WnSoft Forums

PicturesToExe Deluxe 6.5 Beta 15

Igor

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Igor,

When the startup window is used to start a slideshow, the music starts immediately. In version 6.0, you had to actually start the slideshow by hitting run before the music started.

Thanks, I just fixed it for next Beta 5.

PicturesToExe Deluxe 6.5 Beta 5 is available

Download link:

http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/picturestoexe-beta.zip (7 MB)

Changes in this beta:

+ Added Play/Pause buttons and rewinding to a floating window of selected audio clip.

* Fixed problem (Beta 1-4) with incorrect playback of some MP3 mono audio files in Mac executables under Mac OSX 10.6.x.

* Fixed bug (Beta 1-4) with "Play songs in random order" option (Project options | Music tab). An order of songs didn't change in every run of executable slideshow.

* Fixed bug with appearing of an error message during creating of a project template.

* Fixed bug (Beta 1-4) when background music started in a startup window of a slideshow.

Mac Users and following on from Igor's beta 4 release above

I have just remade my tutorial slide show "Exposure" using beta 4.

To do so I went back to my originally made mono soundtrack, so any Mac users who had any issues with the sound may like to test this one to ensure it now runs perfectly OK.

Hi Barry,

I did download your "Exposure" and it is really perfect on my iMac with Leopard 10.5.8!

The soundtrack indeed is mono but the quality of the sound is still very good.

Furthermore it's clear (again) how talented you are in choosing your compositions and exposures and in using the raw-converter!

Thank you for giving us some insight in your working with PtE and for this wonderful pictures.....

After installing Snow Leopard some of these days I'll let you know of the results with your 'Exposure'.

regards,

Henri.

I noticed a problem with v6.5 beta 3.

When I want to move an object, I select it and when I start to move the mouse, the object "jumps" and its position is suddenly and baldly moved on to the right.

It seems the problem only occurs with heavy objects, unless it's with heavy slides. :unsure:

I made the test with v6.04 and the problem doesn't occur.

Igor, Dmitry asked me 10 days ago to send you the project in order for you to reproduce the problem.

I realized today I never did it because I have it with beta 5.

Anyway, I just send it to Dmitry by PM with the link to the project.

Just for your information, inside this project, the problem occurs only for a big PNG file (1.13 MB) and not for all the keypoints of this object.

This is very strange because it seems the problem never occurs for keypoint #1 of this object.

I hope it helps.

Hello Barry, I just downloaded "Exposure" again from the Beckham Digital website and there is no sound. Do you have the updated one posted somewhere else. I am running a MacPro 2009 model with 6GB RAM and a quad 2.93 CPU. Up till "Exposure" I have looked at almost all of your incredible Mac Executables and have had zero problems. Thanks Bill

Bill

You went to the right place, but what I can do today is to remake it with beta 5. Could you give it a few hours and download it again, I will put a little note on it when done to indicate what beta it was made with.

NB. This is now done and you should see PTE6.5 Beta 5 on the Exposure Slide Show text on this page here

http://www.beckhamdigital.co.uk/freestuffdigslidesw4.htm

B

Hello Barry, I just downloaded and watched "Exposure" (PTE 6.5 beta 5) Perfect! Audio and Video! Barry, I likewise want to commend you on your photographic/editing skills. This presentation viewed on my new MacPro and the new Cinema 24" is astounding. Razor sharp, contrast just amazing. The message-you are so correct about how seldom one can get a "perfect exposure" and in need of post editing. Barry, here in my office is PTE 6 on a disk and can't use it since I switched over to Mac (I am not interested in putting Windows on my Macs). Sure hope we soon here from Igor that they are getting close to a Mac stand-alone version of PTE. Thanks again Barry for your effort to make this presentation possible for us-the Mac users. Bill

Probably you have noticied appearing of Play/Pause controls in the floating window of audio clip.

