WnSoft Forums

Discussion of v6.0 Beta

thedom

Igor and S.Bidouze

I've just downloaded beta 2 and now it's working! I've tried many times with beta 1 and nothing happened!

Thanks!

I still experience no function of the Run External Application while using Customize Slide #1 on Main tab - Advanced Option (checkbox) using this v5.7 beta2. This same old bug issue was experienced and reported also for 5.6 versions. All other slides except Customize Slide #1 work correctly.

Ive tested with full file path using quotes ... and filename only with quotes. Still no function.

S.Bidouze ... where did you apply the Run External Application in your project file ?

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dave,

Dominique,

Bug in startup window?

Entering 1920x1200 produces a startup window which is roughly 1860x1200.

It is not a bug. Same behaviour exists when you are setting width/height for a windowed slideshow. We assign width/height for internal client area of a startup window, excluding border and caption of this window. If we will set width/height for whole window (with border and caption) it will cause serious problem - appearing of black strips arround slide - because thickness of caption and border of a window are different on each PC depending on version of Windows and used graphical theme (Classical, XP, Aero).

If you need to have fullscreen startup window please consider using of first slide as some kind of a startup window?

Dave,

P.S. It is also annoying that the desktop flashes between startup window and preview start. Can anything be done about this?
I just tested and observe same thing with the startup window from previous version 5.6. But please could you specify exactly - do you see flash to background of the desktop or flash to Windows Explorer from which you started this slideshow?

nobeefstu,

I still experience no function of the Run External Application while using Customize Slide #1 on Main tab - Advanced Option (checkbox) using this v5.7 beta2. This same old bug issue was experienced and reported also for 5.6 versions. All other slides except Customize Slide #1 work correctly.
We're experiencing technical and logical difficulties with implementing of this function on a first slide. Please give me more time to think about it.

"It is not a bug. Same behaviour exists when you are setting width/height for a windowed slideshow. We assign width/height for internal client area of a startup window, excluding border and caption of this window. If we will set width/height for whole window (with border and caption) it will cause serious problem - appearing of black strips arround slide - because thickness of caption and border of a window are different on each PC depending on version of Windows and used graphical theme (Classical, XP, Aero).

If you need to have fullscreen startup window please consider using of first slide as some kind of a startup window?"

OK to that - but the Startup Window fits to the HEIGHT of my 1920x1200 screen with a gap at each side. See screen shot.

Regarding the "flash" - if I start a Preview from a Project it flashes to the Project screen.

DaveG

post-2488-1245755983_thumb.jpg

Dominique,

Igor, in you v5.7 demo, I had the feeling that you could apply a % of opacity to a border.

I am wrong or missing something because I didn't see this option in the border feature.

When you choose color for the border you see Color dialog. At the right part of this window you see R, G, B components of color and below "A". 255 means fully opaque. 128 half of opacity.

Dave,

OK to that - but the Startup Window fits to the HEIGHT of my 1920x1200 screen with a gap at each side. See screen shot.

Yes. Because it is impossible to set client height of Startup window as 1200 due to height of caption and border PicturesToExe automatically proportionally reduces the window to show this window entirely visible on the screen.

For example, your display 1920x1200 and you try to set width/height of Startup window as 1920x1200. Client height of this window is 1200 and height of caption + border is about 30 pixels. Total height of this window should be 1230 pixels. But your display is only 1200. So PicturesToExe decides proportionally reduce width and height of the window to fit the window.

Regarding the "flash" - if I start a Preview from a Project it flashes to the Project screen.

Sorry, we can't avoid this flash of desktop because we need to de-initialize DirectX mode used in Startup window and prepare for exclusive fullscreen DirectX mode for slideshow.

Igor,

Thanks for the reply.

No hurry on my end to resolve this first slide - Run External Application issue. Its just a small feature that users can find other alternative means to perform the same function if you cannot find a logical fix to reimplement it.

We're experiencing technical and logical difficulties with implementing of this function on a first slide. Please give me more time to think about it.

Igor

Hello Igor & Congratulations to you and your team!

If it possible please do a work for this problem in pte v.5.6 that i already illustrate it .

Can you please solve this problem in this version ?

thank you beforehand

kind regards

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=e722350...f932dd72b2836ab

Tom,

PTE 5.7 beta 2 in Vista or Windows 7 (did not try XP).

Create screen saver slideshow. Right click on file select configure or install. Error message pop up window.

I confirm this bug. Under Windows XP too. It seems that there is a mistake in screensaver mode. We'll cure it in Beta 3. Thanks!
Also I have not understood the purpose of Advance Project Option, Exit on mouse move (for screen savers) since this is automatic for screen saver?
This option can be useful if you create an usual slideshow (not screensaver) and need same behaviour with the mouse cursor.

