Igor

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Gary,

The attached screen grabs show that this little icon does work in beta2 (and did in beta 1). Unfortunately I wasn't able to grab the icon actually visible - but that was what I used to change the Slide List size.

regards,

Peter

=============

Peter,

Dave and Igor has got it. My point was that when your are in View/Main View, and untick View/Slide List as Thumbnails, the little horizontal line icon shows up but it does not work.

Igor says he will fix it in Beta 3.

Thanks Igor, Pete and Dave.

Gary

My question

If I re-open "old" projects (made with V 6.57) I have the small views no more at the bottom (even if the project is not a very complex one. Sometimes, just the first 4 or 5 views ).

If I want to use the preview button ("B") or the preview buttom from the currant slide ("C") PTE freezes.

(but I've noted that a double-clic on the picture do now what these buttons did previously)

Your answer

I can't reproduce this problem. Does this happens for any project earlier saved in previous version 6.5.7? Could you please send me source files of a project where such problems occur?

It happens for a lot of my projects, even if they are not very complex. See for example this tutorial

Thank you for the file! I was able reproduce this problem, exactly as you've described.

I think we'll fix it tomorrow for next Beta 3.

Thank you Igor.

When I choose "Slides", I can put blank slides of 4s with Ctrl + S as before - OK

When I choose "Timeline" it's now possible to do the same - Thank you Igor !

BUT there the slide' duration is only of 1.5 s (the "Time intervall for new slide" in Project options being still at 4.0 s)

(only the first view put on a new project (opened with Timeline already chosen) is of 4.0 s)

Jean-Cyprien,

Sorry, I can't reproduce this issue. Insert Blank slide in Timeline mode works as I expect. Slide duration exactly as a default value in Project options.

Frans,

We've removed these functions.

A pity !

Hi Igor,

I've un-installed PTE V7.02, re-downloaded the 7.02 software - re-installed it, close my computer, reopen it,

and I've still the same problem (also with the V7.01 too)

I just open PTE and try to put Blank slide with Alt+S (sorry, it's not Ctrl ! - But this is the same problem with Slide / Insert blank slide )

See what I have : Duration 4.0 s and then 1.5 1.5 1.5 1.5 1.5 ..... if the Project options are left by default.

If "Transition effects" is disabled (in Project options), I cann't find any rules for the view durations (just 4.0 s for the first view)!

If I try to delete a view with the "Delete" key , some view durations are modified (views being after the selected one, and the previous one)

Please try again ? Thank you

post-6764-0-39891000-1302180571_thumb.jp

In the Timeline mode, if I select a view and want to delete it with the "Delete" key of the Keyboard, it doesn't work, and the duration of several views is completely modified.

In the timeline mode, the delete key works like the cut transition button (as in version 6), while shift+delete is to be used for removing slides (but this does not seem to work in 7 beta2).

Regards,

Xaver

How does the insertion of blank slides work on my system: It splits the time of the highlighted slide according to the position of the blue cursor. On the left side, the given slide is shown, on the right side the blank slide occurs.

Regards,

Xaver

Version 7.02

Project Options Settings: Time Interval for New Slides = 8 Sec

Slide View

Highlight a slide

Alt + S

New Blank Slide = 8 Sec (to the left of the highlighted Slide).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Timeline View

Highlight a slide (8 Sec)

Alt + S

New Blank Slide to right of highlighted slide

Highlighted Slide becomes 1.5 sec and New Blank 6.5 Sec.

DG

Thank you Xaver, I think you're right, but it seems a little bit curious for me (even if it was not very different in V6).

Never mind, if Igor find it's what he wanted to do, it's not a problem for me (as you can see, I'm not familiar with this kind of working !).

Regards

Jean-Cyprien

Yes, davegee, if you want to put just ONE new blank slide, it's OK. If you want to put a row of several slides, only the first one has a duration of 8 s (depending of the position of the cursor as Xaver has said, and depending of the "Transition effect" duration).

On the contrary, in "Slides" mode, all the slides will have a duration of 8s

(I repeat, it's not a problem for me)

Thank davegee

Jean-Cyprien,

Please look on attached screenshot.

Figure 1.

I started a new project, and called "Insert Blank Slide".

Default slide duration is 4 seconds.

Figure 2.

After inserting the cursor position at the end of transition effect of first slide. So when I call "Insert Blank Slide" again it will be inserted at the time point of the cursor. But slide duration will be 4 seconds. Everything is OK again.

post-1-0-21531800-1302185920_thumb.png

Xaver,

In the timeline mode, the delete key works like the cut transition button (as in version 6), while shift+delete is to be used for removing slides (but this does not seem to work in 7 beta2).
I just tested, v7.0 Beta works as previous version at this point.

On your screenshot, the duration of the slide you've added is 1.5 ms, not 4 ms, because you've not move the cursor before creating the new slide. If I want to create 5 slides in a row of 4 secondes each, I have to move 5 times the cursor (that is before to create each new slide). Or change for the "Slides" mode.

I find this just curious. If this procedure could be interesting for everyone, I do not see any problem.

post-6764-0-03659300-1302187260_thumb.jp

I'm not sure if this has also been mentioned but if you copy an 8 Second slide in the TIMELINE and then paste it the pasted slide splits the time of 8 seconds and pastes a 6.5 second copy?

In the Slide View and Full Screen View of Slide List it does exactly as expected.

DG