WnSoft Forums

News about PicturesToExe v3.90

Igor

The standard icon for .exe files of newly created presentations is vastly improved.

I have added a new option: "Auto hide mouse cursor after (seconds)" and sub-option "Hide cursor at presentation startup". The cursor appears when you move your mouse, and will hide in case of absence of any movement during specified time interval (e.g. 3 s.). We're thinking to enable this option by default, because it's a good way to combine two previous options - constant cursor and no cursor. And Navigation bar is also available. So please let us know, what you think about this.

Igor,

Nice to hear 3.90 is in the mill. Thank-you so much for your dedication to ongoing improvements!

I vote for the "default" option for cursor control.

However, IMHO, the two new features most needed are:

- the ability to change the transition time of a sequence in the "sync to music" timeline window.

- the ability to pause a synchronized slide show and then start it again by hitting the same key or mouse button once more, all the while keeping the show in sync with the music.

After those, I would place in order of importance the following:

- other slide show 'run' controls such as fast-forward and reverse (keeping in sync with the music).

- thumb-nail editing of the order of slides in the show (similar to "SmoothShow", one of PTE's upcoming competitors :( .

- 'ghosting' or 'greying-out' control options which are not available when certain other options, such as the 'Synchronize slideshow ...' option, are selected. (The 'help' note associated with this latter option is out of date now that it is possible to change the duration of each slide from the synchronization time-line. Also, the note does not mention that the control options assignable to the cursor, such as 'pause', etc., do not function when the 'Synchronize' option is selected.)

Sorry, I get a bit carried away when I think of new features and design possibilities, but I feel that these ideas are worth considering. Maybe not right away, but soon, eh?

My two cents worth, anyway. :D

Best of the season!

Ciao,

Al