WnSoft Forums

Licence query

ksf

Hi everyone,

Just a quick question regarding license keys (with apologies if this has already been discussed elsewhere... and I've missed the thread).

Do I need to buy a new license key to use the latest release (v6)?

Keith, as Peter wrote in his FAQ, "your base PTE registration key is "for life" but your VideoBuilder key is "for two years only"".

Please read his ful article for more details : http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10579

It means you do not need a new licence key for version 6.

In PTE, click on "Help" > "About PicturesToExe..." to see what licence you do have.

Keith, as Peter wrote in his FAQ, "your base PTE registration key is "for life" but your VideoBuilder key is "for two years only"".

Please read his ful article for more details : http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10579

It means you do not need a new licence key for version 6.

In PTE, click on "Help" > "About PicturesToExe..." to see what licence you do have.

HI

When I open PTEXE and click on the help there is no mention of Video Builder only the license for PictureToExe 6 delux so I presume I need to dowload Video Builder. On the download site I can only find Pix Builder apart from PTExe software download so could you tell me please whwere to download Video Builder from

Jean

HI

When I open PTEXE and click on the help there is no mention of Video Builder only the license for PictureToExe 6 delux so I presume I need to dowload Video Builder. On the download site I can only find Pix Builder apart from PTExe software download so could you tell me please whwere to download Video Builder from

Jean

Jean!

http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/order.htm

then go down to

"If you have bought Standard edition you can upgrade to Deluxe edition for $34. Click here"

/Lennart

Jean,

Video-Builder is not a separate download. It is included within PTE when you download and install that. However, it requires a separate Registry Key to unlock its full potential. To find out your exact status with Video-Builder, open any existing project in PTE and then do a Create...DVD-Video Disc. This will launch Video-Builder and you can then do a Help...About within the Video-Builder window to find out what status your copy of Video-Builder is at.

regards,

Peter

This thread has reminded me of another query re the PTE licence. I have the original "reg.txt" file obtained with the purchase of my first version (I think about version 4) and a recent "reg.txt" which I received when recently renewing my "videobuilder" licence.

For a complete re-installation, do you need both files, or does the "videobuilder" licence register both the basic version AND the deluxe extension? If you need both files, it might be better in future to give them different names.

Regards

Jean,

Video-Builder is not a separate download. It is included within PTE when you download and install that. However, it requires a separate Registry Key to unlock its full potential. To find out your exact status with Video-Builder, open any existing project in PTE and then do a Create...DVD-Video Disc. This will launch Video-Builder and you can then do a Help...About within the Video-Builder window to find out what status your copy of Video-Builder is at.

regards,

Peter

Hi Peter, actually, all you have to do in PTE v6, is open PTE, click on help, and then about PTE, and this will tell you the status of PTE (whether Deluxe or not).

Best regards, Gayland

Hi Peter, actually, all you have to do in PTE v6, is open PTE, click on help, and then about PTE, and this will tell you the status of PTE (whether Deluxe or not).

Best regards, Gayland

Gayland,

Quite right, but it doesn't tell you anything about the Video-Builder component. Until recently I had only the base PTE licence but Help...About from the PTE main window always said I had the Deluxe version. I think every PTE download, downloads the Deluxe version. The status of the Video-Builder component is then dependent upon whether or not the user has purchased the Deluxe product or just the base product.

regards,

Peter

Gayland,

I owe you an apology! In PTE v6, doing Help...About does, indeed, show the status of both the standard features licence and the Deluxe features (Video-Builder) licence. I'm sorry I doubted you. I'll have to do my homework more carefully in future.

regards,

Peter