WnSoft Forums

PicturesToExe Deluxe 6.5 Beta 15

Igor

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ronnie,

After seeing your post, I gave it a try. However, I did not receive any error message. I tried to Create with a standard preset and had no problem. I then tried a Custom setting, and again, no problem. This does not help your problem but just to let you know that it did work when I tried it. Let us know exactly what you put in as a Custom setting and I can give it a try, in case you think that might help narrow down the problem.

Gary

Hi Garry,

Now that you have confirmed that you do not get this error message, I suspected that it must have something to do with my own setup. I uninstalled PTE Beta 8 and Beta 9 then re-installed beta 9. Bingo! the problem went away and now everything works as I expected.

Ron

Cannot focus a disabled or invisible window.

Using PTE 6.5 - Beta 8

When I switch from one project to another (File/Open) I sometimes get this error message. It seems to be when switching to a new project without making modifications to the previous one. Both .pte files are in the same folder.Attached Image: error message.jpg

Not a serious problem and it is Beta software.

Jeff,

It's my favourite bug. I'm catching this one two years.

You have cured this bug but seem to have created another one!

I am now not able to convert or save an MP4 file. When I click on 'Convert' I het this exception error: Attached Image: 1.jpg

What is the solutiuon please?

Ron,

I'll try reproduce this bug.

Cannot focus a disabled or invisible window.

Using PTE 6.5 - Beta 8

When I switch from one project to another (File/Open) I sometimes get this error message. It seems to be when switching to a new project without making modifications to the previous one. Both .pte files are in the same folder.post-6868-046839700 1277906195_thumb.jpg

Not a serious problem and it is Beta software.

Regards,

Jeff

Aha, I finally discovered this annoying bug! The fix will be included to the next Beta 10.

How to reproduce this bug in current and previous versions:

1) Switch to the timeline view of slides.

2) Click to any item in the File list.

3) Try to open another project file.

Hi,

I think this may be a small bug in the 6.5 Beta 9 I am presently using.

When selecting colour for a font from within the Project Options/Comments tab I am not getting consistency. If I select a colour from the drop-down box under the font box I get the correct colour initially but if I choose to change the colour I get something quite different from that selected. I do click on “Set for existing slides”

It would appear to be OK in Vs. 6.0

John

Igor

John,

Sorry, I can't reproduce this situation. Could you please make a couple screenshots of color drop-down box?

I confirm John's text color selection issue from Comments tab using 6.5 beta 9.

See attachments

post-45-001937900 1278331997_thumb.jpg

post-45-027417100 1278332021_thumb.jpg

post-45-067684500 1278332037_thumb.jpg

Igor,

Is this a new bug in beta 9?

I have a sequence with no music. I then add a piece of music (WAV 16bit PCM). This previews OK. I decide that I want the music to start at its 8 second point, so I customise the music to have 8 seconds Start Time. This previews OK. I then decide that I want the initial black slide to have silence rather than the music, so I select Offset and set the offset value to 4 seconds. When previewed this ignores all the music customisation and plays the music in its original form.

regards,

Peter

Dave,

I've attached three screen shots to show what is happening to me.

ScreenGrab012 - after adding the music file (all I've done is add the music, OK that, and then go back into Project Options|Music to show the values

ScreenGrab013 - after setting the Start Time to 8 seconds (then OK and re-display the options as above)

ScreenGrab014 - after selecting Offset and setting it to 4 seconds (then OK, etc. as above)

I was expecting ScreenGrab014 to show the same waveform as ScreenGrab013 but pushed 4 seconds along the timeline. I could, at a pinch, have accepted it showing the waveform from ScreenGrab012 but with this pulled 4 seconds to the left. This would depend entirely on how PTE interpreted the two events. I did them in the order "Start Time" and then "Offset". Had I done them in the order "Offset" then "Start Time" I would have expected the second result. What I see in the waveform reflects neither of these possible customisations.

As well as the obvious bug which I am seeing, I think I have identified a wider issue. The actual result of applying a series of customizations to the same piece of music will depend, in the thinking of the user, on the order in which they are applied. I don't believe that PTE takes this into account. "A before B" and "B before A" will, I believe, give the same result when, to the user, they would give different results.

regards,

Peter

post-4886-017455100 1278589826_thumb.jpg post-4886-010078600 1278589875_thumb.jpg post-4886-093494600 1278589894_thumb.jpg

Hi Peter,

I experimented a little more and found this:

I inserted a piece of music (Amazing Grace) and with no alterations it played OK from the beginning.

By looking closely at the waveform I could see that the phrase "That Saved a......." started at 12 seconds into the piece so I made the "Start Time" 12 seconds and the Preview started at the correct ("That saved a....") point.

I then added a 4 second offset and the music started at the WRONG place 4 seconds in.

By increasing the Offset to the same value as the Start Time all was well again. The piece started 12 seconds into the show with the phrase "To Save a....".

Obviously not a correct situation and you were, indeed, right!

Let's see what Igor comes up with - he seems to have identified a problem thanks to you.

DG

We plan publish Beta 10 tomorrow. This beta has major improvements for advanced audio editing - Envelope Tool for an individual audio clips. This tool works in a new floating window called from the Project options. The editing looks similar as in Audacity.

PicturesToExe Deluxe 6.5 Beta 10 is available

Download link:

http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/picturestoexe-beta.zip (7 MB)

Changes in this beta:

+ Envelope Tool and Waveform for a selected audio clip (Project options | Music tab or Sound comment).

* Fixed an old bug (v5.5-v6.5 Beta 9) in the main window of PicturesToExe which caused "Cannot focus a disabled or invisible window" error message.

* Fixed bug (Beta 1-9) with a wrong text color in a preview of Text comments tab, Project options.

* Fixed bug (Beta 1-9) with a wrong start time of an audio clip when it's edited (Start time and Offset). For more details: http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11802&view=findpost&p=77626

! Removed support of Vimeo uploads. Vimeo doesn't accept direct uploads from slideshow software anymore. You can upload shows manually through their website.

Sorry Igor,

At this address I found only the beta 9 of 06-29-10 and not a new version 10.

Sometimes web browser gives cached recently downloaded file. Especially Google Chrome.

==========================

Igor,

I am using Firefox 3.6.6. I have dumped the 'Pictures To Exe' specific cache item. Rebooted. Did this three times. I still get the 'Beta(2)' dated 6/29/10. At one point I thought I saw 'Beta(3) but I still got "Beta(2).

I don't remember ever having this problem before. It it really me???

Gary