WnSoft Forums

AUDACITY FOR DUMMIES

Guest Yachtsman1

Eric

I noticed in another thread you are moving to Win7 64bit OS. Audacity v1.2.x is not recommended for this OS, however v1.3.11(Beta) is. It has run without fault for me on that OS for 8 weeks now. So far so good.

General

For many years I used an audio editor called "CoolEdit" and found it excellent for all my audio needs, one off very reasonable price, great forum, good support much like PTE. It was then purchased by Adobe and became Audition and became very expensive with not a lot of improvements. So I continued to use CoolEdit until I moved to Win7 this year. CoolEdit was difficult to install, (not impossible), on Win7 so I looked around for something else. Goldwave did look very good but lost out because it only handled one track at a time.

For now Audacity looks like the best choice until the next version of PTE is released with the expected audio adjustments then a review of my decision may be needed.

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi John

Yes I know 1.2 isn't suitable for W7, I've used 1.3 a couple of times, but it's like anything else when you get older, change gets more & more difficult to adapt to. I now have a copy of 1.3.11 on my separate HD & will start any new projects using it. When the new W7 PC arrives I will do a full install.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1