Igor

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Igor,

Sound is still not in sync with video on WMV files - I'll email you a link to a wmv file to test.....

Best regards,

Lin

Please read "Known issues" here: http://www.picturest...deluxe-70-beta/

before post bugs-reports on PicturesToExe Deluxe 7.0 Beta

If you discover a problem with a particular video clip, please send me link to this file here or via personal message. You can use www.mediafire.com service for uploading.

... Please send me the sample video file. I'll check up for synchronization.

This video is too large! I am going to prepare a short example. Watch your e-mail (later this evening, or tomorrow) for the download link.

Regards,

Xaver

Problem with MAC

Hi Igor

one of our members has some problem with files for MAC.

It seems that.app files are created normally but he cant execute them. The .app file size is around 20% much bigger.

This problem is observed with beta 11 and 10.

Best regards

Daniel

Hi! Igor,

I'm not sure if this is a bug, it maybe something that hasn't been restored as this is only a beta (11) version but here goes, I only hope I can explain myself..........I have created a project in the following manner..... Opening slide containing objects ( scrolling titles and such) then a blank (using the insert blank feature) then video (mp4 created by P2e from one of my projects) then another blank then video etc:-. now comes my problem, I have customized each of the blanks with the command "wait for a click of the mouse", this works great but when I run a full screen preview all the videos also accept the right mouse click command,video stops and advances to the next blank and waits.. a right click and sequence advances to the next video.

I have created an exe file and the problem persists

Tom.

Bonjour Igor,

Après votre réponse j'ai vérifié les propriétés de l'affichage.

La qualité couleur n'était pas réglée à 32 bits.

En modifiant ce paramètre, PTE 7 B10 s'est comporté normalement.

Je pense donc, pour ce qui me concerne, que le problème est résolu.

Souhaitez-vous que j'envoie d'autres informations le concernant ?

Cordialement.

Hello Igor,

After your response I checked the display properties.

The color quality was not set to 32 bits.

By changing this setting, PTE 7 B10 behaved normally.

So I think, for me, the problem is resolved.

Would you like me to send other information about it?

Regards.

<...>

After your response I checked the display properties.

The color quality was not set to 32 bits.

By changing this setting, PTE 7 B10 behaved normally.

So I think, for me, the problem is resolved.

Would you like me to send other information about it?

Regards.

Thanks for the confirmation! Of course, PicturesToExe needs 32-bit color mode of display for right color management. Other files are not required now.

As I understand it, when a video is linked to a master video track, it is not possible to change ? Yet the box still shows the list of options (Master video track, single video clip, link to: ... )

Si je comprends bien, quand une vidéo est liée à une piste video master, il n'est plus possible de la modifier ? Pourtant la box affiche toujours la liste des options (Piste video master, video unique, Associer à )

When a video clip linked to video master object - they all work as one video clip. Replacing of video file in one video object will replace video in all linked video objects.

If you unlink one object (setting Single video clip mode) it becomes independent and now you can replace its video filename to another.

Hi! Igor,

I'm not sure if this is a bug, it maybe something that hasn't been restored as this is only a beta (11) version but here goes, I only hope I can explain myself..........I have created a project in the following manner..... Opening slide containing objects ( scrolling titles and such) then a blank (using the insert blank feature) then video (mp4 created by P2e from one of my projects) then another blank then video etc:-. now comes my problem, I have customized each of the blanks with the command "wait for a click of the mouse", this works great but when I run a full screen preview all the videos also accept the right mouse click command,video stops and advances to the next blank and waits.. a right click and sequence advances to the next video.

I have created an exe file and the problem persists

Tom.

It would better see this show. Please upload EXE file. I tried reproduce this situation and everything works.

Please also make sure that a full slide duration is equal to duration of a video clip. If slide lives longer than video clip it will causes frozen picture of video on the screen.

Problem with MAC

Hi Igor

one of our members has some problem with files for MAC.

It seems that.app files are created normally but he cant execute them. The .app file size is around 20% much bigger.

This problem is observed with beta 11 and 10.

Best regards

Daniel

Please disable the Navigation bar option in the Project options. It should help. This is a temporal limitation.

Hi Igor,

Sound is still not in sync with video on WMV files - I'll email you a link to a wmv file to test.....

Best regards,

Lin

Thanks for the file! We're working on the solution now.

Problem with .app files for Mac

Please disable the Navigation bar option in the Project options. It should help. This is a temporal limitation.

Thanks Igor,

I confirm that solve the main problem.

The other question was about the discrepancy between the .exe (or .app) file size indicated in the main window of PTE and the created file size which is around 20% bigger?

Do you have an idea of what is going wrong?

Best regards

Daniel.

Hi! Igor,

Re my post # 272

I think I have solved my problem......... It appears that "Wait for a click of the mouse" is only available as an global setting in Project Options under the control tab,

In the customize Slide Tab, Only "Wait for a Key press to show next slide" is available.

As I use a wireless mouse to control my shows I would like the ability to set Mouse click in customize option to be available as most of the time I'm away from my computer and projector at the front of my audience, so heres hoping.

Tom.

Hi Igor,

I have just tried a .mpg file from a Sony DCR-SR36 HANDYCAM and I'm getting issues which are not there when the same file is played in Real Player etc:

Dragging lines in the picture and Sound out of Sync by one second or more.

