WnSoft Forums

Urgent Help Needed/Desparate/Am I Nuts???

birdsasart

I have created a slide show and saved the slides in a file named LENSESSILDES

When I try to create the .exe file and name it LENSESTORUN, it creates an executable file. The huge problem is that the show that it saves is the PREVIOUS VERSION of the show that I saved a few days ago. I have tried 50 times. I am saving to the right directory after deleting the previous version. I have tried renaming it, saving it to a different location, ect. To no avail.

The same thing was happening with V5.6 so I upgraded to 6.0 and was amazed to see that it did the same thing. I have re-booted.

Also, when I hit Preview it shows the old show not the slides in the order that I have saved them and the order that I see when I hit F4 to toggle back and forth...

Am I nuts???? II do not think so.

Please help as I need to create three big slide shows in the next day or so.

Also, I am running windows 64-bit Vista BUT, I created a new program last week just as I always do and did and it worked....

birdsasart.

If you could ... please verify you actually have PicturesToExe Deluxe 6.0 displayed in the top left title bar when PTE program opens.

You can also verify which program version the actual project file was saved by opening the .pte project file in notepad/text editor and read the line data :

CreationTool=PicturesToExe Deluxe 6.00

Please note :

If you just rename the .pte filename without the assistance/use of PTE ... the actual Project Name will not change.

For the .pte project file to reflect the new Project Name ... use Save As with your new name. The newly saved .pte project file will then reflect the new Project Name.

Read the internal line data value :

projectname=

Also:

Test opening your prefered .pte project file by using File|Open from the program menu bar. Some new users get confused initially when the PTE program setting uses Load Last Used Project by default. See View|Advanced Settings in menu bar

I have created a slide show and saved the slides in a file named LENSESSILDES

When I try to create the .exe file and name it LENSESTORUN, it creates an executable file. The huge problem is that the show that it saves is the PREVIOUS VERSION of the show that I saved a few days ago. I have tried 50 times. I am saving to the right directory after deleting the previous version. I have tried renaming it, saving it to a different location, ect. To no avail.

The same thing was happening with V5.6 so I upgraded to 6.0 and was amazed to see that it did the same thing. I have re-booted.

Also, when I hit Preview it shows the old show not the slides in the order that I have saved them and the order that I see when I hit F4 to toggle back and forth...

Am I nuts???? II do not think so.

Please help as I need to create three big slide shows in the next day or so.

Also, I am running windows 64-bit Vista BUT, I created a new program last week just as I always do and did and it worked....

A simple question (too simple perhaps) when you made the changes to the show did you save the project again ?

I am not sure how you could not save it again, unless you never closed the window. Does the .pte file have a new date on it ?

BTW are you the "real" birdsasart ? (Not saying that you are not real, just that "birdsasart" is used by rather well internationally known photographer/instructor.

Hi,

You might have problems with an older copy of the project in the %TEMP% folder that is not currently writeable (that PTE is not able to update) for some reason.

I would start with a completely new project name so there are no cached project files and start over again.

This is my best guess, but easy enough to try.

Tom

Thanks a ton for your help Tom. I was so desperate that I tried your approach and it worked. It took some extra work but I have since finished that show. I have a new problem and will post that as a new topic.

birdsasart.

If you could ... please verify you actually have PicturesToExe Deluxe 6.0 displayed in the top left title bar when PTE program opens.

You can also verify which program version the actual project file was saved by opening the .pte project file in notepad/text editor and read the line data :

CreationTool=PicturesToExe Deluxe 6.00

Please note :

If you just rename the .pte filename without the assistance/use of PTE ... the actual Project Name will not change.

For the .pte project file to reflect the new Project Name ... use Save As with your new name. The newly saved .pte project file will then reflect the new Project Name.

Read the internal line data value :

projectname=

Also:

Test opening your prefered .pte project file by using File|Open from the program menu bar. Some new users get confused initially when the PTE program setting uses Load Last Used Project by default. See View|Advanced Settings in menu bar

Thanks a ton for your detailed help. I am running 6.0 Deluxe. As I am a computer dummy I am not sure that I could have followed your instructions but do appreciate your reply. I have a new problem that you might be able to help with and will start a new thread with that one.

A simple question (too simple perhaps) when you made the changes to the show did you save the project again ?

I am not sure how you could not save it again, unless you never closed the window. Does the .pte file have a new date on it ?

BTW are you the "real" birdsasart ? (Not saying that you are not real, just that "birdsasart" is used by rather well internationally known photographer/instructor.

Hey JRR, I saved the project. I created a new .exe file. I did all of the same things that I have always done. And remember, when I hit preview the OLD SHOW ran not the show that I had arranged on the lightbox. IAC, I started from scratch and was able to create the program and another.

Yeah, I am Arthur Morris/BIRDS AS ART. Will anybody be in Dayton this weekend for my two shows <smile>