WnSoft Forums

Titanic

colin hill

This is another project which I started some time ago and decided to complete. It originally was going to be 1024 x 768 in size,

but viewing it on my large screen, felt it was lost. I have therefore resized all the pictures to enable to show as 1920 x 1080.

I must stress that some of the pictures are old and in black and white, so are not of a good quality, which is to be expected.

It is amazing to think that in April it will be 99 years since this terrible tragedy and will never be forgotten.

Hope you enjoy!

ps: Eric, you may watch if you want as it is under 20mb. :rolleyes:

Colin

http://www.mediafire.com/?g3ll7ypu7m79jcf

Colin,

A really excellent presentation put together in your usual brilliant way. This time there can be no complaints about them not being your photos! And I just love Celine's version of the music. Well done. Afterthought - would I like a little white border? - not sure

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Colin

You dragged me in & I downloaded it.

For me it's not a "keeper". The music was OK but I think an orchestral version would have been better, Celine is not my taste. The mixture of film & archive may have worked better for me if they had all been monochrome, maybe sepia?

I like the opening title shot, was it your compilation or one from the film?

I made a few 300 plus slide shows for a colleague based on ships & sailing, one thing to watch out for is the horizon, the sea doesn't slope. ;)

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1

COLIN GREAT COLLECTION -- sad story

ken

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titanic:_Music_from_the_Motion_Picture

Céline Dion, who was no stranger to movie songs in the 1990s, sang "My Heart Will Go On", the film's signature song written by James Horner and Will Jennings. At first, Cameron did not want a song sung over the film's ending credits, but Horner disagreed. Without telling Cameron, he went ahead and wrote the song anyway, and recorded Dion singing it. Cameron changed his mind when Horner presented the song to him. "My Heart Will Go On" became a worldwide smash hit, going to the top of the music charts around the world.[4][5] "My Heart Will Go On" also ended up winning the 1997 Academy Award for Best Original Song as well as the Golden Globe Award for Best Original Song in 1998.

I made a few 300 plus slide shows for a colleague based on ships & sailing, one thing to watch out for is the horizon, the sea doesn't slope. ;)

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1

I've been on boats where the horizon never appeared horizontal.

Guest Yachtsman1

I've been on boats where the horizon never appeared horizontal.

Hi Mick

Had plenty of that during our 9 years of boat owning. The two pictures were taken during a storm in Fuentes on the Spanish Med' in 2002, the rollers were 15ft high across the marina entrance.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1

post-5560-039741500 1298023337_thumb.jpg

post-5560-048389300 1298023366_thumb.jpg

Colin,

A really excellent presentation put together in your usual brilliant way. This time there can be no complaints about them not being your photos! And I just love Celine's version of the music. Well done. Afterthought - would I like a little white border? - not sure

Thanks Mick for your comments. Borders? Could have worked with some slides, some maybe not. <_<

COLIN GREAT COLLECTION -- sad story

ken

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titanic:_Music_from_the_Motion_Picture

Céline Dion, who was no stranger to movie songs in the 1990s, sang "My Heart Will Go On", the film's signature song written by James Horner and Will Jennings. At first, Cameron did not want a song sung over the film's ending credits, but Horner disagreed. Without telling Cameron, he went ahead and wrote the song anyway, and recorded Dion singing it. Cameron changed his mind when Horner presented the song to him. "My Heart Will Go On" became a worldwide smash hit, going to the top of the music charts around the world.[4][5] "My Heart Will Go On" also ended up winning the 1997 Academy Award for Best Original Song as well as the Golden Globe Award for Best Original Song in 1998.

Thanks Ken for your comment. A truly sad and historic story indeed.

Thank you for the information on the title song to the movie, which was magnificent.

Colin

I liked the movement from photos before and then underwater. I think a change of music at this stage would be appropriate.

Mark,

Thanks for your kind remarks. I do agree, a change of music could have maybe come in for the underwater pictures.

To be honest, I compiled the show, put in the ending titles, looked at the total length, looked at the length of the

music and the two matched exactly, so went with that. Maybe a lazy way out.

Colin

Hi Colin

You dragged me in & I downloaded it.

For me it's not a "keeper". The music was OK but I think an orchestral version would have been better, Celine is not my taste. The mixture of film & archive may have worked better for me if they had all been monochrome, maybe sepia?

I like the opening title shot, was it your compilation or one from the film?

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1

Hi Eric,

Glad you took the trouble to download. Sorry it was not quite to your liking, I suppose cannot please everybody.

I do know that Celine Dion is not everybody's favourite, but felt this piece of music was appropriate, especially

as I am sure a lot of people saw the movie "Titanic"

The opening title shot was from the movie. All I did was insert the title onto the bow of the ship.

I do agree, the sea does not slope, but for effect, the movie makers do all sorts and the picture I think you are

referring to, was from the movie. If I had tried to straighten it, the effect of the Titanic sinking would have looked

odd. What happens in movies is not always what happens in real life. Very different to us picking up a camera and taking

a shot of a ship or boat on the sea or horizon.

This slide show was put together in one evening from google images I had in a folder on my computer. It was purely put together

as a reminder of a dramatic piece of history, 99 years ago.

Kind regards,

Colin

but felt this piece of music was appropriate, especially

as I am sure a lot of people saw the movie "Titanic"

Sometimes that is a good reason to avoid the obvious music. Most people will have the superb movie in mind when they hear that song and we can never live up to the quality and impact of that in a PTE show.