Discussion of v6.0 Beta

thedom

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks! I just reproduced this error message with an icon and found the reason of this problem - it was a simple mistake in the code of the program.

Beta 5 completely fixes this issue:

http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/picturestoexe-beta.zip (7 MB)

Sorry Igor but I have always the problem with beta #5 : Access violation at adress 770E8A4 oleaut32.dll read of adress FFFFFFFD

Igor,

Iam also getting the same error message as others with beta 5.75 with use of any custom icon. Plus the PTE GUI freezes after the error message.

However ... it still produced a non-working exe. See attachment below.

post-45-1248442703_thumb.jpg

Hi Igor

PTE just gets better and better. One thought. When using two monitors and running a preview it would be most helpful if the Blue curser in the time line moves in sync as the preview is seen on the other monitor. I appreciate you can do this in the editing mode but when viewing at full screen things to adjust often stand out more that in the smaller viewing screen.

PicturesToExe Deluxe 5.7 Beta 4 is available.

Download link:

http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/picturestoexe-beta.zip (7 MB)

This beta still doesn't solve several visual issues with objects in some complex scenes. We're working on the solution, and I hope it will be fixed in Beta 5.

Changes in Beta 4:

+ You can assign any icon for your created executable file of a slideshow (including large icons with alpha semi-transparancy.

+ Updated language files.

* Fixed visual bug in Create menu called from Objects and animation editor.

* Fixed bug of previous Beta 3 when the program always produced damaged not workable screensaver.

* Some other changes.

Igor,

You hoped that the visual issues with objects in some complex scenes would be fixed by Beta 5.

Am I correct in saying that Beta 6 still hasn't resolved those issues?

Regards,

wideangle.

The effect of a jumping key frame, as described by Cedric Dawnhawk, see here, is still to be seen in 5.7B6
You hoped that the visual issues with objects in some complex scenes would be fixed by Beta 5.

Am I correct in saying that Beta 6 still hasn't resolved those issues?

We need more time, sorry. I'm sure it will be fixed on the next week in Beta 7.

* Fixed bug of Beta 4-5 with assigning of a custom icon file for executable file with a slideshow.

Seems OK now. Thanks

* Vastly reduced memory usage for Undo/Redo system. Earlier long work with very large slides could cause "Out of memory" error message.

Many thanks for this important modification. It became to be a problem with complex slideshow and it seems good now : a very good feature.

Do you think include in V5.7 the two requets I send you lat week ?.

Thanks to you and your team for all the very difficult job you are doing.

It seems there is a remaining problem in v5.7 beta 6 when moving a picture file. This problem exists with Windows 7 not with Windows XP.

I transfer an old slideshow made with v5.6 and windows XP on a new PC working under Windows 7. I moved also all my files but with different file names.

When I open an old pte file (only one picture), a window pops up, as usual, indicating that PTE does not find the picture. OK. I open the O&A editor and in the Properties tab I change the adress of the picture. Everything seems OK, the picture appears normally in the O&A window and all the effects run perfectly well, but when I close the O&A editor, a blue screen appears above the picture inside the viewer with "Image not found:" "Path:" in despite the right picture was found and displayed. If I create an exe file of the slideshow, this blue screen remains above the picture.

I made the same exercise with v5.6 +Windows 7, I got the same result. I came back with my PC working with XP. I changed the file name and made the same exercise and everything is OK.

Daniel

Daniel,

Currently I can't reproduce this issue with updating of an image file path.

1) How exactly you do this: type a new path manually in text box or click small button near to the text box to call Open dialog and choose this picture from a list? I've tried both ways with same successful result.

2) Please try to save project file under another name after you updated image file path. Re-open it. Will PicturesToExe find the updated image? If no, please send me only .pte project file. And let me know right updated file path which should be used in this project for this image file.

3) Please try to create a new one slide test project under Windows 7, then move used image file to another folder. Will this problem occur again?

I can't explain here what I requested by mail, but is it possible to know if the requests I did july 24th will be included or not in V5.7, for me it's very important. Thanks for answer.If you haven't received them, tell me, I'll send them to you.

Thanks Igor for your attention.

1) How exactly you do this: type a new path manually in text box or click small button near to the text box to call Open dialog and choose this picture from a list? I've tried both ways with same successful result.

- by typing a new path manually in text box

2) Please try to save project file under another name after you updated image file path. Re-open it. Will PicturesToExe find the updated image? If no, please send me only .pte project file. And let me know right updated file path which should be used in this project for this image file.

- with this pte project (baie_de_concarneau2.pte), I tried to change the picture by clicking the small button near the text box and choosing the picture inside the picture in the O&A editor, I tried to change the picture by clicking the button "change the picture" over the viewer in the main window but without success the blue screen error remains. (But I tried after to modify the pte file with my PC / XP but the result was the same).

The right path is : E:\Users\user\Videos\panorama_bretagne\panorama_concarneau.jpg

You will find the .pte file in the attachment you will find also a jpeg picture which is a print screen showing the blue screen error, if needed I can also provide you with the full saved zip file at your email adress.

3) Please try to create a new one slide test project under Windows 7, then move used image file to another folder. Will this problem occur again?

As you suggested to do I have made several slideshow tests using exactly the same method and everything was OK. with W7 or XP.

The only difference I can notice : baie_de_concarneau2.pte was my first slideshow after the installation of PTE on my new PC/W7. Is this information relevant or not for you?

I hope that could be helpful to you.

baie_de_concarneau2.txtpost-6446-1249384128_thumb.jpg

Picsel,

My review of your file shows you are missing another image object in Slide 1.

The Blue Missing display is not your main image object.

Picture=H:\baie_de_concarneau2_Aug3-2009_19-42-33_Windows7\panorama_concarneau.jpg

The missing image object is your

ImageName=H:\baie_de_concarneau2_Aug3-2009_19-42-33_Windows7\Texte.png

Have you added this file to your Windows 7 files in any tests to find results ?

.....Have you added this file to your Windows 7 files in any tests to find results ?

Hello nobeefstu,

this object is at the right place in the slideshow file, with or without this object the problem remains the same.

(Find in the attachments the baie_de_concarneau3.pte file (without the text object) and the jpeg print screen)

The problem appears the first time I was working with W7 but I am not sure at all that W7 is responsible for that.

You can see (refer to my previous posts) that several other exercices were made (as required by Igor) using exactly the same method but with a positive result whatever the OS, XP or W7.

Daniel.

baie_de_concarneau3.txtpost-6446-1249477089_thumb.jpg

I have made 3 exe from the 3 most difficult slideshows for PTE I did, one, "Mon maîtr"e use intensive transformations of parent-child objects (used also a long time ago in Fantaisies florales), the second one, "Penser avec son pinceau" which use thousand masks; the third one "Diapositiviades auvergnates" in which there is like a video 720 x 450 during 7'27", the slideshow is a full HD definition and for which the speed of calculation is very important, all these exe works like they do with 5.6. All the functions of 5.6 in exe files works correctly now in 5.7.

Bravo Igor and team.

Normal display in 5.6.3 :

photoalbum01.jpg

Problem in 5.7 beta 3 :

photoalbum02.jpg

Igor, this problem of display still remains with beta 7. :unsure:

And when I run the preview mode, I have an error message (see file attached).

The problem with shadows is fixed ! :)

post-2148-1249498878_thumb.jpg

Igor, this problem of display still remains with beta 7. :unsure:

And when I run the preview mode, I have an error message (see file attached).

I get the same error message when I run in Preview but it is not present in an exe made from the same project.

Alan