WnSoft Forums

Demo-Page-Turning Project

gh6539

For the past 10 days I have been working on creating my own Page Turning Photo Album.

I have studied templates recommended by forum members, expecially bjc's My Little Book of Photos

I believe I have come close to what I want, yet acheiving a smoth page turning effect eludes me and I cede defeat.

I would appreciate any pointers you might wish the share.

Demo Link

Project Link

Note: I have used the page-lighting.png from My Little Book in my project.

Regards,

George

George

You have the pages turning from the wrong point and that is why they slide a bit and then turn, it doesn't look right, which I guess is where your stuck. However, your setup in the O&A screen does look a bit complicated to me and it would take to long to unravel it and then type out a solution. With this type of animation you only need to get the cover or start page right and then the first couple of pages. From there you just copy each image along with all the page turning animation and finally use the Change Image File Option to change each page of the book. The actual pages can be separate to the animation. See, its very difficult to explain this in print.

If you email me I will give you a link to one of my templates and from that you will see how that works. I guess there are a few ways to come at this and I am not claiming mine is best, not with the Dom lurking in the background :rolleyes: but it works OK

A thought crossed my mind, why such small pages, why not make the pages fit better on your 1280*800 screen. Unless you have a reason for doing that which I am missing I can't see the point in that.

Here is the result of my lurking... :huh:

George, actually, you are very close to a good result.

The main problem is with your pages flipping.

For the flipping page, you have to modify the center of this rotating object. It has to be -100,0 (instead of 0,0 in your project).

I reworked your project a little bit to make it more simple (I hope!) and in order for you to study it and finish it (I only made the animation of the 4 first pages).

I hope it helps... :)

Demo-Page-Turning_Sep17-2010_11-25-08.zip

Before The Doms excellent reply, I had thought I would try a writen explaination of a simple page turn without that shadows and pictures. I think it might be useful for less experienced member (and that includes me) so here goes.

Place your basic page on the Slides panel.

Click Animation and zoom down to get required size on screen.

Assuming you want the centre of the book, when open, to be the centre of the screen, leave in position.

In “centre” on the animation panel enter a value of –100 or use sliders

You will note page moves to the right but the centre of rotation stay as it was and is now on the LH edge.

Right click the Keyframe and select “Clone Keyframe and move it to the right, as far as it will go.

With the RH keyframe highlighted, click animation/3D parameters and enter a value of -180 in the Y axis.

If you run it now you will have the page turning perfectly. Hopefully.

By copy and pasting you can create further page turns and then add you photos to these.

Hope this works and my PTE file is HERE

Here is the result of my lurking... :huh:

George, actually, you are very close to a good result.

The main problem is with your pages flipping.

For the flipping page, you have to modify the center of this rotating object. It has to be -100,0 (instead of 0,0 in your project).

I reworked your project a little bit to make it more simple (I hope!) and in order for you to study it and finish it (I only made the animation of the 4 first pages).

I hope it helps... :)

TheDom,

What an elegant solution to my problem.

I have only just begun analyzing your solution.

My first question is why the use of frames vs. rectangles?

When I finish this study of Page Flipping, I plan to submit an album of Rainbows Photos taken last night in El Paso.

Rain in El Paso is somwhat a rairty and Rainbow's such as we had last evening are almost never seen.

Thanks so much for you input and the work you did!

Regards,

George

Before The Doms excellent reply, I had thought I would try a writen explaination of a simple page turn without that shadows and pictures. I think it might be useful for less experienced member (and that includes me) so here goes.

Place your basic page on the Slides panel.

Click Animation and zoom down to get required size on screen.

Assuming you want the centre of the book, when open, to be the centre of the screen, leave in position.

In "centre" on the animation panel enter a value of –100 or use sliders

You will note page moves to the right but the centre of rotation stay as it was and is now on the LH edge.

Right click the Keyframe and select "Clone Keyframe and move it to the right, as far as it will go.

With the RH keyframe highlighted, click animation/3D parameters and enter a value of -180 in the Y axis.

If you run it now you will have the page turning perfectly. Hopefully.

By copy and pasting you can create further page turns and then add you photos to these.

Hope this works and my PTE file is HERE

MickP,

I really appreciate your comments, especially about the less experienced member/user of PTE.

I hope my persistance will inspire others to experiment and post thier work for comment and suggestions without fear of criticism.

The "Experts" on this forum are truly awsum.

Thank for your solution, every bit of input it truly useful.

Regards,

George

George

You have the pages turning from the wrong point and that is why they slide a bit and then turn, it doesn't look right, which I guess is where your stuck. However, your setup in the O&A screen does look a bit complicated to me and it would take to long to unravel it and then type out a solution. With this type of animation you only need to get the cover or start page right and then the first couple of pages. From there you just copy each image along with all the page turning animation and finally use the Change Image File Option to change each page of the book. The actual pages can be separate to the animation. See, its very difficult to explain this in print.

If you email me I will give you a link to one of my templates and from that you will see how that works. I guess there are a few ways to come at this and I am not claiming mine is best, not with the Dom lurking in the background :rolleyes: but it works OK

A thought crossed my mind, why such small pages, why not make the pages fit better on your 1280*800 screen. Unless you have a reason for doing that which I am missing I can't see the point in that.

bbdigital,

Right now I am less concerened with sizes of photos. This started out as a project of learning. It is now evolving into ideas for many further projects.

Many thanks for your input. All comments and suggestions will be used in my project.

Regards,

George

not with the Dom lurking in the background :rolleyes: but it works OK

I wasn't being rude to the Dom here, I was actually conceding that he is the master at this. I know how some get the wrong end of the styick sometimes :D

bbdigital,

You were not being rude.:rolleyes: There are many ways to approach a problem, yours is just as workable as Dom's.

It is now up to me to move forward and learn with your suggestions.

To all who have replied, I appreciate your kindness and your willingness to share your expertise.

Regards,

George

I have only just begun analyzing your solution.

My first question is why the use of frames vs. rectangles?

When I finish this study of Page Flipping, I plan to submit an album of Rainbows Photos taken last night in El Paso.

Rain in El Paso is somwhat a rairty and Rainbow's such as we had last evening are almost never seen.

Hi George,

I'm glad I could help.

About the use of frames : actually, a frame is a rectangle with opacity set to 0.

A frame is a virtual object because the end-user can not see it.

In the project, I used frames because the purpose of a frame is to make a group of different objects (the "children") which will inherit of the keypoints of the "father" object. But I don't need this father object to be visible.

But you can use rectangles and then set the opacity to 0, it's exactly the same : it will behave exactly the same.

I am waiting for your Rainbows Photos Album now... :)

Hi George,

I'm glad I could help.

About the use of frames : actually, a frame is a rectangle with opacity set to 0.

A frame is a virtual object because the end-user can not see it.

In the project, I used frames because the purpose of a frame is to make a group of different objects (the "children") which will inherit of the keypoints of the "father" object. But I don't need this father object to be visible.

But you can use rectangles and then set the opacity to 0, it's exactly the same : it will behave exactly the same.

I am waiting for your Rainbows Photos Album now... :)

Dom,

Thanks for the explanation on frames and rectangles. You certainly cleared up my question.

George