WnSoft Forums

Reg key problem (SOLVED)

lmass

I paid for (PayPal) and downloaded Pictures to Exe Deluxe 5.6, received email from wnsoft that I am registered, but they never sent an attached registration key. I have sent 4 emails, contacted Paypal and still no luck. There was no key "attached" to my confirmation email, as stated in the directions for "loading key". Any suggestions, other than to get my money back?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Lynne,

It's unusual for a registration key not to be sent, but sometimes the email containing the registration key gets placed into spam by email spam filters. The first thing is to double check the spam filter content and see if there is an email there.

I have forwarded your email to the attention of the developers and I'm sure you will hear from them promptly and resolve the difficulty quickly.

Best regards,

Lin

We're apologize for this problem! Apparently the letter with license key was blocked by email server.

Please let me know your Order ID. We'll send the key again (in ZIP archive).

I paid for (PayPal) and downloaded Pictures to Exe Deluxe 5.6, received email from wnsoft that I am registered, but they never sent an attached registration key. I have sent 4 emails, contacted Paypal and still no luck. There was no key "attached" to my confirmation email, as stated in the directions for "loading key". Any suggestions, other than to get my money back?

I did find this info. in the email:

IS THIS THE REGISTRATION KEY? I tried putting one or the other into a text file and loading it, but that didn't work. I did searches on the hard drive, but no luck that way either. Where is the key? Or is there something else I can do to load it?

LYNNE

IAM GOING TO EDIT OUT YOUR INFO - THAT IS THE KEY INFO

EMAIL ME AT

pbyk@sympatico.ca

ken

see

http://www.guru.to.i...s/regkey_en.htm

• 9 months later...

Hello; it appears that i cant start a new topic, so I thought that this was the best thread to place my request.I hope that it gets spotted.

I recently lost my programme files after a virus attack on what i thought was a well protected machine !!

I decided that my best defence was to keep my business PC away from the internet altogether, as i depend on it for my income....so my www activity is now on my laptop only.

i have been sent a new download file by PTE (thanks for that chaps) but when i transfer the programme to my pc Via a pen drive the registration key is "invalid".....is the key somehow linked to the computer which downloads it and if so how to I activate my new programme copy ?

thanks in anticipation

davy

Davy,

The simplest way to transfer PTE from one machine to another is to copy across the downloaded zip file and then do a full install from that. As you already have a key from WnSoft which you know works, simply re-input that when you get prompted to register the product.

regards,

Peter

Davy,

The simplest way to transfer PTE from one machine to another is to copy across the downloaded zip file and then do a full install from that. As you already have a key from WnSoft which you know works, simply re-input that when you get prompted to register the product.

regards,

Peter

thanks for that Peter, I apreciate it......when i am asked to "load a key" I get this message appear

" PteKey.txt.url. The above file name is invalid"

thats where I get stuck, or am I doing something wrong !!!

bestest

Davy

davy

see

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11932&pid=76790&st=0entry76790

nobeefstu has some utilities posted at the cottage

... nobeefstu

Utility Programs for PTE : Pte Project Reporter v2 , Pzr 360 Transitions , PcReport , KeyCopy , MusiCalc-Music Calculator , PlayView

gwet the key copy and install it on your original system

run it

and copy and paste the reg key to your new system and install it by r mouse action install

the readme of the keycopy proggie

------------------------

This Keys folder contains KeyCopy files which can be used to restore your registration entries for PicturesToExe and/or VideoBuilder.

------------------------

KeyCopy Use :

-KeyCopy files with .reg extention can be entered directly into the registry with just a dbl-click of the file. This is the fast and easy way to register your WnSoft products if your OS allows running of .reg files.

-KeyCopy files of PTE_KeyCopy.txt extention must be manually loaded into the registry opening the PicturesToExe program either by "Load A Key" prompt or by the menu bar Help | Registration.

-KeyCopy files of VideoBuilder_KeyCopy.txt extention must be manually loaded into the registry opening the VideoBuider program by "Load A Key" prompt.

------------------------

Notes:

This KeyCopy program does not create registration key(s) for WnSoft products. You must first have purchased your registration key(s) fron WnSoft and have previously entered them properly into the registry.

This KeyCopy program does not validate registration keys fron WnSoft.

Your registry must contain a existing and working key registration for this KeyCopy program to make a backup copy of your registration(s) information. If your registration key(s) never worked in the first place ... this tool will not correct the registy entries found.

ken

many thanks Ken.....the problem here is definately here with me. as I dont understand a word of your reply . I clicked the link to the thread, but I dont understand why or how the font would affect the use of the key i downloaded from PTE....sorry to be so dim

does it matter that the PC i am trying to install the programme on to is not connected to the www....i am downloading the information on my laptop and transfering it across the room to my working PC very carefully on a pen-drive.

I bet you love dimwits such a I !!! lol

Hi Davy,

The program Ken pointed you to, when run on your old computer, copies the Wnsoft PTE unlock key and allows you to transfer it to your new computer.

Here is another link. Download the program, unzip it and run it on your old computer.

http://www.learntoma...opy/keycopy.zip

After you run the program it will save the PTE key. Copy the key and save it to a flash drive or thumdrive or external drive or CD, etc.

