WnSoft Forums

Current progress for the next version

Igor

Excuse me for long absence on the forum.

We're working on the next version. Probably its version name will be 6.5.

Here are some part of new features and changes:

- The key feature is an advanced audio manipulations with tracks. Fade in/out, cross-fading, simple virtual editing.

- "Insert Blanc Slide" feature.

- "Go to slide" will support slide names in addition to slide numbers.

- Some improvements for 3D objects, including ability to visually adjust 3D axis in the editor by mouse.

Inserting of video clips also in progress already a half of year, but will not be available in the next version yet. We need more time to implement it. A great challenge for PicturesToExe.

Also we're working on porting of PicturesToExe to Mac. That's all I can say now.

Excellent news! As two of the features mentioned, audio-track editing and (later) video clip implementation, are things I've been asking for, I may actually break my long-standing practice of steering clear of beta releases and start trying any beta releases with either feature and chipping in whatever suggestions or problem alerts that I am able on those features. (Most of the more recent enhancements have been things of marginal or no interest to me, certainly not in beta form, but these two are different.)

I am looking forward to this very much.

FANTASTIC

REALLY EXCITED ABOUT AUDIO FEATURES - Love Auacity which I'm sure will always be required but if I understand your plans correctly then life will be much simpler at the synchronization stage!

Good Luck

John

Good things come to those that wait!!

biggrin.gifWonderful news regarding the audio adjustments area Igor. Looking forward to the beta, and a big thank-you. biggrin.gif

Now to be patient a little longer.

... Sounds fantastic! Many will be "very" happy about the improvements for sound ...

Hi Lin,

and what about you? Won't you be happy, as well? I'm about to postpone my present production in order to use the new feature. I am looking forward to the new version, and I hope that I'll be happy with it.

Best regards,

Xaver

Xaver,

Speaking purely for myself, I have always had reservations about what is proposed by Igor regarding sound editing.

We all know that multiple tracks CAN (but not always do) cause problems.

The proposal encourages multiple tracks, UNLESS it is Igor's intention to mix the multiple tracks into one for the EXE?

DG

Dave,

I think the problems with multiple tracks can be attributed to the different ways in which they can be added:

via Project Options

via Customize Slide

via Add Sound

plus the fact that there are switch settings on various control panels that influence when they start and stop - and some of these settings have effects which are, at times, capable of causing confusion.

All we can do is wait and see how WnSoft implements sound management in the next version.

regards,

Peter

Guest Yachtsman1

Now the for “more sound manipulation in PTE” has spoken, I have a couple of questions for Wnsoft.

1. Will the new sound feature be included in the basic price package?

2. Will it be available to existing licence holders?

3. Will the feature need more system resource?

4. Will the current standard work-space be changed, or will the new feature be activated separately.

Yachtsman1 :unsure:

The most important for sound is That PTE use always original sound files to mixe and save inside PTE file only the datas it need to mixe these sound files, it's important to never have the possibility to convert several time a sound file which would make distorsion.

Thank you Igor for adding the sound functions to PTE for us.

It will be a big improvement for me as I have spent many hours on my current project going back and forth between PTE and Audacity trying to get very small but important timing changes to the sound file positions with no real success. So much so I was thinking of going to another AV program to do this. I will keep that project on hold until v6.5 now and stick with PTE.

I am very glad you did not listen to a noisy minority and are going to add this to PTE for all of us.

THANK YOU.

Joanne

The proposal encourages multiple tracks, UNLESS it is Igor's intention to mix the multiple tracks into one for the EXE?

Dave

I had taken it for granted, (a dangerous thing to do I know), that the multiple tracks would be saved intact in the .pte project file but as part of the .exe creation process would be mixed down to one audio file to keep the exe file size down. Seems to be the logical way to go to me.

Hello Igor,

What do you mean by "Insert Blanc Slide" feature ?

What is a "Blanc Slide" ?

("Blanc" is a French word to say "white").

Peter,

That's wonderful news! Do you have any idea when we might see the first beta code for the new release?
In two months, I think.

Dave,

You will able mix many music files.

Eric,

Now the for “more sound manipulation in PTE” has spoken, I have a couple of questions for Wnsoft.

1. Will the new sound feature be included in the basic price package?

2. Will it be available to existing licence holders?

3. Will the feature need more system resource?

4. Will the current standard work-space be changed, or will the new feature be

1. Yes.

2. Yes.

3. Very reasonable question! Fortunately even decoding of several MP3 music files takes much less than 1% of CPU time, so it's not a problem to play several mixed MP3 files in realtime. The only question in size of EXE file which will include several MP3 files.

4. The work still in progress. But as I see there shouldn't be changes for current workflow. New features available under new buttons and in a new special mode of the timeline.

Jean-Pierre,

The most important for sound is That PTE use always original sound files to mixe and save inside PTE file only the datas it need to mixe these sound files, it's important to never have the possibility to convert several time a sound file which would make distorsion.
We'll mix music files in realtime without re-encoding. Probably we will add "Export tracks to MP3" option to mix all tracks into one audio file. You will able choose both ways.

Etienne,

What do you mean by "Insert Blanc Slide" feature ?

What is a "Blanc Slide" ?

("Blanc" is a French word to say "white").

Sorry for this misprint! You're right. of course.

Igor, you are risking that I travel to your home for shaking your hands! :lol:

Igor, with:

"We'll mix music files in realtime without re-encoding. Probably we will add "Export tracks to MP3" option to mix all tracks into one audio file. You will able choose both ways."

you mean that I can choose to automatically export multiple tracks to a single pre-mixed audio track in the final exe? What would be gorgeous!

Hi Xaver,

E Pluribus Unum :)

Lin

Hi Lin,

and what about you? Won't you be happy, as well? I'm about to postpone my present production in order to use the new feature. I am looking forward to the new version, and I hope that I'll be happy with it.

Best regards,

Xaver

Hello Igor and your team.

I think all the repsonses of your announcement speak for themselves for your proposals on the next version.

They are massive leaps forward and I believe we should all wait patiently to see just how these will present and work in the forthcoming beta versions.

I for one will welcome the sound implementation as I feel this will truly help keep the software at the leading edge of today's market.

Yours eagerly awaiting

Anthony

Hi Eric,

LOL - That was a "major" clue.

I was the first to congratulate Igor on the new announced features:

Hi Igor,

Sounds fantastic! Many will be "very" happy about the improvements for sound!!

Best regards,

Lin

My response to Xaver's question was;

E Pluribus Unum :)

Logic lesson:

Sounds fantastic! Many with be "very" happy with the improvements for sound!! - Translation: of latin: of many, one.

Therefore I am one of many who will be "very" happy about the improvements for sound. I'm very happy about "any" improvements in what is already a fantastic program.

Best regards,

Lin

Come on Lin, give us a clue.

Regards Eric B)