Discussion of v6.0 Beta

thedom

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yesterday I downloaded version 6 Beta 15; after installing I don't see a 3-D button in O&A -> Animations. In fact, I don't see a 3-D button anywhere in the application....

Is there something wrong or do I something wrong? :unsure:

regards,

Henri.

Hello Henri

The 3 D button will appear only at a key point on the time line. If you are not on a key point you cannot see it.

Best regards

Daniel.

For Igor and project team...

- old remaining issue ...still there with V6.0b15

1)I made a project with v 6.0b15

2)I saved my project

3)I created an EXE file

4)I close the project by clicking on the red cross

and then a window pops-up requiring to save the project again even if no modification was made in between 2) and 4)

That is not a very important problem but it is disturbing and in certain cases could lead to make errors with files management.

Is it very difficult to fix?

Best regards

Daniel

Dominique,

Igor, a minor problem with beta 15 : SHIFT+mouse

No problem to move an object horizontally but vertically, you can not move it a few pixel up or down.

At the begining, the move is not effective and suddenly, the object will "jump".

Thanks! We'll fix it in Beta 17.

Daniel,

For Igor and project team...

2)I saved my project

3)I created an EXE file

and then a window pops-up requiring to save the project again even if no modification was made in between 2) and 4)

That is not a very important problem but it is disturbing and in certain cases could lead to make errors with files management.

Best regards

Daniel

Sorry, I'll try to fix it too in Beta 17.

I am somewhat confused about what version of PTE we are actually discussing and testing here. In the original posting of the latest beta, it is referred to as

WnSoft announces PicturesToExe Deluxe 6.0 Beta

The next available beta download is referred to as

I'm confused. Are we actually testing PTE version 6.0 or version 5.7? The original beta for this go-round was described by Igor as:

WnSoft announces PicturesToExe Deluxe 6.0 Beta

In the next posting, it became:

PicturesToExe Deluxe 5.7 Beta 2 is available

It stayed at 5.7 until the 15th beta, which then became 6.0 again.

PicturesToExe Deluxe 6.0 Beta 15 is available

Are we working Igor too hard, did he just decide to skip 5.7 completely and push everything into 6.0, or am I missing something? No big deal, but I am just curious.

Question regarding borders ...

I just created a slideshow and wanted to take advantage of the "borders" option. I like the effect and the ability to add a white border without editing each slide in Photoshop. Unfortunately, I could not find a default or a universal way to add the borders without going into the O&A editor and clicking the "Adjust Image and Border" button. In addition, I wanted only a 10 px border instead of the default 20 so I had to edit every slide the same way. Is there some place to set the default width and is there a project option or something I can set to force all slides to have this border (and then turn it off for the few that I don't want it on)? Am I missing something?

If not, it sure would be great to have the ability to add borders to all or a selection of slides. Otherwise, for a full slideshow it is much easier to edit the pictures in another program and do batch processing.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Mary,

I think you must have missed this post by Igor: http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10648

regards,

Peter

Peter,

Thanks for the reply! Indeed I did miss it. I was out of town for a week with no internet connection and I have been trying to catch up on all the important posts since then. Somehow I missed that one. Can't wait to try out the latest beta!

Hi Mary,

There is no option to apply a universal border across multiple images - it's handled image by image. There is a probably a reason for this from a programming perspective.

Along with the new border feature, there is the ability to change the "canvas" size. One can automatically then apply the new border feature to a totally different portion of the image as if you had cropped the image before loading.

By using the "Canvas Size" you can absolutely select any portion of your image as the entire image and surround it with the border. This is useful for a variety of reasons because it allows real-time cropping and a border to fit as well.

If the border were applied universally, then it would require that the program look at each individual image which may or may not have been "cropped" via the "Canvas Size" feature in order to make a proper fit. Perhaps in a later version it might be possible to have an "either/or" type selection.

It is easier to universally apply a border created as a PNG in Photoshop, etc., until you consider that everyone may not be displaying "all" their images with a similar size or aspect ratio depending on individual preferences. The way it is now is much more "versatile" even if problematic from a convenience perspective.

Best regards,

Lin

Question regarding borders ...

snip

If not, it sure would be great to have the ability to add borders to all or a selection of slides. Otherwise, for a full slideshow it is much easier to edit the pictures in another program and do batch processing.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Version 6 beta 15

Run "Slideshow option" in the Common tab of the O&A window is not passing on "Command line parameters".

In the example slide below - SlideShow runs on Screen 1, not Screen 2.

Passing the Command line parameters from a Batch File, the show appears on Screen 2. as expected.

Preview button also displays on Screen 2 if the option is selected, proving the 2 Screen setup.

post-6549-125369520476_thumb.png

Daniel,

Sorry, I'll try to fix it too in Beta 17.

Thanks Igor for your reply.

just for information, in addition to my previous post, the same problem happens if

1)I made a project

2)I saved my project

3)I try to open a new project

and then a window pops-up requiring to save the project again even if no modification was made in between 2) and 3)

Best regards

Daniel.

Daniel,

2)I saved my project

3)I created an EXE file

I checked up for this problem. And it's normal behaviour, because at 3th point you first time created EXE file and probably choosed unique name different from project name. For this reason the program ask you save the project again. Next time it will not ask you anymore until you use Create As to give another EXE file name.

just for information, in addition to my previous post, the same problem happens if

1)I made a project

2)I saved my project

3)I try to open a new project

and then a window pops-up requiring to save the project again even if no modification was made in between 2) and 3)

I just tried and couldn't reproduce described problem. Probably you have missed a point with creating EXE file like in previous problem?

I checked up for this problem. And it's normal behaviour, because at 3th point you first time created EXE file and probably choosed unique name different from project name. For this reason the program ask you save the project again. Next time it will not ask you anymore until you use Create As to give another EXE file name.

Igor, I can reproduce the problem reported by Daniel with beta 16.

The name of the EXE is the same as the project (=Project1).

I just tried and couldn't reproduce described problem. Probably you have missed a point with creating EXE file like in previous problem?

I can not reproduce the problem either with beta 16.

There might be a bug in the text rendering. The attached images show the presentation of the letter "x" in Times New Roman, one version produced with v5.6, the other one with v6.0_beta16.

I confirm that the rendering is not exacly the same with v6b16 and v5.6.4.

But may be the rendering is now exact in v6b16 and was incorrect in v5.6.4 ?

I will make a test in photoshop and compare the result.

I noticed something a little bit annoying since v5.00 about the Center parameter.

If you move the center with your mouse (with SHIFT key pressed), you move the center on screen and you can put it where you want.

But if you type values for the center in the "animation" tab, the center stays where it is on the screen and that's the object which is panned (to keep the center where it is on screen).

The way it works with the mouse seems logical to me.

Igor, is it possible to make it work the same way if you type values ?

Xaver,

In version 6.0 we're completely rewrote text rendering for several reasons - vectorization to use unique fonts, more clear view, same view of text under PC and Mac. I know the result a bit different, but it was impossible to keep exactly same view.

Dominique,

Daniel,

Igor, I can reproduce the problem reported by Daniel with beta 16.

The name of the EXE is the same as the project (=Project1).

The name is same, but full file path (folder) could be modified. For this reason PicturesToExe asks to save a project.