WnSoft Forums

PicturesToExe Deluxe 6.5 Beta 15

Igor

Hi,

I have found a related anomaly.

If you have a sound clip recorded in "Added Sound" and then make changes such as altering the slide timing, or effect the clip is removed as is the notification.

I think this is for you Igor!

Regards

John

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello,

These is some strange behavior with the "Set Defaults" button in "Project Options - Music" of PTE 6.5 Beta 6.

Pressing the "Set Defaults" button, removes every input, but after that the screen freezes completely (buttons are not working anymore). One has to leave the window and reopen it to continue.

In PTE v6 it is still possible to make an other choise with the button "Add music".

before post-539-127590085154_thumb.jpg

after post-539-127590088614_thumb.jpg

Greetings,

Cor

picture 1 : post-539-127573449404_thumb.jpg

- There is a mix up of the title on some buttons (see picture 2), or the title is not in the middle of the button anymore.

picture 2 : post-539-127573546621_thumb.jpg

Cor,

I don't know what's wrong, but when I click on your images to see them bigger, I got the following message :

[#10171] You do not have permission to view this attachment.

I do not have the problem with the images of your previous post... :huh:

Renewal post today 11:01 AM:

Hello Igor,

Just for your info.

I noticed some minor flaws in the layout of PTE 6.5 Beta 6, Dutch language setup and some languages other then English:

- Project Options, Music

(Dutch: Projectopties, Muziek/Geluid)

When you add a second track (or more then one track) with the corresponding music, close the window with OK, re-open the window again, there is some mix up of the layout (see picture 1)

All is well with only one track.

picture 1: post-539-127592130215_thumb.jpg

- There is a mix up of the title on some buttons (see picture 2), or the title is not in the middle of the button anymore.

picture 2: post-539-127592136926_thumb.jpg

Greetings,

Cor

Like mode SlideList/Timeline, the option "Show/hide waveform" stores in the program settings. I thought both options associated with settings of PicturesToExe. Do you think this option should be stored in a project file?

Would this mean that the program will ask me to save changes in case where I open a project and just change the view? Wouldn't that be confusing?

I agree with Xaver.

I guess this is not an option the users will set on/off for every project.

Isn't it a general setting of PTE they will set once and keep it because this is the way they prefer to work ?

And this is an option that doesn't have any influence on the ouput file.

We could ask the same question for "Show Grid", "Show Safe TV Zone", "Ignore Objects not selected", "Hide selection on PZR", "Language", "Advanced options", etc...

That's why, in my opinion, it should be kept as a software preference.

But if most of you prefer to save it in the project file, I won't fight against it. :lol:

Track2 is ignored in the mp4 video:

I installed 6.5 beta6 and built a slideshow with 2 music tracks.

Everything runs OK as long as you run PTE or exe file.

After creating one mp4 file, I discovered that only track1 was on the mp4 file!

No sound from track2!

music project options are as follow:

track1:

duration 3:48.086

Offset 0.02.00

track2:

Start time 0:02.000

Duration 1:15.086

Crossfading 0:02.000

Offset 3:48.000

Fadeout 0:09.000

mp4 built parameters

bitrate 128

Samplerate 44100

channels auto

I went back to audacity to mix the 2 tracks and got a good mp4

Jean

Hello Jean,

I only can have a good result, when I put the pieces of music on one track, then the mix of music will play fine.

See post-539-12759852884_thumb.jpg and post-539-127598531291_thumb.jpg

The mix with more then one track is still not working I think in PTE 6.5 Beta 6.

Greetings,

Cor

Hello Dave,

I have followed your example and the result is no music at all and no waveform.

See post-539-127599295555_thumb.jpg and post-539-12759929773_thumb.jpg

It is very strange, I tried also an other hierarchy to put the tracks, the music.

I tried with an existing project, a new project, reset the defaults, etc. All of no succes.

The music must be there because I see the red "music end" line post-539-127599412933_thumb.jpg

But the only way I can see the waveform and hear the music is with only one track to mix the music.

