WnSoft Forums

PTE Download

CDH123

I have used Pictures to EXE 4 for a number of years with good results. I have moved to a new computer and I need to find a download source for PTE V4. I have my registration key that should still work. I have tried to contact Winsoft Support about this a few times over the last several months with no response to my E-mails. (A friend had the same problem a year ago and he had a response within two days!). Can anyone advise me on this?

I have used Pictures to EXE 4 for a number of years with good results. I have moved to a new computer and I need to find a download source for PTE V4. I have my registration key that should still work. I have tried to contact Winsoft Support about this a few times over the last several months with no response to my E-mails. (A friend had the same problem a year ago and he had a response within two days!). Can anyone advise me on this?

The last PTE 4 final (stable) release was 4.49 - unless I'm mistaking.

You can download it here.

The last PTE 4 final (stable) release was 4.49 - unless I'm mistaking.

You can download it here.

Gerard, this is really helpful. I have downloaded, but at this point, I cannot find my license number in the old computer. In the installation I'm stopped at the licene page and "Lost registration key" pane. That leads me bact to orders@winsoft.com I hope that they will reply this time. I am not against buying another Personal License if necessary.

Thanks for your help.

Gerard, this is really helpful. I have downloaded, but at this point, I cannot find my license number in the old computer. In the installation I'm stopped at the licene page and "Lost registration key" pane. That leads me bact to orders@winsoft.com I hope that they will reply this time. I am not against buying another Personal License if necessary.

Thanks for your help.

Thanks for your help.

Doug,

Download, install and run this utility on your old computer: http://www.mediafire.com/?mzimoduazzy. It will extract your old PTE key into a file that you can then copy via a USB stick onto your new computer. It was written by nobeefstu for the benefit of the PTE community.

Why not also download and install the latest version of PTE (v6.5.2) from the Wnsoft website and explore all the new features? Your old key will work with that, too. And both versions will happily coexist.

regards,

Peter

Guest Yachtsman1

I would hold fire downloading the latest version, If you are used to the 4 version you have, you will find an immense change from what you are used to. If you do decide to try the latest version, ensure you keep your version & don't let it be overwritten in case it doesn't suit.

Yachtsman1.

Peter, I copied the download to my old computer in My Documents, unzipped it and tried to run keycopy.exe This gave "Windows error 5","Attempt to dynamic link to a task". I erased and started again with the same result. Am I missing a step?

The good thing is that PTE runs without the nusiance license pane, so there must be a license there. Furthermore, at the top of the page where they present the choices for buying, it states that the program is licensed to me!

D.H.

D.H.

Peter, I copied the download to my old computer in My Documents, unzipped it and tried to run keycopy.exe This gave "Windows error 5","Attempt to dynamic link to a task". I erased and started again with the same result. Am I missing a step?

The good thing is that PTE runs without the nusiance license pane, so there must be a license there. Furthermore, at the top of the page where they present the choices for buying, it states that the program is licensed to me!

D.H.

I have not received any error reports on KeyCopy to date ... so this one is the first and new to me.

Please tell me your Windows OS and its Service Packs updates/version so I can investigate this further.

*You might try downloading it again ... click the KeyCopy link at the bottom of this page (under my signature) too obtain the download link at Beechbrook.com site

I have not received any error reports on KeyCopy to date ... so this one is the first and new to me.

Please tell me your Windows OS and its Service Packs updates/version so I can investigate this further.

I can confirm that KeyCopy produced by 'nobeefstu' has been used by many members of our French DiaporamaForum, where it has been put at disposal in a French version, and nobody has so far reported any error (in fact, they all expressed satisfaction and thanks to the author).

D.H.

*You might try downloading it again ... click the KeyCopy link at the bottom of this page (under my signature) too obtain the download link at Beechbrook.com site

Peter, I have done another download, with the same result, I am sad to say. My system is Windows V5.1 XP (Build 2600.XPsp_sp3) and the automatic ypdates were up to date about two months ago. I would like to have tried the peogram on this new laptop, but the virus (as mentioned earlier), TR/Dropper.Gen was stopped by my Avira and I could not get around that. This is all the information I can offer at this point. Thanks for your help to date!

D H

WHOPEE! Key Copy has finally worked. The problem was the virus guard in my old computer. When I disabled it (with some difficulty), the procedure worked like a charm. I am faced with a “Welcome to Pictures to EXE”.

It is a pity that the procedure looks like a virus to some systems, but that is a small problem if one is aware of it.

Davegee, I will stick with the old version for the time being because I have a huge backlog of photos to manage. Thanks to Gérard and Peter for your help and patience.

Doug H.

Doug H,

Glad you got it sorted.

It is a pity that the procedure looks like a virus to some systems, but that is a small problem if one is aware of it

Avira (as with others also) are known to give False Positives sometime or another - some virus protection program updates may fix the issue.

All virus protection programs can give varying/differnt results in there (over) eagerness to identify or suspect if a file contains a virus ... some brands do so more often than others.