WnSoft Forums

Help with show using menus

Joy

Hi, I'm new to making shows with menus. I just created one. Basically one slide with several buttons. Each button is set to open a separate slideshow.There are about 10 buttons (slideshows). The final exe containing all the shows is only 250 kbs. Is that right. If I sent this to someone, do I have to send the separate slideshow for each file? Or are they already "in" the final exe. I find it a little confusing that each slideshow is over 1MB but the final exe containing all the shows is only 250 kbs. If I burn this to CD do I need to include each separate show? Sorry I'm kind of "dense" about this. Thanks.

Well, I guess I answered my own question. I sent the file to my husband's computer, and of course the shows didn't play when he clicked on the menu buttons. How disappointing. I guess that was too good to be true. :rolleyes: It worked on my computer of course because I had the files.

Hi Joy,

As a rule to all programs, when you make a link or give order to "Run" another file, you must include the file. so that means, in most cases, the size will be combination of two files.

But there is another way, to use tool that make it easier.

Go to http://beechbrook.com/pte/ and you'll find what you need.

If you want to link all your shows use "AutoLinkPlus" Utility. If you'll have many shows, you can use "Presentation List" utility. Another Autorun for seven shows is "Autorun Window Utility".