WnSoft Forums

PicturesToExe v4.20 beta #1

Igor

I just tried my first AVI output and DVD burn using beta #2. A few comments:

1) my jpegs are 800x600. I want to maintain that aspect ratio in the AVI and DVD. When I play the AVI

in Media Player, and also when I play the DVD on my player connected to my (4:3) TV, there is a thick

black border around the images. The 4:3 aspect ratio is maintained, but the images don't occupy 800x600

pixels on my computer monitor and do not fill my TV screen. Is this intentional or am I doing something wrong?

2) The images look great on my TV but are washed out when I play the show from the same DVD on my

computer - it's like the image brightness went up about 500%. Again, am I doing something wrong?

3) The volume level on TV playback is much louder than with store-rented DVDs. When I play the AVI in

Media Player the volume is at the same level as when I "play" the original .exe file.

4) I'd like to post smaller (200x150 pixel) samples on my web site. When I select that size for custom AVI

the AVI file is still as big as when I output to an 800x600 AVI file. Surely it should be much, much smaller in

size? Would I have to resize all the original images to 200x150 to do what I want to do? If so, what is the

point of having a custom size option?

5) If I want to burn, say, 5 shows to a DVD as 5 "scenes selections (chapters)" do I really have to have 5

instances of PTE open on my computer? I can see the reason for having 1 instance of PTE running, but why can't I just copy the first 4 AVI files to a new directory, render the 5th AVI file to that directory and then just keep one PTE running while I mpeg2 encode and burn (I'm using Roxio Easy CD/DVD 6). I am a user interface

designer by training and I guarantee that the official release of this version will get bad reviews because of

this if the user really must run 5 versions of PTE at the same time.

I don't want the above to sound negative! I think Igor et al. have done a great job here and please

understand the above as the feedback of a beta tester only. Video output has long been my #1 priority

and I believe that with good beta testing PTE will kill the competition!!!

Ray

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic