Igor

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tom, Igor,

The reason I asked is that more people will be buying DSLRs in the coming months with Video facilities - Nikon 3100 / Nikon 5100 and I'm sure there are other equally good Canon models.

Having looked at the specifications, I see that most are using the H.264 MPEG4 format as standard.

I recognize that Igor cannot facilitate all formats and wonder if there is a concensus about which converter is the most reliable for doing the conversion from H.264 MPEG4 to MPEG4?

Igor,

I hope that you will feel better tomorrow!

DG

4 people (on forums and Diapositif.net Diaporamaforum.com) had the problem, after changing the size of the image in Photoshop.

I have other odd things happening too.

2. When I hit Ctrl+W to open an image up in Photoshop to make a change to it, I then cannot save the file back with the same name. I get the attached error message. I go this all the time in PTE6.5

Thanks, we'll fix this issue in Beta 4.

1. Place a 26 second wmv clip in as an inset over a static image and the time of the video defaults to 10 seconds. I change that to 26 seconds, but it always stops at 22 seconds for some reason, before the full video has ended. I can play it OK in WMP.

Regrettably we were not able resolve this problem. The decoder we're using (ffmpeg) reports wrong duration for this WMV video clip.

3. If you set the transition length about 4seconds before selecting any images, when you do they all display wrong on the slide list. In the attached example screen, all images are actually different.

Please tell in more details on this problem. I couldn't reproduce this situation.

Igor

1. I start a new project, but adjust the transition to fade and the duration to 5 seconds before selecting any thumbnails for the slide show.

2. As I double click each thumbnail image, they either all show down the bottom of the screen as black thumbnails, but show correctly in the mini player, or they all show up the looking like I had selected one image, 5 times rather than all different images. See attached

3. It appears to be caused when the transition length is longer than the gap between slides and also when the last slide transition is longer than the "End of the last slide" green line.

4. If I separate the the transitions in the time line, and extend the green "End of the last slide" line, then they show correctly

Some problem with video duration parameter.

It seems a bit different that this one which has been reported previously by bbdigital.

I openned my previous slideshow which includes a slide within a video clip (the video clip duration was 1mn 11s, I wanted to stop the video at 51s 824 and I modified the duration parameter to this value in the O&A window.

The result was unexpected : in fact the video is played during 51s 824 and freezes on the last frame which remains as a still picture up to 1mn 11s then the next slide is played.

I expected that the video would have stopped playing at 51s 824 then the next slide should have been played.

The information of the duration of the video clip on the timeline remains unchanged at 1mn 11s.

But if I modify the duration parameter by clicking on the information directly on the timeline, the video is played as expected!

Best regards

Daniel

Barry,

I'm not sure that it's bug. Same situation might occur in previous versions. You need to carry for correct transition duration and slide duration.

Daniel,

Video clip duration is a parameter of video object. You can place several different video clips with different durations onto one slide. For this reason duration of a video clip is not linked with duration of a corresponding slide. You need to adjust slide duration together with duration of video clip.

Igor

I tried Beta 4 and it does the same thing where 6.5 does not, so something has changed. Whether it is significant or not, I will leave that to your judgement.

If you open PTE 6.5 and set the slide duration to about 5 seconds, then select slides into the slide list, they show up as the correct thumbnails

If you do the same thing in PTE 7 beta 3 or 4 they show as black thumbnails, which may be confusing to some newer users.

As I said, it is easy to get around by spreading the slides better over the time line, but it may be enough to cause a little confusion to some.

NO HARM OR OFFENCE WAS MEANT TO ANY FORUM MEMBER IN THE WRITING OF THIS REPLY :D

Igor and Barry,

v7 Beta 4

Igor

I tried Beta 4 and it does the same thing where 6.5 does not, so something has changed. Whether it is significant or not, I will leave that to your judgement.

If you open PTE 6.5 and set the slide duration to about 5 seconds, then select slides into the slide list, they show up as the correct thumbnails

If you do the same thing in PTE 7 beta 3 or 4 they show as black thumbnails, which may be confusing to some newer users.

As I said, it is easy to get around by spreading the slides better over the time line, but it may be enough to cause a little confusion to some.

NO HARM OR OFFENCE WAS MEANT TO ANY FORUM MEMBER IN THE WRITING OF THIS REPLY :D

I think I finally understood and reproduced Barry's bug issue. This issue relates to the Slide List display when setting Project Option Slide duration timing value less than the Project Option Effects duration timing value.

Steps:

1- Create New Project

2- Set Project Option - Slide duration timing default value to 4.0 (as example)

3- Set Project Option - Effects duration timing default value to 7.0 (as example)

4- Drag & Release images from the File List to the Slide List

5- Notice the incorrect display issue within the Slide List.

*Multiple tests show inconsistent image display behavior in the Slide List. Sometimes the Slide List displays a corrupt image view (as seen in my attached images) and sometimes it displays the wrong or incorrect image view (as seen in Barry's attachments).

