WnSoft Forums

What did I say?

starfish

Here is a Babel Fish translation of an email from France I got:

Dear friend,

We are in the train of preparer the Festival of Diaporama DIGITAL, demonstration photographic "noncommercial" which counts the patronage of the International Federation of Photographique(FIAP) Arts. We would like to show to the Jury your slide show "Fractal Avi & GIF-SAMPLER". We will esperons to take into account your participation. In waiting of your answer. Photographic friendships.

-----------------------------

The original email said:

Cher ami,

Nous sommes en train de preparer le Festival de Diaporama Digital, manifestation photographique "non commerciale" qui compte le patronage de la Federation Internationale d'Arts Photographique(FIAP).

Nous aimerions montrer au Jury votre slide show "Fractal Avi & gif-sampler". Nous esperons compter avec votre participation. Dans l'attente de votre réponse.

Amities photographiques

And I answered (courtesy of Babel Fish):

Oui. Vous pouvez montrer ma projection de diapositives. Veuillez me donner le crédit pour lui quand il est montré.

-------------------------------------------

I have no idea what I told him. And I have no idea how ungrammatical it may be. Can somebody give me a translation?

And in case I promised him my first born child, does this qualify as a binding contract? :-)

Sharon

Don't worry, Sharon, your reply is not dangerous... On the contrary, it is (almost) correct and clear, besides the word "crédit" ("Veuillez me donner le crédit..."). I hope they don't understand you demand some money (crédit) from them... :)

In his original message, the French sender only asks you for the permission to show your presentation in their Festival, and expresses his hope you can be present.

Thanks again, BabelFish! :wacko::D

Why not ask Michel for a translation? His English is good, and his French is even better.

And Barry, Black Country deserves it being seen by people with knowledge of the making. After several downloads, it is still my favorite, far ahead of all the other ones. (not to offend the rest :P )

Marianne

Traduction Babel Fish

Sharon,(Babel Fish translation) ;)

ai received your cordial answer and we will show your Slide show with the public of Hayange (France) and with the jury of the Festival. We wish you at the time and already much of success. I thank also bbdigital , which in spite of its difficulties to include/understand the direction of our mail had the kindness to answer us very quickly. The festival of Hayange/Nilvange will present around fifty slide shows, on a screen of basic 4,5m. The evening of Official reception will join together the best slide shows in a room being able to accomodate 250 people.

Sharon, (original)

J’ai bien reçu votre cordiale réponse et nous montrerons votre Slide show au public de Hayange ( France) et au jury du Festival. Nous vous souhaitons lors et déjà beaucoup de réussite. Je remercie aussi bbdigital , qui malgré ses difficultés pour comprendre le sens de notre courrier a eu la gentillesse de nous répondre très rapidement .

Le festival de Hayange/Nilvange présentera une cinquantaine de réalisations, sur un écran de 4,5m de base. La soirée de Gala réunira les meilleures réalisations dans une salle pouvant accueillir 250 personnes. <_<

Bonne soirée