WnSoft Forums

Bug-reports for PicturesToExe Deluxe 7.0 Beta

Igor

Jean-Cyprien,

I think I've understood you now. You're right.

Can I suggest the next change:

1. If the cursor stays AFTER the last slide and we press Alt+S (or call "Insert Blank Slide" from a popup menu), it will be added after the last slide (ignoring triangle cursor position).

2. When the cursor stays between slides, the blank slide will be added at the point of the cursor.

Right?

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Igor,

In beta 3, using F6 to switch between Slides and Timeline works OK but doesn't change the highlighting of the tab: that is, from Slides press F6 and we see the Timeline but the Slides tab is still the highlighted tab.

Peter

Hi Igor,

Still finding issues with MOV files. I'm emailing you a link and explanation for a large MOV file which plays perfectly well on Irfanview and other players, but is reported as "Image not found or damaged" in PTE Beta 3.

Also, I'm having similar difficulties with some AVI files which play fine in other players but reporting identical "Image not found or damaged" in Beta 3. I suspect if you find the answer to the MOV issue in the file I'm linking to in my email, you will also have solved the AVI issue.

Best regards,

Lin

Igor,

The test project that I was using to establish the limitations of my graphics environment can now be converted to HD Video with the sound present. Thanks for fixing that problem. I have also found that beta 3 produces a smoother playback during Preview than did beta2: but the playback quality via Preview still shows some jerkiness. I realise that using H264 video is the most demanding way of doing things; but if I can get near acceptable results with this approach then I know the results from a slight de-tune of the video will be superb!

I created a new H264 mp4 file from this project and then used that mp4 file as the video on a single slide PTE project. The playback quality is much better but the sound slowly drifts out of sync with the images, which now end much sooner than does the soundtrack of the video.

The PTE project file and the H264 video can be found here on Dropbox.

regards,

Peter

Re PicturesToExe Beta 3

I have not read all the above threads, so appologies if I am repeating anything already highlighted.

While working in the time line I want to move a few images to the right a bit. Its a process I use a lot and it works fine in PTE 6.5

In PTE 7 Beta 3, I click and drag to highlight them all, but when I click on the first image to drag them to the right, the highlight is lost on all, but the first slide and only that slide moves.

If I repeat the process, now all the slides can be moved together, as in PTE6.5.

v7 Beta 3

I also confirm this same behaviour as Barry has posted.

In PTE 7 Beta 3, I click and drag to highlight them all, but when I click on the first image to drag them to the right, the highlight is lost on all, but the first slide and only that slide moves.

Another TimeLine View Issue using CTRL key (using Beta 1, 2, & 3)

Also there is a function issue with use of the CTRL key to ramdomly select multiple slides in the Timeline View. The Slide View CTRL key function works correctly as expected.

I got a problem with beta 3 and transition durations.

I put 4 images to show it.

On the fist image, you notice the transition duration : 1.075s.

The second image shows the window obtained when clicking on "configuration".

You notice that the duration is already false : it is 1.75 instead of 1.075

I change the transition effect, and of corse the duration continues to be wrong.

On the forth image, you notice that now the transition duration is greater than the slide duration.

I am very confuse, because this bug was certainly introduced when you fulfill my request to be able to modify durations with the mouse roll !

post-9190-0-15766500-1302345873_thumb.jp

post-9190-0-26018500-1302345882_thumb.jp

post-9190-0-66447500-1302345891_thumb.jp

post-9190-0-25634600-1302345902_thumb.jp

I have other odd things happening too.

1. Place a 26 second wmv clip in as an inset over a static image and the time of the video defaults to 10 seconds. I change that to 26 seconds, but it always stops at 22 seconds for some reason, before the full video has ended. I can play it OK in WMP.

2. When I hit Ctrl+W to open an image up in Photoshop to make a change to it, I then cannot save the file back with the same name. I get the attached error message. I go this all the time in PTE6.5

3. If you set the transition length about 4seconds before selecting any images, when you do they all display wrong on the slide list. In the attached example screen, all images are actually different.

Hi Igor,

Well done with the V3, thank you Igor.

Now I see my little pictures again . PTE doesn’t freeze if I want to preview the project. The value of –128 is now put for all the children of old projects. And your idea to change the procedure to add a blank slide at the end of the project was a very good one.

But I’ve still a problem (very small) to remove the views in the “Timeline” mode.

Say, I add several views (in “Slides” or “Timeline” mode” – pictures or blank slides)

If I’m in “Slides” mode, I can easily remove a view with the Delete button of the keyboard.

If I switch to “Timeline” mode, this Delete button has not the same function.

(OK, why not, but it is still active and put some additional time for different slides... difficult to understand – and it was the same with the V6 version).

But now, if I want to use shift+delete , there is no action. Nothing occurs if I stay in this “Timeline” mode..

