WnSoft Forums

Bug-reports for PicturesToExe Deluxe 7.0 Beta

Igor

Here is another funny example for the synchronization problem. The attached PTE project shows two rather identical versions of my hand clapping video. The first one, uses the MP4 container, including an Xvid video and an MP3 audio part. The second video has been derived from the first one just by changing the container format to AVI, while video and audio parts just have been copied. During preview of Beta16, the MP4 video is out of sync, while the AVI video runs correctly.

Regards,

Xaver

Clap123_Beta16.zip

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Xaver,

I confirm this issue with MP4 video file. We'll check up it today. Thanks.

Harold,

Thanks for sending me sample files. I'm downloading them now.

Please let me know:

1) Version of Windows.

2) Screen resolution of your display.

Also I've sent you PM, please reply me.

Igor,

Problem with video insert :

1. image1 + mask + Video (sound: ok)

2. Image4 and image5 + Master video track : no sound !!

If I delete the video in the mask:

2. Image4 and image5 + Master video track : sound = ok

Thanks,

Charlie

PS: Same problem Here

post-6892-0-55356100-1314540920_thumb.jp

I have a wmv video file with a playback time (maturity) of 36,000.

The PTE-videoconverter however changes the time to 31,865.

So I miss the final seconds of the video.

What to do?

If it possible, please send me this WMV video file. I'll check up.

Igor,

Problem with video insert :

1. image1 + mask + Video (sound: ok)

2. Image4 and image5 + Master video track : no sound !!

If I delete the video in the mask:

2. Image4 and image5 + Master video track : sound = ok

Thanks,

Charlie

PS: Same problem Here

Thanks, I've replied here:

I tried to uninstall PTE v.7.12, with Revo Uninstaller Pro, and was told couldn't find uninstaller.

I went ahead, and let Revo find all the 7.12 files, and deleted them.

I next went to PTE v7.13, and had the error report shown below.

I did not let Revo scan for files this time.

Win 7 Home edition 64 bit

I don't know if this is a bug, or something going on with my computer.

Igor, any idea?

Best regards, Gayland

post-3410-0-13364000-1314814047_thumb.gi

I tried to uninstall PTE v.7.12, with Revo Uninstaller Pro, and was told couldn't find uninstaller.

I went ahead, and let Revo find all the 7.12 files, and deleted them.

I next went to PTE v7.13, and had the error report shown below.

I did not let Revo scan for files this time.

Win 7 Home edition 64 bit

I don't know if this is a bug, or something going on with my computer.

Igor, any idea?

Best regards, Gayland

Is it possible to uninstall any beta version using default uninstaller of PicturesToExe from a program group in the Start menu, or through the Control Panel in Windows? It's a recommended way. We can not guarantee correct work of Revo Uninstaller Pro.

For PicturesToExe we use the latest version of well-known Inno Setup to make the installation package.

PTE 7 Beta 18

After converting video and inserting a second time into slide it would be nice if PTE detected that it was loading a PTE converted video instead of prompting me to convert or use original.

I don't know if there is any method PTE could use to detect it has previously converted the video into PTE format? Not really a bug but more of user interface slight problem.

Thanks,

Tom

Good idea. But user can choose a different folder, or a different file name for converted video. PictuesToExe will not able exactly (without a mistake) determine this case.

Igor, I tried the PTE default uninstaller, from the start menu, but was told it couldn't be found.

I haven't tried from the control panel, will try that next.

Thanks for your reply, Gayland.

Is it possible to uninstall any beta version using default uninstaller of PicturesToExe from a program group in the Start menu, or through the Control Panel in Windows? It's a recommended way. We can not guarantee correct work of Revo Uninstaller Pro.

For PicturesToExe we use the latest version of well-known Inno Setup to make the installation package.

Hi Igor, I tried control panel and start menu to uninstall 7.0.12 7.0.13, and got errors.

I deleted files with Revo.

I used control panel to uninstall 7.0.14, 7.0.15,and 7.0.16, successfully, no problem.

Problem solved, thanks, and best regards, Gayland.

3rd part uninstaller could damage installation files. Please reinstall this beta again and then perform uninstall using default method.

PTE 7 Beta 18

Today I made a demo slide show with a small zoomed video, inset over a static image. The video (taken with a Canon 5D) was converted in PTE and reduced in length from about 20s to 10s and also the size down to 950*540. The video name was adjusted with the word converted which does make things easier to keep track of.