*As Barry points out ... this incorrect display issue only exists in v7 beta and is not evident in v6.5 versions.

See attached images.

post-45-0-29963500-1302955044_thumb.jpg

post-45-0-17326100-1302955071_thumb.jpg

Igor

I don't quite understand what you said below

The best format of video for PicturesToExe are DIVX, XVID or MPEG4-ASP (NOT H.264) at 1280 x 720 30p. For these video clips I get just 6% of CPU loading on my home PC.

I have shot a HD movie with a Canon 5D, but if I inset it as a full screen video the movement of people looks like the keystone cops.

If I convert the .MOV files to DIVx or MP4 they are all made smaller.

Are you saying that a full screen HD video was/is not intended in a PTE 7 slide show. Am I wrong in thinking that all the emphasis is on smaller inset videos?

Hello Barry.

Shouldn't be a problem, [see attached screen capture]. I also use Canon gear – HD 1080 mov @ 41Mbps to HD1080 avi at a video bit rate of 20Mbps. Despite the lower bit rate the difference in picture quality is negligible unless you are pixel peeping or intending to upgrade to Blue Ray.

All my evaluations after conversion from mov to avi are done exclusively in MPC-HC prior to loading into PTE . In general they display correctly but as always there are exceptions.

Trust this is of some assistance.

John.

post-6759-0-37074700-1303031833_thumb.jp

GEE I THOUGHT A BIG CANON USER WOULD KNOW HOW TO USE GOOGLE

http://www.google.ca/#hl=en&xhr=t&q=Pixel+Peeping&cp=13&pf=p&sclient=psy&site=&source=hp&aq=0&aqi=&aql=&oq=Pixel+Peeping&pbx=1&fp=167cb2e53864e7ec

http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthread.php?t=207433

BETTER YET

you should make a section on your web site -- [HOW TO DO A SEARCH]

OH WELLcool.gif

KEN

Hi Barry,

I have a similar problem with MOV from my camera, but I don't believe this is strictly a PTE issue, but rather perhaps a system or possibly software conflict.

Try going to "Properties Tab" in Objects and Animations - click on the video to be sure it's selected then click beside "Don't include file to EXE". Create your executable and place the video in the same folder with the exe file and see if this makes a major difference. I'm betting that when you do this the MOV file at HD will play perfectly.

The problem is yet to be resolved - but something is different on your system, my system and Igor's system. He doesn't have this issue with MOV files inside an executable on his system so the "cause" of the jerky response is yet to be determined.

Best regards,

Lin

Igor

I don't quite understand what you said below

The best format of video for PicturesToExe are DIVX, XVID or MPEG4-ASP (NOT H.264) at 1280 x 720 30p. For these video clips I get just 6% of CPU loading on my home PC.

I have shot a HD movie with a Canon 5D, but if I inset it as a full screen video the movement of people looks like the keystone cops.

If I convert the .MOV files to DIVx or MP4 they are all made smaller.

Are you saying that a full screen HD video was/is not intended in a PTE 7 slide show. Am I wrong in thinking that all the emphasis is on smaller inset videos?

Igor said:

The Canon 5D Video file is MOV (H.264)

http://www.canon.co.uk/for_home/product_finder/cameras/digital_slr/eos_5d_mark_ii/index.aspx?specs=1

I wonder if it's that?

Having said that Peter (I think) and I have both created H.264 MPEG4 files from PTE shows which work without stuttering in other PTE shows (Fit to Slide).

DG

...Having said that Peter (I think) and I have both created H.264 MPEG4 files from PTE shows which work without stuttering in other PTE shows (Fit to Slide).

To clarify what Dave has said: I had previously created H264 MP4 files from some of my PTE sequences in order to play them via a USB memory device plugged into my TV set. I tried one of these sequences as a video object embedded on a static slide image. It ran successfully at, to me, an acceptable quality.

I then tried to stress my nVidia graphics card (8400 GS) to its limit by first doubling the number of video objects on the slide, then adding a third copy and finally a fourth copy. All copies were subject to 2D Pan and Rotate plus 3D transformation (rotate about both X and Y). With just one or two copies, the card managed to deliver smooth, stutter-free video. With three copies it showed some very slight stutter. At four copies it was clearly struggling to cope, some of the video missing several frames and then "jumping" as it caught up.

I then converted the MP4 video file into an MPEG2 file using XMedia Recode software. With this *.mpeg2 file used instead of the *.mp4 file even the four-up test ran smoothly, with no visible stuttering on my system.

regards,

Peter

Ken

No, I spend my time creating images, not googling, and on this forum it's so easy to upset someone, its best to understand what they think it means. I sort of guessed, but you can't be too careful can you. Well I guess I am a Pixel Peeper then, but I think some other forum members should take up that hobby too.

Lin

I tried leaving the video out of the exe, but I get the same result. I think I will sit tight and wait for the convertor Igor says he will include in a later version. I appreciate it isn't a PTE fault perhaps, but I just sort of expected to be able to drop in a video from my camera. I can just see this being the next thing that newer users get stuck on, I hope not.

