• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Peter,

Yes, 1st file and 8th file.

C:\ProgramData\PicturesToExe\Versions\6.5 Beta 13\apr.ini

and

C:\ProgramData\PicturesToExe\Versions\6.5 Beta 15\apr.ini

John,

Click by left mouse button to "Duration" label in a floating window of audio clip properties. It's interesting why Duration longer than real audio file. Do you mean this problem?

Igor,

I have followed your instructions and Uninstalled/re-installed beta 15. Just for your information, my install technique is to simply open the zip file after it has downloaded and then run the install program. I do NOT extract the zip file contents before running the install. I don't know whether that might be significant or not.

The two apr.ini files are attached in the zip file.

regards,

Peter

PTE-APR-Files.zip

Igor,

I'm still not convinced that PTE is picking up settings from previous version correctly. I've just installed beta 15....

regards,

Peter

==================

Peter, Igor...

I concur that it is still not picking up previous settings, in Beta15. I did several searches for the 'apr*.ini' and I don't have any such file. Is this a problem???

Gary

Igor,

What I have done is to, at the Duration box in the Audio clip Properties dialogue box, click on the up arrow adding a second of time for every click. My point is that that adds the appropriate number of seconds of silence to the end of the clip in the Timeline waveform but not to the Envelope Tool waveform.

John

Gary,

When you ran the search for apr.ini did you turn on the checking for system and hidden files and folders. Almost all .ini files are system files and are usually given hidden attributes and often also placed in folders that have been given hidden attributes too. You will have at least one apr.ini, trust me - and Igor!

regards,

Peter

Gary,

When you ran the search for apr.ini did you turn on the checking for system and hidden files and folders. Almost all .ini files are system files and are usually given hidden attributes and often also placed in folders that have been given hidden attributes too. You will have at least one apr.ini, trust me - and Igor!

regards,

Peter

=============

Peter... Under Folder Options/View, I have 'Show Hidden Files' checked and I have unchecked all "Hide..." options. So all should be found, right? I am using Windows7 and it does not give me any further options in the Search options, so I think if I had an apr*.ini, it would have found it. Have I missed anything...? I remember I used to see an apr.ini file.

Gary

Gary,

=============

Peter... Under Folder Options/View, I have 'Show Hidden Files' checked and I have unchecked all "Hide..." options. So all should be found, right? I am using Windows7 and it does not give me any further options in the Search options, so I think if I had an apr*.ini, it would have found it. Have I missed anything...? I remember I used to see an apr.ini file.

Gary

Make sure you are searching for apr.ini ... and not the apr*ini as noted in your post.

Greetings,

I don't know if this 'problem' is a Beta15 bug or I am still confusing apples and oranges.

Here goes:

Today, I have been doing a lot of testing/trying difference options to create MP4s. I was always under the impression, from what I've seen in this Forum, that when you choose Screen/Fixed Size of Slide, you are making it so that when you happen to play your MP4 on a larger monitor/TV, the slideshow will not 'expand' beyond the Aspect Ratio you had set.

In one of my experiments, I created 2 MP4 slideshows at a 4:3 Aspect Ratio, but one had Fixed Size checked, and one was unchecked. The slideshow that had the Fixed Size checked, was shown on my 40" LED (1920x1080, 16x9) retaining the 4:3 ratio.

However, when I played the 4:3 MP4 slideshow that had the Fixed Size unchecked, I expected the show to just expand to just do a best-fit on the LED's screen but not go beyond it. What happened, though, was that the slideshow really expanded way beyond the LED's screen at all sides, losing lots of each image. Is this normal??? If this is normal, it seems that you would want the Fixed Size to always be checked? I always used the 16:9 Aspect Ratio before so I never noticed this 'problem'.

Gary

Gary,

Make sure you are searching for apr.ini ... and not the apr*ini as noted in your post.

==============

nobeefstu...

Actually, I think I used 'apr*.ini', with the '*' wildcard and the 'period'. I did both with apr.ini and apr*.ini because Peter had some text in his files after the 'apr'. Doesn't Windows still recognized the '*' wildcard???

I am old enough to have been a fan of DOS! :rolleyes:

Gary

Gary,

==============

nobeefstu...

Actually, I think I used 'apr*.ini', with the '*' wildcard and the 'period'. I did both with apr.ini and apr*.ini because Peter had some text in his files after the 'apr'. Doesn't Windows still recognized the '*' wildcard???

I am old enough to have been a fan of DOS! :rolleyes:

Gary

I would expect Windows 7 still able to allow searches for wildcards ... I just dont know if they changed how to format the sting. So its best to try all possibilites.

Iam unable to test PTE for this issue cause currently my 6yr old Pentium 4 is becoming terminal and I dont want to loose any data. Im currently using my 11yr old Pentium 3 with Win98SE/IEv6 to write this post. Atlease I can get online to do research and purchase new parts to build another PC ... it will be a new generation Intel iCore processor and Intel board. The only problem is todays new parts are weeding out IDE and going all SATA ... so its taking me longer to research and shop for all the additional SATA parts I dont have, :)

PTE Beta 15

I have continually found it fiddly and annoying to place my cursor into the selections in the music > Customize options. I place the cursor and drag and nothing happens. I find myself having to do this a few times before it pickes up and highlights the value so I can change it.

I use a wacom Bamboo graphics tablet, but I just tried it with a USB mouse and it is still a bit tricky to highlight the value I want to cjange. Has anyone else who uses a tablet noticed the same.

