WnSoft Forums

La Mer

All,

Have uploaded an av ‘La Mer’ to mediafire. PC version http://www.mediafire.com/?nhntmmdzryk

La Mer (The Sea) is the title of a song by Charles Trenet and as it happens, he sings it here.

It might sound familiar, as it has been recorded many times. The most famous take, would be the recording by Bobby Darin ‘Beyond the Sea’ (different lyrics).

What's it about?...The Sea of course.

Warning contains downloaded/adjusted images of Sea, sand, sun and birds with no clothes on.

If that upsets you, don’t download.

Davy

Davy

Just a quick comment while I wait for your AV to download, (have a slow connection here in the back blocks).

La Mer is the title of one of my all-time favourite pieces of orchestral composition by the French impressionist composer Claude Debussy. In fact in the old days of multi projector slide/tape AVs I made a show on the Tasmanian Wilderness to this music.

Read about the music here--

http://blogs.princet...sys_la_mer.html

When I saw the title of your show I was excited but then found the music you have used with the same title was unfamiliar to me so I am looking forward to your AV very much.

Davy

Have now viewed your pleasant AV and agree with the version of La Mer you used. It was more suited to the images and presentation style than the piece by Debussy. I had heard the song before but was unfamiliar with it's title, love it when I learn something.

As you haven't put your name on the AV as the photographer I agree with Ken it is of no matter who's images they are. However I think it would be useful to state where the images came from in general and that you did the production. IMHO.

Keep them coming.

Thanks Ken, John, Colin and Andrew for your comments.

Yes I know it’s not a proper AV. Not my images, I’m not out at 5.30am capturing a sunrise,

or precariously perched on a cliff battling against the elements.

If I had to rely on my photos and ability there would be one very mediocre show every 5 years.

At least this way I get 1 mediocre show every month or so.

For downloaded image AVs my source would be Google Images and though for various reasons

It would not be possible to thank people individually, I am grateful for this resource and their work.

I am just compiling their images to music as a theme or story.

John, I had a look at the link you sent and had a listen (Youtube) to the Debussy piece.

It was pretty cool.I'm going to listen to some more of this.

Probably would have taken a month to make an AV to go with it.

I thought it would be something simple like ‘Clair De Lune’.

Thanks again folks.

Davy

Hi Davy,

I know what you mean. I have just uploaded a show which I am not 100% happy with. Some of its timings could be just a bit tighter but making microsecond adjustments becomes too tedious and reduces the amount of fun I get from this activity. Anyway, I feel that the viewer is probably and hopefully unaware of the tweaking that could be done, and just enjoys the end product (as in the case of your 'La Mer').

David