Daveg

Making an HD MP4 from a PTE file isn't the issue I am having problems with. Its using a HD video in a standard sequence, but if its not HD there is likley to be quite a gap between the quality of the stills and that of the video.

I have not seen anything posted yet where I thought wow, thats good!

Barry,

nobeefstu,

<...>

<...>

<...>

Steps:

1- Create New Project

2- Set Project Option - Slide duration timing default value to 4.0 (as example)

3- Set Project Option - Effects duration timing default value to 7.0 (as example)

4- Drag & Release images from the File List to the Slide List

5- Notice the incorrect display issue within the Slide List.

<...>

As Barry points out ... this incorrect display issue only exists in v7 beta and is not evident in v6.5 versions.

Thank you! I've reproduced this problem now. And we've fixed it in future Beta 5.

Barry,

H.264 video files directly from camera usually have file size at ~18 mbit (720p) and ~40 mbit (1080p) per second. This large size comes from the fact that camera doesn't use all power of H.264 format and use simple base encoding. Our convertor will get 6-11 mbit for 720p and 12-22 mbit for 1080p. So you get even less file size and in 3 times less CPU loading with almost same quality.

If you make a final output as HD video file, you need not convert source video clips at all. You are free to use even H.264 at 1080p. Some restructions exist only for shows as executables.

To Igor,

Some small issues.

1) Is it normal that the "remove" - "X" button is moved over other buttons as "Objects and Animation" when the main screen is reduced?

See extract: post-539-0-94207800-1303144674_thumb.jpg

2) In "Adjust Video and Border" the title reads "Adjust Image and Border"

See extract: post-539-0-88392000-1303144847_thumb.jpg

3) Project Options | More the word "Additionally" can not be translated

See extract: post-539-0-03194500-1303144945_thumb.jpg

Thanks,

Cor

Hello,

I created a page to launch a slideshow with PTE 6.5 and everything works perfectly.

By cons, a montage was created with PTE 7.0 and when I click on the image to start the installation, nothing happens.

post-2414-0-54813600-1303160829_thumb.jp

Igor,

v7 Beta4

There is a behavior issue when adding a VideoObject in the O&A window. After selecting the video file ... the O&A window automatically closes and reverts back to main GUI window. The user then needs to open the O&A window again. v7 Beta 3 did not exhibit this behavior.

Question:

Is it possible to add a VideoObject to a Custom Window or is this feature not currently added to the current beta version?

It was promoting a blue Image Load Error screen during my exe playbaack tests. Tested with mpg, mov, and mp4 which worked otherwise when added to a slide. Also in attempt to delete the VideoObject from the Custom Window ... I was receiving a error message (see attached image shot).

I suspect this function/feature is not fully implemented yet or may not be possible in a Custom Window.

post-45-0-73115500-1303209514_thumb.jpg

Cor,

I fixed all 3 issues you've discovered in Beta 5. Thanks!

I created a page to launch a slideshow with PTE 6.5 and everything works perfectly.

By cons, a montage was created with PTE 7.0 and when I click on the image to start the installation, nothing happens.

Please tell me in more details:

1. Version of PicturesToExe used to build main show (menu).

2. Version of PicturesToExe used to build another show (to run).

3. Type of command to run the show - "Run slideshow" or "Run application"?

Thanks in advance.

<...>

v7 Beta4

There is a behavior issue when adding a VideoObject in the O&A window. After selecting the video file ... the O&A window automatically closes and reverts back to main GUI window. The user then needs to open the O&A window again. v7 Beta 3 did not exhibit this behavior.

<...>

I confirm this bug. Thank you! We'll fix it in Beta 5.

<...>

Question:

Is it possible to add a VideoObject to a Custom Window or is this feature not currently added to the current beta version?

It was promoting a blue Image Load Error screen during my exe playbaack tests. Tested with mpg, mov, and mp4 which worked otherwise when added to a slide. Also in attempt to delete the VideoObject from the Custom Window ... I was receiving a error message (see attached image shot).

I suspect this function/feature is not fully implemented yet or may not be possible in a Custom Window.

You're right. I think it's a bug. But we will block video clips for Custom Windows in this version 7.0, because we prefer do not hurry and test carefully all main functions.

Cor,

I fixed all 3 issues you've discovered in Beta 5. Thanks!

Please tell me in more details:

1. Version of PicturesToExe used to build main show (menu).

2. Version of PicturesToExe used to build another show (to run).

3. Type of command to run the show - "Run slideshow" or "Run application"?

Thanks in advance.

Igor hello and thank you to consider my request.

Apparently, and oddly, now everything works.

Note however that to answer your questions:

1 - To launch my page, I used PTE 6.5.8

2 - The assembly that I throw is designed from PTE 7.0 beta4

3 - The command to start the installation is: Start the application or open the file from the tab "Common"