WnSoft Forums

16:9 laptop & TV - what image size & resolution?

I want to make a slideshow to view on a 32" fllat screen TV - I have made a previous one and downsized large images taken on a Nikon D90 to 600x800px and 240pix/inch but when viewed on the TV they seemed very 'over saturated' - not out of focus exactly but fine detail didnt really show too well.

I was expecting a little better quality than what I got! Is there a better size and res for a flat screen TV? The actual screen dimensions are 71cm x 39cm.

Thanks

Connect laptop to TV (preferably via HDMI/DVI).

Use 1920x1080 images in a 1920x1080 fullscreen show.

Check your TV settings - sometimes there is a colour/contrast/brightness setting specifically for computer - don't use "vivid".

DaveG

how are you putting them on tv?

ken

I am creating a DVD of the slideshow but I am unsure about what settings to put the software on - ie progressive interlaced etc My main concern though is what to size my images to for a 32" flat screen monitor (and also a 16:9 laptop monitor) and also what resolution to set them at?? (72 seems a bit low for a good quality TV monitor Thanks

Use 1920x1080 images.

Check your TV settings - sometimes there is a colour/contrast/brightness setting specifically for computer - don't use "vivid".

DaveG

Thanks does that size apply if I am burning to a DVD?

No, DVD will always give you the results that you have seen.

Use 1024x768 high quality images and don't worry about their resolution (ppi) - that's only applicable to printing.

For best quality, I repeat:

Use 1920x1080 images in a 1920x1080 fullscreen show.

DaveG