WnSoft Forums

Colour Management

Hi,

We implemented a basic color management to future PicturesToExe 9.0. JPEG images with embedded color profiles (AdobeRGB, ProPhoto, etc) will be automatically converted to sRGB on the fly. 

Unlike other slideshow programs, PicturesToExe uses hardware acceleration and JPEG images with color profile does not increase CPU loading in EXE presentations.

Hi Igor,

I think this was hinted at some time ago but it is good to hear that it is definitely being implemented. Does the fact that this post is coming a little "out of the blue" at this time suggest that we can expect an imminent announcement of the release of PTE 9.0?

John

22 hours ago, Igor Kokarev said:

... We implemented a basic color management to future PicturesToExe 9.0. JPEG images with embedded color profiles (AdobeRGB, ProPhoto, etc) will be automatically converted to sRGB on the fly ...

This will be quite useful for users who work in an AdobeRGB environment (including monitor), and who want export a presentation that is to be shown on an sRGB projector, but  is less than we could expect from the topic "Test of color management" from February 2014. This feature has to be optional, and not mandatory. Otherwise, users with AdobeRGB monitors will have problems, and users with a pure sRGB workflow do not need it at all.

Regards,
jt

You wil find here attached my favorite mask for text.

I work normaly under Prophoto colour space, and there is an automatic conversion in sRVB space when I save a png file under Photoshop.

As I wrote previously, I will continue to use only sRVB colour space on all my documents.

EDIT I suppress the wrong files

Oups !

I am sorry.

I Use the new Photoshop command "exportation" and the color space code is not  included into the metadata !

Same thing with the old command "save for Web"

In order to include the colour space code in the metadata, you must only choose the command "Save" or "Save as".

Normally, I never use this command !

here attached the correct files in a zip file.

RoueCouleur.zip

On 20.05.2016 at 2:33 PM, jt49 said:

What about PNG, a useful format for images which are partially transparent?

Regards,
jt

Regrettably we can't support color profiles in PNG images in version 9.0. Probably it will appear later.

• 1 month later...
On 18.5.2016 at 3:26 PM, Igor Kokarev said:

We implemented a basic color management to future PicturesToExe 9.0. JPEG images with embedded color profiles (AdobeRGB, ProPhoto, etc) will be automatically converted to sRGB on the fly. 

I hope, this was a typo. Converting all images to sRGB is of no use. JPEG images with embedded color profiles (sRGB, AdobeRGB, ProPhotoRGB, etc) must be automatically converted to Output device (monitor, projector) profile on the fly.

• 7 months later...
On 15.08.2010 at 2:52 PM, Ray Groome said:

I wish to suggest that it would be great help if PTE was colour managed.

As high specification monitors become more popular more people will have monitors that will work in the Adobe RGB colour space. If these are used to display PTE shows with sRGB images, users will be very disappointed with the results as they will appear over saturated.

In the meantime I recommend you advise those using sRGB images to set their monitors on the sRGB colour space, rather than Adobe RGB. I learnt this the hard way! (Not all monitors give this choice, however).

This is not a problem with cheaper monitors as they are likely to be limited to the sRGB colour space.

Ray,

Color management is added to new PicturesToExe 9 Beta. See details here:

https://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?/topic/19805-color-management-in-pte-9/