Igor

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello Hartmut,

I can't tell you why these particular AVI files respond as they do, but the problem is not your computer because I have plenty of resources on my own system and they do the same (green rectangle). The work-around is to convert them to another format. I converted them via the freeware program (Video Pad Video Editor) to WMV format and they then work fine. I have uploaded the two zipped videos in wmv format for you. They are a good bit larger now in size, but they work fine in your project. Just replace the originals (I renamed the Alphorn one for simplicity) with the wmv versions and everything should work fine. By the way, very nice photos of Neuschwanstein and Hohenschwangau and surrounding area!

Link below:

http://www.learntoma...mos/alphorn.zip

Best regards,

Lin

Hello Lin,

I enjoyed reading your response, the work-around and the converted video files. Now I can see all slides and the video without any problem. Thanks also for your kind words regarding the photos. All three of us enjoyed the trip to the Allgäu (Bavarian region).

With kind regards,

Hartmut

V7 b12

I worked on around 40 slides and then went to add a blank slide at the start and end. I set the slide time to 2 secs with a 1 sec fade. When i previewed it, I got an error message saying there was an error in C:Worlds\PTE... After that everything was wrecked. I could no longer open the first slide to edit the settings. When I created an exe, it failed to run.

So I gave up.

Hello Mark,

Please excuse me for late response!

Could you send me this exe file with your show (which doesn't start) and source files of the project in ZIP archive (or at least single project file)? I'll check up what could cause this problem and then find a solution.

To upload files I recommend to use www.mediafire.com service.

Hi Igor,

I have found that making an Executable for MAC from Version 7 is not working (for me).

I have not used Unsharp Mask and I have turned the Navigation Bar off.

There are no Video Clips included.

I reverted to Version 6.5 and was successful straight away with the same Project.

DG

Hello Dave,

Please send me Mac executable file and single .pte project file, I'll check up.

Currently slideshow engine for Mac in version 7.0 Beta same as in version 6.5. It should work when Navigation bar is turned off.

Also there is another known bug that a show with startup window doesn't work on Mac.

OK Igor,

Stand by.

I uploaded a MAC executable to Beechbrook which was made out of V7 Beta 12. There were around 26 MAC Version downloads but one person came back and said it wouldn't work.

I then checked the same MAC EXE on my grandson's Intel MAC Laptop and found that it would not load there either.

I made a MAC EXE from V6.25 and tried that and it worked OK.

Media Fire:

http://www.mediafire...17upxo709uohan2

I'll send project file by PM.

You can download the "working" version from:

http://www.beechbrook.com/pte/downloadfile.asp?id=1962

DG

Igor,

I was one of the users.

I am presently running 10.6.8. However I can't be certain what version I was running when I had this problem, which was only a couple of weeks ago. I update immediately it becomes available so it is possible that I have done so since then.

John

Barry,

I think that may be the PC link you have provided as on trying it again my Mac wanted to open Parallels.

John

Later,

I still have the Mac version in my Download folder and can confirm that it behaves as Barry described with the latest version of Mac OS X - 10.6.2

John

I just sent Igor the zipped files, I assumed he wanted to see the componant parts, but perhaps your right,

Mac Version of Slide show that was reported not to work for some mac users

http://www.mediafire.com/file/qgjdne3plqng4fb/GoodHousekeepingMac.zip

Igor,

Beta 13 appears to have a new bug!

When adding a video clip to a slide show, the timeline view shows that the video clip is shorter in length then it actually is, i.e. the slideview shows that the clip is 10.5 seconds but the timeline shows it as only 6.5 seconds.

Ron West

Ron,

You really must try to keep up - I think what you are seeing is the result of recent changes that Igor has made.

If you remove your transitions - make the transition time zero - then the slide view and timeline will show the same value.

There's a thread somewhere explaining the changes - someone will jump in with a link.

DG

Dave,

Thanks for sample show and project file. I've tested "HAY 11_6_25 for MAC7.zip" show for Mac and I confirm this problem. This problem happens only in version 7.0 Beta because the show has enabled the navigation bar. It's a known issue with current beta versions.

To solve this problem, please turn off "Show Navigation bar" option in the Project options, the Main tab. And then create executable for Mac again.

To avoid similar problems, since Beta 14 we will automatically disable navigation bar option for Mac while this feature is not finished for Mac.

Sorry Igor

I never kept a record of who contacted me, but the zipped show can be found here.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/b70zns957iwjy7f/Good%20Housekeeping_Jul16-2011_8-35-45.zip

Barry,

Thank you for the file! I've reproduced this problem which occurs under OS X 10.6 (no problem with 10.5.x).

This bug related with this particular MP3 file. If I remove it or replace to another MP3 file, the shows starts sucessfully.

What software you've used to encode this MP3 file?

There are two variants - bug in code of PicturesToExe or this audio file is damaged.

Beta 13 does not solve the problem described here.

Regards,

Xaver

We still can't exactly hear this audio delay.

1. Can you please prepare another sample video where I could find exact "marks" for synchronization? For example, voice starts exactly with a flash of white rectangle.

2. Time position where you find audio delay (and value of time day, for example 1 second).

3. Do you observe time delay in both cases - start of a show from beginning and after rewinding?

Thanks,

Ron,

You really must try to keep up - I think what you are seeing is the result of recent changes that Igor has made.

If you remove your transitions - make the transition time zero - then the slide view and timeline will show the same value.

There's a thread somewhere explaining the changes - someone will jump in with a link.

DG

Dave,

I do try very hard to keep up, but these changes happen so thick and fast, it is quite easy to miss one here and there.

If I need to change all transitions to zero, this must surely be an annoyance? I would like to read the thread that you mention

in order to try and understand what is going on, but I can't find it!

Ron

Hello Igor, Greetings from Quarryville, PA!. I too downloaded Barry's "Good Housekeeping" file and I too found a white screen and no sound and could only advance with the horizontal arrow keys. I tried it on a MacBookPro 2009 Summer model and am running Snow Leopard's latest firmware update: 10.6.8. Bill

No Ron,

You misunderstand - I was trying to show you that it was not a bug. You don't have to change anything.

In the SLIDE view, the figure shown in the bottom right of the slide icon includes both the INCOMING and OUTGOING transition.

That's the change that Igor made.

It wasn't too difficult to find after all:

DG