Igor

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Daniel,

Video clip duration is a parameter of video object. You can place several different video clips with different durations onto one slide. For this reason duration of a video clip is not linked with duration of a corresponding slide. You need to adjust slide duration together with duration of video clip.

Thanks Igor, I understand your point and knowing that, I can manage like it is.

However, like it is, when you drag and drop a video clip on the timeline, the indication which appears automatically on the slide is the total duration of the video clip.

May I suggest that each times there are no other objects on the slide, except videos, the duration of the slide is calculated to be equal to the sum of total or specified duration of all videos clips. If there is only one (or more) object other than video clips, the slide duration must be specified as we used to do before v7.0.

That is just a suggestion!

Daniel

Cèlou,

I can't reproduce this issue. Please send me test projects (and executables) in ZIP archive.

Thanks Igor, I understand your point and knowing that, I can manage like it is.

However, like it is, when you drag and drop a video clip on the timeline, the indication which appears automatically on the slide is the total duration of the video clip.

May I suggest that each times there are no other objects on the slide, except videos, the duration of the slide is calculated to be equal to the sum of total or specified duration of all videos clips. If there is only one (or more) object other than video clips, the slide duration must be specified as we used to do before v7.0.

That is just a suggestion!

Daniel

I'm sorry, but it's impossible technically. It strongly complicates the code of the program because it would be necessary re-calculate duration of the slide on the fly. Thousands of places, I can't predict results after this change.

Igor,

v7 Beta 5

Slide Duration Question/Issue: all beta versions

1- Drag/drop a Video file as a slide to Slide List. The Slide Duration displays the correct time of the video file.

2- Goto O&A and select Properties tab and swap out/replace the original video file with a different video file.

3- The Slide Duration still retains the old original video file time and does not reflect/update to the newer video file time.

*I believe the Slide Duration should reflect and use the newer video file time. Other users may have a different view.

*This issue is more of what logically to do with VideoObject time when replaced and/or deleted and how the Slide Duration of the Slide is handled.

Guest Yachtsman1

Nobeefstu.

IMHO Doing as you suggest would jepordise the default & everything after the new video file would be out of sinc' with the st. :unsure:

Yachtsman1.

To Igor,

About PTE 7.0 beta 5

1) I noticed some strange behaviour in "Objects and Animation"

see post-539-0-75614500-1303317623_thumb.jpg

It occurs when you close the program with a smaller window of "Objects and Animation" then the screen at that moment.

When you re-open PTE and go to "Objects and Animation" and make the window bigger, then you get the strange windows.

To remove the windows you must close PTE again.

2) "Objects and Animation"| "Animation" tab, in the drop down menu, there is 2 times "Linear"

Speed Options, Setting up..., Templates... there is also 2 times "Linear". When you push "Reset to default" it goes away.

see post-539-0-53380400-1303318301_thumb.jpg

Thank's

Cor

Igor

Just a small point when installing beta 5, that I did notice before too.

After download and extraction of the zipped file, the unzipped folder opens and the setup icon can be selected. The installation goes without a hitch, but the attached panel always appears behind the Explorer screens I have open. Should it really be on top so it cannot be missed? Its a small point, but it will confuse some people.

No offence meant to any forum members :huh:

I'm sorry, but it's impossible technically. It strongly complicates the code of the program because it would be necessary re-calculate duration of the slide on the fly. Thousands of places, I can't predict results after this change.

Igor,

I think there is a misunderstanding, the duration parameters (specified in O&A properties, or original video files duration) are known in advance there are no need to re-calculate it on the fly.

Daniel

Igor,

v7 Beta 5

1- Drag/drop a Video file as a slide to Slide List. The Slide Duration displays the correct time of the video file.

2- Goto O&A and select Properties tab and swap out/replace the original video file with a different video file.

3- The Slide Duration still retains the old original video file time and does not reflect/update to the newer video file time.

*I believe the Slide Duration should reflect and use the newer video file time. Other users may have a different view.

*This issue is more of what logically to do with VideoObject time when replaced and/or deleted and how the Slide Duration of the Slide is handled.

I full agree with your comment. I think that this problem of video duration/slide duration has the same origin that this one I reported in my previous post see here

In fact when we drag & drop a video clip on the timeline the slide duration is automatically equal to the first video clip duration put as a slide but afterwards if in the o&a properties window, we modify the video clip duration or we replace the video clip by another one of different duration, the slide duration remains unchanged.

