WnSoft Forums

windows 7 64 bit

Igor

Pierre,

Thanks for your help!

First problem with freezing

1) Could you please try another test with version 6.0.4. Set again checked "Show real slides in Slide list", and disable "Show real slide in Mini Player".

2) When these both options are turned on and you have this problem, does it happens with you just open a recent projects? Or freezing happens only on adding of a new slides?

Issue with Open dialog

1) Do you always have this problem?

2) What exactly happens when you call "Open project"? You see nothing and can continue work with the program, or the main window doesn't responds on mouse clicks?

3) Do you work with one display or multi-display configuration?

Hello Igor ...

I was interested to try PTE 6.0.4 (special edition) in relation to my previously reported problem.

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11578&st=40&p=74125&fromsearch=1entry74125

Here is what I found.

Previously I had both "Show real slides in Slide list" and "Show real slides in Mini-player" ticked. I disabled "Show real slides in Slide list", and got the same strange behaviour as before. I have a movie picture of the screen behaviour, which you could access at:

home.pacific.net.au/~kentravers/PTE-Win7/P1030964.MOV

(apologies for the file size - 143 MB, still uploading as I write this)

Here is an additional observation from a few days ago. Once when I encountered "the problem", I decided to let the thing run for as long as I could. After a long time (perhaps 20 minutes?) I got a Windows message to the effect that my system appeared to be performing very poorly, due to shortage of resources - would I like Windows to disable the aero interface?". I replied Yes, and the program then continued without a problem.

I hope this is useful information for you. Please let me know if I can tell you more.

Dell Studio XPS 8000

Core i5 750

4 GB RAM

ATI Radeon HD 4300/4500 Series

Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

Regards and Best Wishes

Ken Travers

(professional programmer since 1962)

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

igor,

Excuse-me but I have an other problem, I had it also before but it disappears last week when I have tried the diferent tests. Why, I don't know.

The problem appears even when you open a new projet or a recent projet

The problem: the Play/Pause and Stop butons are greyed out and inoperative in the Preview window.

I have tried different possibilities but I doesn't find why this reappears again.

I thought that Windows 7 was a more stable version.

Pierre

Hello Dave,

Have you tried to add slides in a new project or in a recent prpoject. I have no problems when add slides in a new project with the mini player on, but the system freeze when add slides in a recent project with mini player on.

Pierre

Igor,

Excuse me a little problem with my precedent mail.

You can add more slides, but after adding a slide Pte freeze about 10sec. before you can add another slide. Sometime freeze completely, Pte scrren becomes whitish, and you must wait a few minutes until Pte works again normally.

With "Show real slide in Mini Player" disabled no problems.

Regards

Pierre

Hello Gentlemen,

If it's of any help, I have similar issues to Pierre but first spotted a problem when PTE6 froze when trying to drag 'n drop slides in full-screen slide list view. De-selecting the "real slide in mini player" option does fix the problem for me. My system is:

Motherboard: ASUS P5K Premium WiFi-AP

Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.4GHz

RAM: Crucial 4GB Kit (2x2GB) DDR2 667MHz/PC2-5300

Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 4350

John

Thanks for this information!

Please let me know what screen resolution you're using?

Hello Igor,

It's a Dell 2408WFP monitor running at 1920 x 1200. Sorry, in my last post I also should have said it's Win 7 x64.

Regards,

John

Hello Igor,

It's a Dell 2408WFP monitor running at 1920 x 1200. Sorry, in my last post I also should have said it's Win 7 x64.

Regards,

John

I've now tried changing to 1280 x 800 and enabling the "real slide in mini player", and the problem seems to have gone away. When I return to 1920 x 1200 it comes back.

Regards,

John

Guest Yachtsman1

I've now tried changing to 1280 x 800 and enabling the "real slide in mini player", and the problem seems to have gone away. When I return to 1920 x 1200 it comes back.

Regards,

John

Hi John

What size have you set your slides in "project options" "screen"? What is the size of your slide?

Yahtsman1

Hi Yachtsman, sorry for the delayed reply. I've looked in "Project Options" -> "Screen" and the slide aspect ratio is set to 4:3 with a virtual slide size of 604 x 453. The images I've been using are either cropped to 1024 x 768 or, more recently, 1920 x 1080 (16:9). The freezing problem seems to be the same irrespective of image size. Do you think I should change these settings to see if it makes a difference? I've just left them at the default settings but maybe I should've been more careful..

Regards,

John

Hi John

What size have you set your slides in "project options" "screen"? What is the size of your slide?

Yahtsman1

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi John

Can't see anything there that leaps out at me, maybe someone else will reply. I would add however, I would set the slide size the same as my cropped image eg 1024x768 as 4-3 :ph34r: .

Regards Yachtsman1

Hi Yachtsman, I've now set the PTE virtual slide dimensions to align with the pixel size of my slideshow images and, whilst it hasn't affected the freezing issue, it has enabled PTE to use much more of my display, making it generally easier to work with. Great result - many thanks for the tip!

Regards, John

Hi John

Can't see anything there that leaps out at me, maybe someone else will reply. I would add however, I would set the slide size the same as my cropped image eg 1024x768 as 4-3 :ph34r: .

Regards Yachtsman1

I was working this afternoon to finish a projet, about 170 slides. I have moved at the end 2 or 3 slides, and this time PTE frooze completely at every move.

Sometimes also other programs running.

I had the follow symptoms: main menu in PTE desappeared or the file menu was empty in PTE or PTE desappeared and came again in the windows taskbar.

I hope this can help.

I am afraid to see the instability of windows7.

Best regards

Pierre