Barry,

All I do is position the mouse pointer over the desired part of the field and click. This highlights those few digits ready for me to key my value with the keyboard. I don't do any dragging. Does this not work the same off the tablet?

regards,

Peter

Peter

With a graphics tablet you don't use a left mouse click, just touching down on the pad is the equivolent. I have managed to get the selection of the music controls a little better by making the tip feel of my pen very soft, but I have been using a Pen for 12 years or more and never had to do that before.

It just seemed to me that if there is a tolerance that Igor uses in these boxes, perhaps it could be relaxed a bit. If it's an automatic thing, I will have to live with it. Even now with the pressure set as low as I can get it, when I touch down on the music time values they often do not select. I have to make a concious tap harder than usual to get it to work right

As I have said, I have used a graphics tablet for many years and never had any difficulty in selecting any values in any boxes until now

1) Animation -

I would suggest to have a dedicated button for this tool in order to open directly the floating window with the "animation tab".

I think it is not obvious at all for the PTE user to find this tool behind a button called "Adjust Image and Border"

2) Sound compatibility with older PTE versions -

when opening a PTE 6.0 project within PTE 6.5 beta14 (and others), if comment sounds were included in this 6.0 project via the "Add sound" button we get an "error" message and the "Add sound" button becomes "error". I would suggest in order to keep the compatibility with older version than "by default" the sound properties are set ( Start time =0, Fade In=0, Fade out =0, Volume =100%) and all sounds placed on "track 1", is it possible? And the same should be applied to the background sound.

Best regards

Daniel

Gary,

regards,

Peter

====================

Peter...

You are right, again! This morning, I did another Search for the 'apr'. For some unknown reason, they finally showed up. Maybe, I had accidentally stopped the completion of the search process before it was finished. Windows7's Search feature is so 'quiet' that maybe I thought it was done. It doesn't seem to show something like an hourglass or something that is obvious that it is still working. Anyway, I found a whole bunch of them, from Beta15, back to Beta1. :blink:

Thanks... Gary

Gary,

Nice to know that they really do exist! On my Vista system there's a green background to the Search title area that progresses across the screen as the search runs. Perhaps W7 works in a similar manner.

regards,

Peter

I am using a graphics tablet Barry, and I am not finding the difficulties you are experiencing.

I am using the Wacom Intuos 4 series of tablets on the default settings, although like you I am using a soft nib.

Could it be the Bamboo series, we would need more users of tablets to weigh in on this.

Kieron

John,

What I have done is to, at the Duration box in the Audio clip Properties dialogue box, click on the up arrow adding a second of time for every click. My point is that that adds the appropriate number of seconds of silence to the end of the clip in the Timeline waveform but not to the Envelope Tool waveform.

Thanks, I've understood your question now. Yes, it's what that we did designedly. It's not a bug.

Peter,

Thank you for sending me configuration files!

I just checked up - both files are equal on 100%.

Nor Beta 13 nor Beta 14 load template by default.

LoadTemplate=0

DefTemplate=

Last opened project in both versions is "Snakestones-2v8":

opt_lastop=C:\Users\Peter\My Digital Studio\AV Sequences\Snakestones\Snakestones-2v8.pte

It's very strange.

Daniel,

2) Sound compatibility with older PTE versions -

when opening a PTE 6.0 project within PTE 6.5 beta14 (and others), if comment sounds were included in this 6.0 project via the "Add sound" button we get an "error" message and the "Add sound" button becomes "error". I would suggest in order to keep the compatibility with older version than "by default" the sound properties are set ( Start time =0, Fade In=0, Fade out =0, Volume =100%) and all sounds placed on "track 1", is it possible? And the same should be applied to the background sound.

Send me please only one .pte project file which initially saved in previous version 6.0

I'll check up.

Peter,

After importing of settings from a previous version in Beta 15 do you see that at least part of parameters was imported successfully? List of recently opened projects in the main menu, the default folder in the File list, etc.

You said that Beta 15 come with loaded project, this means that it imported at least *something*?

Could you please make same experiment with a Beta 14? Uninstall + new installation with importing of settings from Beta 13?

Igor,

The version of the apr.ini file in the folder "C:\ProgramData\PicturesToExe\Versions\6.5 Beta 13" has a last modified date of 23/07/2010 and has the contents that I previously sent you - old and out of date. There is a version of the apr.ini file in the folder C:\Users\Peter\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\ProgramData\PicturesToExe\Versions\6.5 Beta 13 which has a modified date of 02/08/2010 and reflects the current state of my recent use of PTE 6.5 beta 13.

I think you might have looked for and placed the PTE ini files in the wrong place on a Vista system.

regards,

Peter

Sound great and I would love to try it.

However, I have not yet received a key since I purchased the upgrade on July 26th.

Please help with this. I am in dire straits and on the brink of disaster.

Order ID: 3876LN7-8EU28 Billing Information

Alan Novakoff

1104 Blenheim Ave

Absecon, NJ, 08201

US

609 646 5992

fixit11@hotmail.com

PicturesToExe 1 @ $34.00 USD each

Create slideshows with terrific Pan/Zoom effects in EXE file or DVD-Video

You will receive additional information via email shortly.

You will receive a mail with registration from the vendor within 48 hours.

PRODUCT SUPPORT INFORMATION - WnSoft

If you require support with your product(s), WnSoft can help you with your questions. Please contact WnSoft at orders@whsoft.com.

DOWNLOAD INFORMATION - You have 14 days to download before the links expire

The product may be downloaded from: Click here

PLEASE NOTE: Please remember this charge will appear on your bill from "DRI*PicturesToExe". Tax Total: $0.00 USD

Manual Processing Surcharge: $0.00 USD

Order Total: $34.00 USD

Above pricing includes any shipping & handling.

To look up your order or to contact customer service, please go to http://www.regnow.com/help.html