Open your new computer, put the media you saved the file on and open it and click on the key to put it into the registry and your new computer will then work with PTE>

Lin

Im sorry Ken.....I have tried but I dont understand any of what you are trying to tell me....i just dont understand the words or indeed what it is am supposed to be doing !!!!..sorry

Hi Davy,

The program Ken pointed you to, when run on your old computer, copies the Wnsoft PTE unlock key and allows you to transfer it to your new computer.

Here is another link. Download the program, unzip it and run it on your old computer.

http://www.learntoma...opy/keycopy.zip

After you run the program it will save the PTE key. Copy the key and save it to a flash drive or thumdrive or external drive or CD, etc.

Open your new computer, put the media you saved the file on and open it and click on the key to put it into the registry and your new computer will then work with PTE>

Lin

hello all...thanks for your attention and assistance.......my son went through it with me (very slowly!) and we got it all running very nicely....I think? I was not loading the key text file correctly, copy and paste was NOT the way to go apparently !!

anyways its now back to where it all was before the virus hit me

cheers

• 2 months later...

Hello,

yesterday I've downloaded the file, paid for it.

However, there was no activation key inside (no .txt file).

This is what I have in archive pack:

1. picturestoexe-setup.exe

2. readme.rtf

3. whatsnew.rtf

Should the key file be inside the archive?

Still trying:

I received the PteKey.txt from the orders@wnsoft.com.

I unpack the archive, launch the program, load the key in the activation window.

The programm says that activation is complete. After 2 seconds it asks again for the activation.

So. I load the key. ok for 2 seconds. Asks the activation.

What could be the problem?

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

I received the PteKey.txt from the orders@wnsoft.com.

I unpack the archive, launch the program, load the key in the activation window.

The programm says that activation is complete. After 2 seconds it asks again for the activation.

So. I load the key. ok for 2 seconds. Asks the activation.

I too am having this exact same problem with 6.5!

The only difference is I am using a 5.1 key.

I have tried loading the text, and loading the file.

Both produce similar results.

This is on a Windows 7 X64 machine. (could that be the problem)

Allogagaw,

I too am having this exact same problem with 6.5!

The only difference is I am using a 5.1 key.

I have tried loading the text, and loading the file.

Both produce similar results.

This is on a Windows 7 X64 machine. (could that be the problem)

When you say you are using a 5.1 key ... is this key file for PTE or VideoBuilder upgrade ?

If you could test and check ... Open PTE, click Continue Trial button, click from the top menu Create | HD Video for PC and Mac

Does it then again ask you to also Load A Key or a messagebox similar to the image attachment below ?

post-45-064142900 1285691681_thumb.jpg

Allogagaw,

When you say you are using a 5.1 key ... is this key file for PTE or VideoBuilder upgrade ?

If you could test and check ... Open PTE, click Continue Trial button, click from the top menu Create | HD Video for PC and Mac

Does it then again ask you to also Load A Key or a messagebox similar to the image attachment below ?

Well, I'll be darn...

I did not know the keys were different!

This is on a different computer and I had never installed PTE on this system.

Went back and loaded my older PTE key from 2002 and magically it fixed it!

(I try to never throw anything away)

I would have thought the newer key would have been inclusive!

But obviously not!

Sorry I jumped the gun on your request it would have been nice to know for sure but it's fixed now!

THANKS!

I am having the same problem and I can't transfer anything from my old PC. I had to reformat my computer that had the PTE on it. I just downloaded 6.5 from the website and I now have a new computer and it says the reg key is invalid (I am using the order ID from my receipts). The key is from PTE Deluxe, an upgrade purchased in 2008. I also tried to use the old key from my original purchase in 2005...neither key will work. Both result in the invalid key message. Can someone please help? I really need to get a slideshow to a customer.

Thanks!

Maria

Maria,

I am having the same problem and I can't transfer anything from my old PC. I had to reformat my computer that had the PTE on it. I just downloaded 6.5 from the website and I now have a new computer and it says the reg key is invalid (I am using the order ID from my receipts). The key is from PTE Deluxe, an upgrade purchased in 2008. I also tried to use the old key from my original purchase in 2005...neither key will work. Both result in the invalid key message. Can someone please help? I really need to get a slideshow to a customer.

Thanks!

Maria

Using the "order ID from my receipts" ... is only going to give you invalid registration because its not the actual registration key.

Your PTE Deluxe key of 2008 is only a VideoBuilder upgrade key ... and is only going to work for the VideoBuilder features of PTE. Registering PTE and VideoBuilder is a two key registration process since you made purchases on two separate occasions. One key for PTE and another key for VideoBuilder. It also possible that even if you found your VideoBuilder key it is either expired or nearing its 2 year limitation. The PTE key is valid for lifetime with no time limitations.

----------

To register PTE ... you need to use your "old key from my original purchase in 2005"

The PTE Key must begin with the following data and trailing with addional values not shown here :

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\PTE]

----------

To register VideoBuilder ... you need to use your "PTE Deluxe key of 2008 "

The VideoBuilder Key must begin with the following data and trailing with addional values not shown here :

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\WnSoft\VideoBuilder]

----------

*Open your key files in notepad (or the files that you think are your keys) ... and verify/read inside if the above context is contained within. If not ... its not a registration key file.

*If you have totally lost your keys ... you need to contact WnSoft Support thru their home site to obtain replacements.

• 1 month later...