DG

How can I avoid the flash of green rectangle?

Hi,

In “Known issues” Igor mentioned that a flash green rectangle may appear instead of a video clip. This happened to me yesterday. How can I avoid it?

I created a very simple slide show in PTE 7 beta 11. The frames of all slides are 1920 x 1080 px, but in project options I set the virtual size of a slide to 1280 x 720 px, because of the two video clips (720p) in avi format. The same green rectangle appears in beta 12. In vlc media player, I can watch the two video clips without any problem

I suspect that my computer may be too old. My Toshiba Satellite is running with Windows Vista, Intel T7200 @ 2.00GHz, 1022 MB RAM and DirectX.11 version. The graphic card is GeForce 7600 with integrated RAMDAC and 504 MB.

Here is a link to the zipped project:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/26955163/Rettenbach%202011-720p_Jun27-2011_4-54-03.zip

I appreciate your advice. After June 29, 2011 I will have access to the internet again.

Hello Hartmut,

I can't tell you why these particular AVI files respond as they do, but the problem is not your computer because I have plenty of resources on my own system and they do the same (green rectangle). The work-around is to convert them to another format. I converted them via the freeware program (Video Pad Video Editor) to WMV format and they then work fine. I have uploaded the two zipped videos in wmv format for you. They are a good bit larger now in size, but they work fine in your project. Just replace the originals (I renamed the Alphorn one for simplicity) with the wmv versions and everything should work fine. By the way, very nice photos of Neuschwanstein and Hohenschwangau and surrounding area!

Link below:

http://www.learntoma...mos/alphorn.zip

Best regards,

Lin

Can anyone confirm this "BUG" / Strange Behaviour?

If an image used in a PTE Project is edited outside of PTE and saved over the original, the changes are reflected in the Image Panel, O&A View, the Preview and the EXE but the changes are only updated in the Slide Panel when the project is closed and re-opened.

I seem to remember that this was mentioned by BB some time ago but I can't remember a solution?

DG

Dave,

Can anyone confirm this "BUG" / Strange Behaviour?

If an image used in a PTE Project is edited outside of PTE and saved over the original, the changes are reflected in the Image Panel, O&A View, the Preview and the EXE but the changes are only updated in the Slide Panel when the project is closed and re-opened.

I seem to remember that this was mentioned by BB some time ago but I can't remember a solution?

DG

You were part of the discussion.

Update for new image - WnSoft Forums

Problem with .app files for Mac

Thanks Igor,

I confirm that solve the main problem.

The other question was about the discrepancy between the .exe (or .app) file size indicated in the main window of PTE and the created file size which is around 20% bigger?

Do you have an idea of what is going wrong?

Best regards

Daniel.

We compress slideshow engine in executable file for PC (about 450 KB). And no compression in executables for Mac (about 1500 KB). But if you pack Mac slideshow into ZIP file it should be almost same (2-4% of difference).

Hi Igor,

I have just tried a .mpg file from a Sony DCR-SR36 HANDYCAM and I'm getting issues which are not there when the same file is played in Real Player etc:

Dragging lines in the picture and Sound out of Sync by one second or more.

DG

Please send me sample video file.

How can I avoid the flash of green rectangle?

Hi,

In “Known issues” Igor mentioned that a flash green rectangle may appear instead of a video clip. This happened to me yesterday. How can I avoid it?

I created a very simple slide show in PTE 7 beta 11. The frames of all slides are 1920 x 1080 px, but in project options I set the virtual size of a slide to 1280 x 720 px, because of the two video clips (720p) in avi format. The same green rectangle appears in beta 12. In vlc media player, I can watch the two video clips without any problem

I suspect that my computer may be too old. My Toshiba Satellite is running with Windows Vista, Intel T7200 @ 2.00GHz, 1022 MB RAM and DirectX.11 version. The graphic card is GeForce 7600 with integrated RAMDAC and 504 MB.

Here is a link to the zipped project:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/26955163/Rettenbach%202011-720p_Jun27-2011_4-54-03.zip

I appreciate your advice. After June 29, 2011 I will have access to the internet again.

Thanks! I'll download the file and we will check up.

Update: I've reproduced this problem.

We compress slideshow engine in executable file for PC (about 450 KB). And no compression in executables for Mac (about 1500 KB). But if you pack Mac slideshow into ZIP file it should be almost same (2-4% of difference).

Thanks Igor,

your reply could explain a size discrepancy around 1MB

but in fact our member observes that :

- indicated project size 48.5MB => created .exe file size 55.2MB

- indicated project size 45.6MB => created .app file size 53.3MB

In such examples the size discrepancy is around 6,7MB for .exe file and 7,7 MB for .app file. So your answer explains the 1MB difference between .exe and .app but what about the 6.7MB?

Best regards

Daniel

Dave,

You were part of the discussion.

Update for new image - WnSoft Forums

http://www.picturest...-for-new-image/

You are right Stu,

I was part of that discussion.

I saw this is a different scenario.

I do not send images from PTE to my editor - I prefer to start from the NEF RAW each time- the edits are baked in so I don't have to "start again". So I am not editing an existing JPG.

I am OVERWRITING an existing JPG with the edited version from NX2.

In the original discussion the final comment from BB was:

" I would like it fixed if possible. "

Any progress?

DG