Nearest beta releases will have new significant improvements for audio editing and manipulations.

post-1-127498617895_thumb.png

NB. This is now done and you should see PTE6.5 Beta 5 on the Exposure Slide Show text on this page here

http://www.beckhamdigital.co.uk/freestuffdigslidesw4.htm

B

Hi Barry,

This morning I upgraded from OS Leopard to Snow Leopard and started your 'Exposure' file I downloaded yesterday and indeed, like Bill before, no sound! Then I downloaded the version from the link above and yes, there's your sweet voice! So everything seemed OK to me now...

Btw, aren't we off topic now? Maybe it's better to place this on the 'PtE and Mac' page too.

But I suppose that's for Ken to decide!

regards,

Henri.

PicturesToExe Deluxe 6.5 Beta 6 is available

Download link:

http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/picturestoexe-beta.zip (7 MB)

Changes in this beta:

+ Improvements in the main window of PicturesToExe: New/Open/Save buttons on the toolbar under the main menu. And a new button to change a drive for the file list below.

+ The program remembers a state of the waveform on the timeline (show/hide) after restarting.

+ New key shortcuts (F11/F12) to go to Next/Previous slide in the Objects and Animation editor and in the Slide properties window.

* Fixed bug (Beta 1-5) with waveform on the timeline if start a new project.

* Fixed bug (Beta 1-5) when call of "Run slideshow" command might cause crash of a slideshow with a specific text objects.

* Fixed bug (v6.0-v6.5 Beta 5) with a error message "Not executable file or file corrupted" which appears if call "Run slideshow" command and then terminate the show by Esc key.

* Fixed bug (v6.0-v6.5 Beta 5) with "Run application/slideshow on exit" commands which call a slideshow with a startup window. These commands launched two copies of a slideshow.

* Fixed bug (Beta 1-5) of loading of some old projects which contained audio files. PicturesToExe mistakenly loaded zero length for music files.

Igor,

I'm not sure that the new Timeline/Waveform feature is working quite as I expected. I can demonstrate the situation with the following sequence of events.

1. open PTE project A and set it to Slide List view

2. save project A and close PTE

3. open PTE project B (it opens in the Slide List View)

4. change to the Timeline view

5. the Waveform gets displayed automatically

6. save project B and close PTE

7. open project A again

8. it opens in the Timeline view and automatically shows the waveform

I wasn't expecting the Waveform to be shown automatically at step 5. I wasn't expecting the Timeline view at step 8.

I was expecting to have to ask for the Waveform at step 5. I was expecting the Slide List view at step 8.

regards,

Peter

Peter,

Like mode SlideList/Timeline, the option "Show/hide waveform" stores in the program settings. I thought both options associated with settings of PicturesToExe. Do you think this option should be stored in a project file?

Igor,

Thinking about how you have implemented it and how I was expecting it to work then: Yes, I think I was expecting it be saved as part of each project rather than saved as a kind of System Preference.

But what do other users feel about this?

regards,

Peter

... Do you think this option should be stored in a project file?

Would this mean that the program will ask me to save changes in case where I open a project and just change the view? Wouldn't that be confusing?

Keep it simple!!!

Regards,

Xaver

Igor,

Thinking about how you have implemented it and how I was expecting it to work then: Yes, I think I was expecting it be saved as part of each project rather than saved as a kind of System Preference.

But what do other users feel about this?

regards,

Peter

My opinion:

Working on a project, saving it, reopening it: The project must show with the last used settings.

Starting a new project: The program must start with "basic" settings, ex. among others "Horizontal View" or "Classic View".

Greetings,

Cor

Working on a project, saving it, reopening it: The project must show with the last used settings.

Yes , necesary ; I think too .

But the " default temple" when starting a new project , as in V6 , is very pleasant ...

Hi,

I am using Beta 6 on Window 7 64

I am trying to get to grips with the various options for adding sound, but more of that perhaps on another occasion.

My immediate concern is that I have found that under certain conditions the "file route indication" at the top of the preview window for “add sound” is removed, yet on playback the audio is still there.

Part of my experimenting is to establish what link there is if any between “Add Sound” above and adding sound under “Customize Slide”.

What I have discovered in relation to the problem I have encountered as described above is that if I open the music tab in Customise Sound and use the small back arrow to work through the slides over a slide that contains “Added Sound” the route indication is removed from that slide.

John