WnSoft Forums

Any way for P2E show to defeat system screensaver?

Icypeak

A number of my shows run in around 25 - 30 minutes. While the show runs, if the person's computer is set to have the screensaver come on in, say, 15 minutes of inactivity, it will come on while the show is running. I've had some customers that couldn't figure out what was happening, or why the show 'ended'. Is there a way for P2E to override the system screensaver? I'm surprised that the OS doesn't recognise the show as a running program. This would be a good addition to future versions.

-David

Good point. Not that this is a solution, but perhaps a workaround... make the PTE show AS a screensaver (.scr). Screensaver files will run just like an .exe and offer a bit more flexibility for your user.

What I'd like to see (Xatshow has it) is an optional menu that will come up when your show is first run that allows the user to click a button to "Install this show as your default screensaver." Many of my users are computer rookies and couldn't install a screensaver themselves if their life depended on it. Why not make it easy for them?

As new versions of PTE are developed, it would be nice to see the best ideas from other programs incorporated, especially ones with such practical useage as this.

Agreed. I've been requesting an install function for the screensaver for 2 years.

Most of my shows have clickable buttons, etc. that would prevent them from working as a screensaver. Hopefully, an override for the system screensaver will be incorporated into a future version of P2E.

-David