In practical use, I found that I had overdone the crop in regard to the length of the clip and the video didn't have time to zoom up to the size I wanted witout coming to a stop. (nothing worse than a video that suddenly grinds to a stop before the next image is fully faded in. It has to stay moving over the fade out in my view)

No, problem, because I have the original video, so I converted the file again making it slightly longer this time.

PTE over wrote my originally converted 10s video with my new conversion to a 20s video. However, PTE still displayed the video for 10s, although it had been over written with a 20s version.

I used the replace video option from the properties tab of the Objects and animation screen, but PTE still reflected the old 10s video.

I had to remove the video completely and reselect it before it would work correctly, but that meant setting up the animation and edge effects again.

Not a problem for the initiated, but it will blow the mind of many users.

Barry,

You're right, but we can't quickly fix it. Because it's necessary to vastly modify video objects to store original file duration and date of the file. Then continuously compare to detect possibly modified file. Also user could manually adjust duration and we should care about this case, too.

Igor

OK and thanks for the explanation

New Bug perhaps - PTE 7 beta 18

Today I opened a new project and added 4 images. I went into the project options main tab and reduced the 7s slide duration time to 1s and hit the set for existing slides and OK. I got an error message.

It seems that if you select a slide duration time that is within the transition length of the images this happens, the time line also disappears too

Hello Igor, I'm using PTE 7 Beta20.

My camera is Panasonic Lumix TZ7, I have a problem with the video format. MTS, when I insert them I see them very accelerated, even doing the conversion with the program videoconverter.

If I do the conversion with other programs, everything works fine.

I send you in pm the link to the original file.

Thanks and congratulations for the software.

Sorry for the google translation.

I'm not sure if this is a new bug, but will report it anyway.

I have a problem when converting and cropping .mov video files from my Canon 7D even when using beta 20 . If I just convert the file, all is fine, but if I convert and crop at the same time, then I loose 'lip synch', ie the video crop doesn't match the audio crop, by about a second. However, if I do the conversion as a two stage process, firstly convert the whole file and then reconvert that file with the crop, then the synch is OK. Has ayone else had this problem? Having discovered the two-stage-process 'work round' I can live with it.

Howard

Hello Igor, I'm using PTE 7 Beta20.

My camera is Panasonic Lumix TZ7, I have a problem with the video format. MTS, when I insert them I see them very accelerated, even doing the conversion with the program videoconverter.

If I do the conversion with other programs, everything works fine.

I send you in pm the link to the original file.

Thanks and congratulations for the software.

Sorry for the google translation.

Thanks! We just fixed this problem. Please wait for the final version.

I'm not sure if this is a new bug, but will report it anyway.

I have a problem when converting and cropping .mov video files from my Canon 7D even when using beta 20 . If I just convert the file, all is fine, but if I convert and crop at the same time, then I loose 'lip synch', ie the video crop doesn't match the audio crop, by about a second. However, if I do the conversion as a two stage process, firstly convert the whole file and then reconvert that file with the crop, then the synch is OK. Has ayone else had this problem? Having discovered the two-stage-process 'work round' I can live with it.

Howard

Please send me source video clip from Canon 7D. We'll check up.

Greetings,

I think this is a bug or at least I think it should be. In Version 6.5, the left vertical edge of the Slide List was indented to be in line with the left boarder of the Preview screen. This allows for more of the file directory to be listed all the way down the left side. However, now in Version 7.20, the left vertical edge of the Slide List has been moved all the way to the left edge, and it makes it a bit difficult to read the Slide List numbers.

I would like the left vertical edge of the Slide List to be movable so it can be repositioned as it was in Version 6.5.

Can this be done? Please see the attached gifs to help illustrate this problem.

Gary

Gary,

We removed this view from version 7.0. You could observe same view in previous versions (Horizontal view).

Just downloaded and installed final version of PTE 7. I am trying to change the directory where my templates are installed.

I go to File\Templates\Manage Templates. I then select a different template folder from the "Browser for Folder" dialog and click "OK". I am then returned to the "Manage Templates" dialog. When I push the "OK" button to close the dialog and save my changes, nothing happens. The dialog shows "Not Responding" and PTE is completely locked up. I then have to shut it down and start over. It doesn't seem to matter which folder I choose. Sorry if this is not the correct thread to post this bug report.

Follow up: Apparently performing the above action attempts to move any existing templates from the old folder to the new one. I had a lot of templates. I moved them first manually and then made the change. It worked ok then, but it still seems like a bug. Running Windows 7 64x