Scorpion,

In 5.6.2 running a slideshow from menu, results in a seamless transition from Menu to Show, and from Show to Menu. In 5.7 beta 2 the Desktop shows between each transition. See the demo files in the zip.
Thank you, I've reproduced this issue. It also should be fixed in Beta 3 soon.

AbdolReza,

If it possible please do a work for this problem in pte v.5.6 that i already illustrate it .

Can you please solve this problem in this version ?

thank you beforehand

OK, we'll try fix this issue. Thanks.

PTE 5.7 Beta 3

Not sure if there is a bug related to the Preview Option in the latest version.

I am experiencing a problem where there is the wrong image displayed on two slides of twenty when I play in Preview but when I use the window preview it doesn't happen. The fault is also present when I create an .exe file. Can anyone through a light on the possible problem. I have double checked all my settings and this should not happen.

I have noted that if I run the same show in PTE 5.7 Beta 2 the problem goes away, what the problem is I don't know.

I tried to use 5.7 beta 3 to make a Mac slideshow to test but it said I must be a licensed user of PTE Deluxe (I'm not a licensed user of PTE Deluxe). So does that mean I can't beta test the new Mac slideshow output?

Guest Yachtsman1
I tried to use 5.7 beta 3 to make a Mac slideshow to test but it said I must be a licensed user of PTE Deluxe (I'm not a licensed user of PTE Deluxe). So does that mean I can't beta test the new Mac slideshow output?

If you mean you haven't paid for the software, you should be able to download it but only add 10 slides, (limited use). Just to get the feel of it. Unless something has changed :unsure:

Yachtsman1

Tom,

Maybe small logical bug in random slideshow project option. If a slide comment is set to display slide number (<%SlideIndex%>) and project option is set for random slideshow, then the slide numbers always start at slide 1,2,3,... I would think the slide number comment would follow the slide numbering in the editor and not be sequential. Instead the slide number comment might be 3,1,2,...
Same behaviour in previous version. I think it it correct, because before a show we generate random order of slides and then show them in this order. If you go back to previous slide it will be same image. Honestly both ways are right but I wouldn't complicate the program.

Mike,

Send me source files of this project, please. I just leaved a personal message for you through the forum.

potwnc,

Please see my explanations here: http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index....ost&p=66366

I also send you PM message.

Potwnc

You need to have a licence for PTE Deluxe as I believe the Mac slideshow output is part of the Deluxe section of the program.

EDIT 11:20

See Igor's post #6 here--

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index....showtopic=10183

I am a Mac user..and waiting anxiously for the MAC compatible version of PTE , of course!

Meanwhile a friend of mine, experiencing Version 5.7 Beta, tried to generate an output for Mac user

He already send to me,

firts: as a zip document

then: the complete set of documents, including:slideshow.dat/MacViewer5/Info.plist/Pkginfo/

Unfortunately I cannot see anything??? :ph34r:

I am woking on an "old" type of MAC/ PowerPc, and using MAC OS 10.4

Are the ouput of PTE V5.7 readable on that kind of machine or only on MAC-Intel machines?

What version(s) of MAC OS are compatibles?

I thanck you fot help!!! :)

Boulicot, I think this are the answers to your questions :

Slideshow for Mac created in PicturesToExe Deluxe 5.7 is a folder with files. If you want to publish it in Internet, pack this folder into a ZIP archive.

On Mac this folder looks as a single executable file (like EXE file in Windows). Double click on this "folder" will run the slideshow.

Also slideshow require Intel based Mac and MacOSX 10.4 or later.

=> Read http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index....ost&p=66446

Thanck you Thedom.

As I suspected le result is only readeable on a MAC/Intel Machine!!

Igor,

I presume you didn't finished the way shadows work in 5.7 beta3.

I started a project with 5.6.3 and it was fine.

I opened the project with 5.7 beta3, didn't changed anything and the result is completely different. :lol:

See file attached (same project compiled with 5.6.3 and 5.7 beta 3).

shadows.zip

WIDEANGLE

more details for Igor's and thedom's benefit please

ken

Thanks, Ken

I suspect TheDom is in a much better position than I am to explain the problems with his template, because I don't know the intricacies of how it works, but basically it starts off with a closed photo album which then opens its front cover. On version 5.7.3 several components of the album makeup are out of position as the cover opens.

Whether this is a problem with the way the template is designed I can't comment on, but I would have thought that 5.7.3 would be backwards compatible, and that it should still work properly, as it did in 5.6.

I'd wondered if the problem related to the earlier observation by TheDom, so that's why I included this point.

Regards,

wideangle