WnSoft Forums

Got a problem

Bob

Hi Y'all:

I created a slide show with project name Dad's 80th By the way, I'm Dad :D . I added an auto run file.. [autorun]

open=Dad's 80th.exe

The program does not auto run :angry:

I wonder about two things... could it be the apostrophe? or the space between Dad's and 80th ?? If I have to change project name... how do I do that. I can't seem to find any way to change project name once project is started. Any help will be appreciated... thanks Bob

Bob,

Best to use the 8.3 file naming convention.

Use no spaces, use no special characters ... more or less keep it basic and simple.

Some OS sys and CDRom Drives can only read short file names (8.3) while some can read long file names also. Autorun is more or less a DOS excuted command ... therefore your OS/CDRom may not read correctly your filename used.

So to be assured all your CD's autorun in all PCs (when and where ever, as you never know) ... use the 8.3 file name rule. It never fails.

Example : Dads80th.exe

Hi, Bob - Happy Birthday! Hope I'm still playing around with PTE when I'm 80! B)

Stu is right - follow the KISS principle.

One further suggestion - when wanting to add a space in a file name, I usually use the underscore,"_", instead. It's a bit of a nuisance, but I have run into trouble using a space in filenames on my web page. The underscore is no problem - you can also use it at the start of a filename to put your file at the top of the list in Win explorer.

Bob,

One way is in Windows "Explorer", highlight the compiled PTE ".exe" file, select "File" / "Rename" from the menu bar at the top of the "Explorer" window, and then type in the new name.

Well, what do ya know:

Found a command that I had never used before "create as..." ;)

I took your advise and kept the Project name as 8.3> created the show with a new, simple name and I'm up and running.

Thanks once again to the great members of this super forum.

Bob..