks again and Merry Christmas to all forum members and especially Igor and team who give us such an excellent service.