If I switch to “Slides” mode and return immediately to “Timeline” mode (without doing anything else) I am now able to remove a view with shift+delete.

Why not directly since the beginning of my work ?

yes, and the image is deleted !

=================

When I tried in it 7 beta 2, I did not have any problem. Usiing Ctrl W, the image opened up in PS5, I saved the image back, and no problem. The image was not deleted.

Gary

In 6.5 I could select some slides in time line view and then move them along by dragging one of them. In 7 beta 3 as soon as you left button on one of the selected slides all the others get deselected and don't move.

Bob

Igor,

In beta 3, using F6 to switch between Slides and Timeline works OK but doesn't change the highlighting of the tab: that is, from Slides press F6 and we see the Timeline but the Slides tab is still the highlighted tab.

Peter

Thanks! I just fixed this bug in the next Beta 4.

<...>I created a new H264 mp4 file from this project and then used that mp4 file as the video on a single slide PTE project. The playback quality is much better but the sound slowly drifts out of sync with the images, which now end much sooner than does the soundtrack of the video.

The PTE project file and the H264 video can be found here on Dropbox.

<...>

OK, I'll check up.

<...>

I put 4 images to show it.

On the fist image, you notice the transition duration : 1.075s.

The second image shows the window obtained when clicking on "configuration".

You notice that the duration is already false : it is 1.75 instead of 1.075

<...>

Thank you, I confirm this bug. We'll fix this bug in Beta 4.

<...>

But I’ve still a problem (very small) to remove the views in the “Timeline” mode.

Say, I add several views (in “Slides” or “Timeline” mode” – pictures or blank slides)

If I’m in “Slides” mode, I can easily remove a view with the Delete button of the keyboard.

If I switch to “Timeline” mode, this Delete button has not the same function.

(OK, why not, but it is still active and put some additional time for different slides... difficult to understand – and it was the same with the V6 version).

But now, if I want to use shift+delete , there is no action. Nothing occurs if I stay in this “Timeline” mode..

If I switch to “Slides” mode and return immediately to “Timeline” mode (without doing anything else) I am now able to remove a view with shift+delete.

Why not directly since the beginning of my work ?

Thanks, I finally reproduced this issue with Shift+Del with your step-by-step instruction! It will be solved in Beta 4.

In 6.5 I could select some slides in time line view and then move them along by dragging one of them. In 7 beta 3 as soon as you left button on one of the selected slides all the others get deselected and don't move.

Bob

I confirm this bug. I'll fix it in Beta 4. Thank you.

PTE 7 beta 3

Insert video into slide timeline. Insert navigation bar with print option. Print option does not work if 'Only Main Image' is selected.

post-2058-0-41615200-1302496818_thumb.gi

Thanks! We'll fix it.

Another TimeLine View Issue using CTRL key (using Beta 1, 2, & 3)

Also there is a function issue with use of the CTRL key to ramdomly select multiple slides in the Timeline View. The Slide View CTRL key function works correctly as expected.

I've reproduced this issue. Thanks! Will be fixed soon.

Still finding issues with MOV files. I'm emailing you a link and explanation for a large MOV file which plays perfectly well on Irfanview and other players, but is reported as "Image not found or damaged" in PTE Beta 3.

Also, I'm having similar difficulties with some AVI files which play fine in other players but reporting identical "Image not found or damaged" in Beta 3. I suspect if you find the answer to the MOV issue in the file I'm linking to in my email, you will also have solved the AVI issue.

Thanks, Lin! I'll check your MOV file today. Please send me one sample AVI file which has similar problem. It can be different issues.

H.264 format (especially 1920 x 1080) can be heavy for PicturesToExe. Only modern PCs can handle this format with PicturesToExe 7.0. Other players might have better playback because they simply show video, whereas PicturesToExe have to apply much more complex processing using 3D capabilities of video card. Some players under Windows 7 can utilize full hardware acceleration for H.264 video if you have modern video card. But in PicturesToExe we can't rely on this function due to wide range of different video cards and need to use Direct 3D. So please convert video to DIVX, XVID or MPEG4. These formats give almost same file as H.264 but in 2-3 times less CPU loading.

So please convert video to DIVX, XVID or MPEG4. These formats give almost same file as H.264 but in 2-3 times less CPU loading.

Igor,

What are you recommending to do the conversion?

The straight out of camera format for some DSLRs is:

"Video compression: H.264/MPEG-4 Advanced Video Coding"

DG

Dave,

You need to convert such files if you output project as executable show. This is reality. I'm not a wizzard, sorry. Processing of video in real time with effects takes some limitations.

If you render show as a video (DVD, HD video file, YouTube, etc.) you can use any source video files. Video for input and video for output.

As I know other slideshow software also convert source video files.