Daniel

Igor,

v7 Beta 5

Issue : Timeline Drag/Drop Video File - all beta versions

1- Drag/Drop a Video file directly from File List to Timeline view ... the time duration seems to be using the Project Option - Slide Duration default time value and not the actual Video file time value. Opening the Customize Slide - Slide Duration also reveals the wrong time value in this scenario. (see timeline_video.jpg)

2- Several repetitive Drag/Drop a Video file directly from File List to Timeline view ... shows inconsistent and varying Slide Durations for each of the same Video file. (see timeline_video_multi .jpg)

* Drag/Drop Video file directly from File List to to Slide List view uses actual Video file time value correctly. Customize Slide - Slide Duration is correct. Multiple Drag/Drop are consistent and correct.

See attachments ;

(timeline_video.jpg) single drag/drop 10 sec Video shows 4 sec in Timeline view.

(timeline_video_multi .jpg) multiple drag/drop 10 sec Video shows inconsistent and varing time in Timeline view.

post-45-0-37463300-1303379974_thumb.jpg

post-45-0-11812800-1303384415_thumb.jpg

To Igor,

About PTE 7.0 beta 5

1) I noticed some strange behaviour in "Objects and Animation"

see post-539-0-75614500-1303317623_thumb.jpg

It occurs when you close the program with a smaller window of "Objects and Animation" then the screen at that moment.

When you re-open PTE and go to "Objects and Animation" and make the window bigger, then you get the strange windows.

To remove the windows you must close PTE again.

2) "Objects and Animation"| "Animation" tab, in the drop down menu, there is 2 times "Linear"

Speed Options, Setting up..., Templates... there is also 2 times "Linear". When you push "Reset to default" it goes away.

see post-539-0-53380400-1303318301_thumb.jpg

Thank's

Cor

Thanks! I confirm bug with resizing in Objects and animation editor. But I can't reproduce the issue with a duplicating speed template.

Igor

Just a small point when installing beta 5, that I did notice before too.

After download and extraction of the zipped file, the unzipped folder opens and the setup icon can be selected. The installation goes without a hitch, but the attached panel always appears behind the Explorer screens I have open. Should it really be on top so it cannot be missed? Its a small point, but it will confuse some people.

<...>

Thanks, Barry! A very interesting problem. I've reproduced this issue only when I use Windows Explorer to run installation file and under Windows 7. And it happens sometimes. We think that it's a bug in Windows Vista/7 and the operation system doesn't set rightly focus to a started application. We found a fix for this issue. Please try future Beta 6 and let me know about result.

P.S. I'll reply on other problems tomorrow.

Igor,

v7 Beta 5

Issue : Timeline Drag/Drop Video File - all beta versions

1- Drag/Drop a Video file directly from File List to Timeline view ... the time duration seems to be using the Project Option - Slide Duration default time value and not the actual Video file time value. Opening the Customize Slide - Slide Duration also reveals the wrong time value in this scenario. (see timeline_video.jpg)

2- Several repetitive Drag/Drop a Video file directly from File List to Timeline view ... shows inconsistent and varying Slide Durations for each of the same Video file. (see timeline_video_multi .jpg)

* Drag/Drop Video file directly from File List to to Slide List view uses actual Video file time value correctly. Customize Slide - Slide Duration is correct. Multiple Drag/Drop are consistent and correct.

See attachments ;

(timeline_video.jpg) single drag/drop 10 sec Video shows 4 sec in Timeline view.

(timeline_video_multi .jpg) multiple drag/drop 10 sec Video shows inconsistent and varing time in Timeline view.

Thanks, it will be fixed in Beta 6.

Igor,

v7 Beta 5

OK. We agree. Slide duration will be updated in case of two conditions:

1) A video object should be a main video (added through the Slide list).

2) Duration of a slide was equal to video clip duration before replacement.

It should protect against mistake when user customized slide duration manually.

PTE 7 beta 5

Vertical narrow spike or blip above text when rotating around Y axis at 90 and 270 deg (text should disappear). If you blink you will miss it. I'm guessing it only lasts a few mSec -or- it could be an optical illusion. :)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1946048/pte/vertical_spike_tom95521.zip

Tom

Tom,

Sorry, I can't discover this problem here. Please describe me in more details what happens at that time point? I see that text object disappears for a moment at at reached 90 or 270 degree. If it possible, with a screenshot or video record. Or you can use Objects and animation editor to change time cursor.

PTE 7 beta 5

Perspective correction for Zoom option does not appear to be working in this example using video inside frame. Zoom works until option checked.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1946048/pte/perspective_correction_zoom.zip

Tom

Thanks, I've reproduced this bug.