Greetings,

Cor

I just tried it again with a NEW PROJECT and set it up as per my example and it works in both Preview and EXE.

The problem appears to be with your system/setup?

Crossfade produces some puzzling results so I have not used it at all (yet).

Try ticking OFFSET instead of CROSSFADE for track 1? (Edit: I don't think it's that!).

DG

John,

Hi,

I am using Beta 6 on Window 7 64

I am trying to get to grips with the various options for adding sound, but more of that perhaps on another occasion.

My immediate concern is that I have found that under certain conditions the "file route indication" at the top of the preview window for “add sound” is removed, yet on playback the audio is still there.

Part of my experimenting is to establish what link there is if any between “Add Sound” above and adding sound under “Customize Slide”.

What I have discovered in relation to the problem I have encountered as described above is that if I open the music tab in Customise Sound and use the small back arrow to work through the slides over a slide that contains “Added Sound” the route indication is removed from that slide.

John

Thanks! We just fixed it for next Beta 7.

Cor,

These is some strange behavior with the "Set Defaults" button in "Project Options - Music" of PTE 6.5 Beta 6.

Pressing the "Set Defaults" button, removes every input, but after that the screen freezes completely (buttons are not working anymore). One has to leave the window and reopen it to continue.

I noticed some minor flaws in the layout of PTE 6.5 Beta 6, Dutch language setup and some languages other then English:

Thank you, all 3 issues will be fixed in Beta 7.

Hi,

Audio

I have three files entered in Track 1 under the Project Options/Music. All three are 30 seconds long, but the third one has a reduced duration (Customize/Duration) of 22 seconds. I wish to have a total of 1 minute 12 seconds of sound. I have a Fade In on the first file of 5 seconds and a Fade Out on the third file of 5 seconds. The Crossfading for all three files is 5 seconds. Taking into account the overlap of the Crossfading this amounts to 1 minute 12 seconds of sound. However, the total time displayed on the Track 1 line is only 1:07. The waveform display is correct, filling up the whole 1:12, and the audio plays correctly. Bit if a discrepancy here, I think.

Cheers,

David P

Hi David,

I agree. I tried putting two files into track one (4.36 and 2.57) with a 15 second crossfade added to both files the time indicated for the track was 7.03.

The time indicated on the timeline was 7.18.

This is a 15 second discrepancy?

I removed the crossfade from the first file and the Track time and the Timeline time were then both 7.18.

The effect on the music (with my files) was exactly the same.

It seems that you only need to enter the crossfade ONCE to get the desired effect(?). Entering it twice causes the discrepancy that you described and I was able to duplicate.

I'm sure that there are other uses for crossfade but to achieve what I did in my experiment the Fade In, Fade Out and Offset will do the same thing (in separate tracks).

There are people here who are much more Audio capable than I. (I just play). I'm surprised that they haven't thrown their hat in?

DG

Hi Dave,

Thanks for sorting the timing out ... it works perfectly. The trouble is that if you click on the Crossfading button next to the Customize button it adds the crossfading time that you set to every sound, including the first one.

There are people here who are much more Audio capable than I. (I just play). I'm surprised that they haven't thrown their hat in?

Couldn't agree more.

Cheers,

David P

David,

Hi,

Audio

I have three files entered in Track 1 under the Project Options/Music. All three are 30 seconds long, but the third one has a reduced duration (Customize/Duration) of 22 seconds. I wish to have a total of 1 minute 12 seconds of sound. I have a Fade In on the first file of 5 seconds and a Fade Out on the third file of 5 seconds. The Crossfading for all three files is 5 seconds. Taking into account the overlap of the Crossfading this amounts to 1 minute 12 seconds of sound. However, the total time displayed on the Track 1 line is only 1:07. The waveform display is correct, filling up the whole 1:12, and the audio plays correctly. Bit if a discrepancy here, I think.

Cheers,

David P

Thank you, we've fixed this bug for the next Beta 7.