WnSoft Forums

Discussion of v6.0 Beta

thedom

I presume you didn't finished the way shadows work in 5.7 beta3.

I started a project with 5.6.3 and it was fine.

I opened the project with 5.7 beta3, didn't changed anything and the result is completely different. laugh.gif

I confirm this bug. Will be fixed later. Thanks! It happened because we're adding 3D transformations for objects to the slideshow's engine. Sorry for such stupid bugs which I've missed in first beta releases.

igor admits his problem and he will fix it

what i am saying is the dom's template will not run on the latest beta and Igor will have to fix it -in his own time - and the people that are trying to run the affected template should be dealing with Dom directly and him taking all the problems to Igor from his own site to see if Igor can resolve it

"dont wash your laundry in public" is another way of saying

-- dont let the competition know that the #1 software author is having problems with somebody elses template with his latest beta, take it off list

ken

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi igor

why do you remove scrollbar from startup window and help window , it cause to write INFINITE text in them !

I can add story or BIOGRAPHY for my object of slideshow by scrollbar but now i can't :(:o

DISSAPOINT Regards :(

Also please igor note this problem that the option of " Downloacl User Guicle in PDF... " isnot shown in help menu

in farsi or other language translation except of English and Russian !. I hope you catch my say igor sorry my english language is not romantic ! :D

Abdol,

Could you explain in more detail about scrollbars? I still see scrollbars to enter text. You have the option of programming text to scroll exactly as you would on any screen. You can use a mask to have the text scroll within a particular area, etc., just like you would on any other screen. The difference is that this screen pops up at the beginning of your slideshow and things like hypertext, button, etc., are already placed for you to modify or delete as needed???

Best regards,

Lin

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Yachtsman1
Any idea on when Pictures2Exe 5.7 will be officially released as a non beta ? I have just bought 5.6 standard and assume I am entitled to the upgrade at no additional cost. It is the 5.7 version I need (dual monitor feature)

You can download 5.7 now and use it, just click the link at the top of the page one on Igors original post.

Yachtsman1

Eric,

That's not exactly good advice!

It is, after all, a BETA version and not a full working working version in any sense.

Barry has been waiting (IM)patiently for the dual monitor facility for a while now (and it is nice to hear that he has invested in 5.6).

DaveG

Guest Yachtsman1
Eric,

That's not exactly good advice!

It is, after all, a BETA version and not a full working working version in any sense.

Barry has been waiting (IM)patiently for the dual monitor facility for a while now (and it is nice to hear that he has invested in 5.6).

DaveG

If he's been waiting for some time for the dual monitor facility one must assume he also knows about the pitfalls associated with a beta version, or do you know something different?

Eric

Yachtsman1

Okay guys, Don't fight over me, but I am flattered. Thank you Igor for the answer. I did post some issues I found with the Beta and the dual monitors which I presume was taken under advisement.

I am looking forward to running Picture2EXE slide shows of my family and friends in my Theater. The Theater is controlled by a black box PC with dual monitor output and an extended desktop. The main monitor (top left) is a 21" display (SVGA) used for status information while the Projector (133" diagonal 1080p) is the second monitor (top right).

The PC is a true "Black Box" with no controls except power on/off in the back, and is all cooling fins (both sides) as there are no fans in the unit. Gets very warm to the touch but CPU temp is well within specs. Obviously it makes no noise, which was the primary consideration in its design. On a power failure it just reboots and restarts the main application.

It has been reported on the French DiaporamaForum that if the slideshow contains an icon, the computer crashes when the exe is being created and the following message is displayed:

Access violation at address 77953E74 in module 'oleaut32.dll'.

Read of address FFFFFFFD.

I dit the test myself (opening an 'old' slideshow containing an icon and running normally, and re-creation of the exe without any changes to this slideshow), the exe file is produced without problem... but the corresponding slideshow doesn't play !

If the box for adding an icon is unchecked, i.e. if no icon is added, the exe is created and plays normally.

[Edit - note for Igor (or other interested, of course, no secret)]

I have prepared a short 'slideshow' of 3 images and no music, nothing fancy at all; one without icon and one with an icon (an old icon already used without problem in an real show). The pte templates are available from the following links:

without icon

with icon

and the corresponding .exe files (1 MB each):

exe without icon

exe with icon

Gérard,

Thank you!

I've reproduced the issue with template you have published (slideshow with the modified icon doesn't play). It will be fixed soon.

Regarding first problem:

- Please could you ask that user of DiaporamaForum send me the icon file which he've used?

- And if I understand rightly - the problem comes when he press "Create" button in PicturesToExe?

- Please ask him about version of Windows.

Hi Jean,

Peter is correct - the .ico file is defective. Windows ico files must be no more than 256 colors or the won't be recognized as such. The file with the extension .ico in your zipped example isn't an icon.

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Peter !

Really, I'm not sure my icon file has 16M colours ! (I think the software used to make it, didn't give me a lot of choices, and I think it was 256 !).

What I'm sure, is that I've used it with PTE 5.6 without problem (and can still use it).

( I'm not the only one having such trouble, but every body doesn't speak English as well as you're speaking French, Peter ! )

If you look at the icon, and blinking a little, you could see a dodecahedron, right ? !!!!

Good Evening

Regards Jean-Cyprien

Thank you, Jean-Cyprien!

I just tested and see same thing - it creates EXE file without problem with this icon, but then it doesn't work. Tomorrow we'll try to figure out why this problem occurs.

Please also let me know what version of Window you have installed?

Lin,

Peter,

Windows XP supports icons with True-Color. And Windows Vista and Windows 7 support icons up to 256x256. One icon file can be a container of multiple icons with different sizes and colors.

Hi Jean,

The icon as included in the zipped file is definitely defective, but this isn't the only problem. Even with a good icon 5.7 beta 4 won't run properly so let Igor sort it out. The ico file in your zipped folder does have 16 million colors and is way too large for an icon file. I'm not sure why the original seems to be a defective icon but I couldn't open in Photoshop CS nor in IrfanView. I was able to open it in Picture Windows Pro 3.0 and is shows 16 million colors. However, even substituting a known good icon it doesn't work in 5.7 so there is a problem.

Best regards,

Lin

This beta is extending the boundaries to an exciting level.

I have looked at the new 'Add Border' option and like the possibilities it offers af adding almost any size of border to an image. At the moment, it is just a simple white border - I wonder if this could be extended so that we can choose any colour border?

Well done Igor, you and your team deserve the congratulations that you are getting!

Ron West

EDIT:

oops! If I had looked more closely, I would have seen that it is already possible to select a colour. I guess I must slow down a little and pay more attention.

Ron

Hi Lin,

Thank you for your comments.

I've created this icon 3 months ago (just for the fun) and don't remember now how I've done it. Sorry. (I haven't made an other one !)

I'm able to open it with IrfanView, with XnView (and you're right, there are 32 bits per pixel, not 8), with Nero PhotoSnap Viewer, and with Photoshop.

With Photoshop, you have to add an ICO.8bi file (easily found with Internet) in Program Files / Photoshop / External modules/ File Format. More, I think it's then possible to create a .ico file with Photoshop.

I have no problem with this icon, even with the 573 version. Just with the last 574.

Best regards,

Jean-Cyprien