Tom,

After the more attentive testing we have discovered that that the issue with perspective correction is not a bug. It really works as it should.

The problem in parameters of this frame object. An initial zoom state of the frame is very small - 0.001 x 0.001 and the last keypoint is 232.381 x 232.381. Increase zoom parameters at first keypoint and it will solve the problem.

You can observe same visual result if you adjust Z position of this object.

Greetings,

I think this might be a bug.

I put in 12 images, with the nav bar. I previewed the show, but I put the nav bar on pause and manually forwarded each image to review what they looked like. However, when I was on the 11th image and tried to go forward to the 12th image (the last one), it will not advance to this last image.

Gary

Gary,

Greetings,

I think this might be a bug.

I put in 12 images, with the nav bar. I previewed the show, but I put the nav bar on pause and manually forwarded each image to review what they looked like. However, when I was on the 11th image and tried to go forward to the 12th image (the last one), it will not advance to this last image.

Gary

My tests show the same behavior with the Navigation bar (all styles) with the PAUSE invoked. Using the Nav bar Next/Previous Slide buttons and/or keyboard arrow keys fail to advance to the last slide. However, it does work correctly when using Repeat Show mode setting ... its when using Keep Last Slide or Close On Last Slide it fails.

*Tests with Version 6 builds show the same failing behavior as in tests with Version 7 Beta's

*Tests with Version 5.52 build showed all to function correctly when PAUSE invoked ... no matter what the show mode setting.

*Seems to be a real old bug/issue

Igor,

v7 Beta 6

In testing the the new AR setting location ... I stumbled into a unrelated Windowed Mode issue

Windowed Mode Width Issue - all beta versions

-Using a Windowed Mode - with border setting of 1600x900 does not quite fit the width of a 1600x900 monitor screen resoultion. (see window_mode.jpg)

-Using a Windowed Mode - with out border setting of 1600x900 fits correctly to a 1600x900 monitor screen resoultion.

*Version 6 builds exhibit the same width behavior as version 7 beta's

*Version 5.52 build did fit the width (maybe a bit more than 1600)

*This appears to be another real old bug/issue.

post-45-0-16068400-1303985441_thumb.jpg

nobeefstu,

This is not a bug indeed.

We can't set size of entire window including borders around a window, because proportions of a window varies depending on version of operation system and used graphical theme. Aspect ratio of window will be different in this case. For this reason we set size of internal part of window.

...Thanks, Barry! A very interesting problem. I've reproduced this issue only when I use Windows Explorer to run installation file and under Windows 7. And it happens sometimes. We think that it's a bug in Windows Vista/7 and the operation system doesn't set rightly focus to a started application. We found a fix for this issue. Please try future Beta 6 and let me know about result...

Igor,

The problem with the Installation that Barry reported has NOT been fixed for Windows Vista Home Premium SP2. I experienced it on all previous beta releases - and I still got it when I installed beta 6.

regards,

Peter

P.S. Just as I was about to send this reply I noticed that the Attached File feature of the forum now shows a single file size limit of 64MB. This is a big jump up from the old 2MB limit. When did this change happen? If this is new "standard" it means we can attach PTE sequences of a fair old size without the need to use a File Hosting Service. Wonderful news for all forum users!

Igor

Deleting a video (on the timeline or in O&A windows) with master video track option produces the error message : access violation at address 004DB588 in module 'PicturesToExe'. Read of adrdress 00000001.

If this video has "single video clip" option there is no problem with delete operation.

Igor

Deleting a video (on the timeline or in O&A windows) with master video track option produces the error message : access violation at address 004DB588 in module 'PicturesToExe'. Read of adrdress 00000001.

If this video has "single video clip" option there is no problem with delete operation.

Thanks, this is fixed in Beta 7. Please download this new beta.

Igor,

The focus of the window for the "Options" at the end of the Install now works correctly in beta 7. I also found that Extract-ing the zip to the Desktop and then running the install from there gave the correct result with beta 6. However, my normal install technique for PTE is to simply download the zip file and then double-click the setup program from within it (without extracting first). That's what I did with beta 7 - and everything happened as I would have expected it to. You can tick that bug off your "to fix" list.

regards,

Peter

An observation with Beta 7:

1. I build a show with 1 slide
  2. I add a video to slide 1
  3. I make the video a Master Video Track
  4. I change the video's Start Time
  5. I start the Preview (not closing the A&O window), and the video starts at its very beginning not at the defined start time.
  6. If I click (several times) on the video object in the object list, the start time goes back to 0, with the consequence that it seems to be impossible to start the video at any later time.

Regards,

Xaver