WnSoft Forums

Short video slideshow (7.0)

Igor

Hi Dan,

The bottom line is that you really need to get a video card for your system. There are dozens of good and inexpensive choices. An integrated video chip such as you have, will not be able to handle video embedded in executable code so what I would suggest is to have your son find a card suitable for your system. When I got my last Dell computer, it had one of the Intel video chips similar to what you have. I installed a video "card" into the dedicated video card slot and the system now works perfectly.

What you need to find out is which type of video card slot your system has. There are essentially two types it probably "could" be. It could be a PCI or an AGP. type. Depending on which type it is, you will need a video card made for this type. Ask your son then get back to us here on the forum and we can suggest a video card which will solve your problem.

If your son isn't sure and you could take a picture of the inside of your system and post it, we can figure it out from the appearance of the "bus" slots. Usually a PCI slot is white and the older AGP slots are black. Their physical appearance is quite distinct so it will be fairly easy to tell by looking, but someone familiar with the differences needs to look for you. In the case that no one is available, if you could take pictures then someone on the forum can help.

Best regards,

Lin

My processor is Intel Pentium 4 2.53 GHz

2.0 GB Ram

See attachment for screen shot of video adapter-

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks Lin and Igor and all.

My son is an electrical engineer and a computer geek so he will know

what you speak of.

FWIW he built my present machine for me for a few bucks out of spare

parts after my previous one

died.

My old one was an E-machine and the power supply went over voltage

and fried the mother board and CPU.

We later found this is common so if anyone is using an old E-machine I

recommend you get a new after market power supply.

They are cheap.

My current PC runs all other P2E files flawlessly but the big thing for me is

he put in a HDD raid card and dual hard drives.

These drives mirror each other and should I ever have a hard drive failure

I can simply pull out the bad drive and replace it.

The system will automatically copy to the new drive and I've lost NOTHING.

It also boots cold to windows desktop in under 40 seconds so that is

not so bad I think.

I will gladly upgrade my video board as you suggest.

P2E took hours to burn my last 90 meg slide show onto DVD.

I knew a new video board was in my future now I have a good reason to upgrade it.

I believe my mother board has PCI slots.

I may be asking for recommendations for a video card soon :rolleyes:

Thanks again!

(We're off to sunny Florida for a week)

"See you later".

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everybody,

Congratulations to Igor's team... BRAVO !

As a lot of people I think, I've been waiting for video inside PTE since a long time, and this is successfull.

Could I ask you a question now ? Do you have an idea about the first Beta V.7.0 availability ?

Is it a question of weeks or a question of months ?

Thank you for your reply.

Best regards.

Do you have an idea about the first Beta V.7.0 availability ?

Is it a question of weeks or a question of months ?

At first, version 7 beta 1 was expected in january 2011.

Then Igor wrote at the beginning of february that he needed at least two more weeks before the release of the first beta.

My guess is it will be available this month... I hope ! ;)

Please read this topic for more details : http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12650&st=0

One more short video demo (10 seconds) from version 7.0:

http://www.wnsoft.com/test/Waterfall.exe

Video and audio files were not optimized. Just to show capability render video object and it's reflection with 3D transformations.

There is a special option to link several video objects which use same source video file to save CPU and video card resources. It allows to show reflection at no cost. Also a creative usage of common source video + crop tool.

Amazing,

This will let us do something else the competition can't do - we can use a video as a background for an entire slideshow without increasing the storage "penalty" beyond the first video clip size!! That's significant!!!

Lin

One more short video demo (10 seconds) from version 7.0:

http://www.wnsoft.co...t/Waterfall.exe

Video and audio files were not optimized. Just to show capability render video object and it's reflection with 3D transformations.

There is a special option to link several video objects which use same source video file to save CPU and video card resources. It allows to show reflection at no cost. Also a creative usage of common source video + crop tool.

... This will let us do something else the competition can't do - we can use a video as a background for an entire slideshow without increasing the storage "penalty" beyond the first video clip size ...

The question is: Will it be possible to link video objects across several slides? It is the typical advantage of the track oriented AV tools (m.objects, Wings) that an animated object in the background can live "forever", while in PTE the objects have vanished once the transition to the next slide has finished.

Regards,

Xaver

Xaver,

Yes, if I understood rightly your question.

There is a conception of a video track. You create a special "video track" which goes across all slides. Then you put video object(s) on one or several slides and link them with this video track.

Audio of video track plays non-stop through all slides.

To reveal video picture you need to put video object(s) linked with video track on one or several slides. When video object is linked with video track it works like a "window" to show video picture. You can re-order slides, remove and add slides. It something similar to chroma key. Video object is a chroma key here to reveal global video track.

This allows to show video across all slides.

Of course, there is a simple mode when you just add a single video object on a slide.

• 3 weeks later...

A few weeks ago I tried to run the new sample slideshow with video.

My PC would go to a black screen and stop there.

I could hit Esc key to go back to my other programs but could not run the video.

Several here suggested I upgrade my video card.

I have done that but still cannot run the sample with video.

I still get a black screen but also an error screen pop up in front.

Esc key does not exit.

I must use Alt-Ctrl-Del key to get to task manager and shut the

program to get out.

Here is a screen shot of my video card info

Perhaps the new beta (when it comes out) will work for me.

I sure hope so!!

post-2792-0-70016500-1301427921_thumb.jp

Dan,

Looking at your screen shot: The Nvidia GeForce FX Series (GeForce 5) has been released about 8 years ago, and the 5200 has entry level with 128 MB video RAM. You cannot expect an appropriate performance from this system.

Regards,

Xaver

Dan

I agree with Xaver in that your Geforce 5200 is pretty old technology (2003) and may not quite supply the needs and requirements to playback PTE with video. Maybe once the Beta release is tested ... you may get better or limited results.

* Make sure you have installed the latest Nvidia video drivers available for your model ... and not using the orig install CD supplied drivers.

Have you tested with this PTE video sample provided by Igor :

Post #55

Dan,

Earlier version had a problem with video playback on Geforce FX series.

Please try updated video show created with newer version, as recommended above:

However Geforce FX 5200 is a lowest video card in Geforce FX series and probably it will not enough fast for video playback.

Thanks Igor and everyone else.

The new waterfall file will run.

The music is fine and video is slightly jerky but the

program does run. Esc key exits normally.

We downloaded the latest drivers we could find but they

are not new.

I WILL upgrade to a modern video card soon.

This one was a test, it was free and my son thought it would be OK.

Thank you all for your time and help.

Peace & Love!

Dan

Here's a snip from my computer geek son.

" I have a used VisionTek X1550. It has 256MB of on board memory. But even more important than

that is the GPU and the fact that the memory is DDR2 running at 400MHz (twice as fast as the one you have now)"

Hope to get this installed very soon.

Thanks for all your help and patience.