WnSoft Forums

Bug-reports for PicturesToExe Deluxe 7.0 Beta

Igor

Other observations (Beta 7):

There seem to be update problems for liked videos, when going from slide to slide inside the A&O Window.

When changing the video files for some video objects it happens that "old" video files (without any master) remain in the "Link to" list. See the attached screen shot: Only one linked video is included in this show, but PTE offers two videos to link to.

Regards,

Xaver

post-5382-0-31331700-1304189470_thumb.jp

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Igor

With beta 7, once the video master and associated video objects implemented in the project, it is impossible to store a value change of the start time and duration of the video, because these parameters return to their initial value ​​when closing the O&A window or changing the slide except if the offset is changed at the same time.

Hi Igor,

Following the problem on the slideshow of D67 (Patrick) with video

Here:

I thought my antivirus (BitDefender) but no problem on my netbook with the same antivirus.

After Googling the problem comes from the soft "Quicktime"

I uninstalled Quicktime and after restart no problem with slideshow of Patrick.

Bernard

Thank you Pti Robert (Diapositif) for his help

An observation with Beta 7:

1. I build a show with 1 slide
  2. I add a video to slide 1
  3. I make the video a Master Video Track
  4. I change the video's Start Time
  5. I start the Preview (not closing the A&O window), and the video starts at its very beginning not at the defined start time.
  6. If I click (several times) on the video object in the object list, the start time goes back to 0, with the consequence that it seems to be impossible to start the video at any later time.

Regards,

Xaver

Hi Igor

With beta 7, once the video master and associated video objects implemented in the project, it is impossible to store a value change of the start time and duration of the video, because these parameters return to their initial value ​​when closing the O&A window or changing the slide except if the offset is changed at the same time.

Thanks! I confirm this bug.

Other observations (Beta 7):

There seem to be update problems for liked videos, when going from slide to slide inside the A&O Window.

When changing the video files for some video objects it happens that "old" video files (without any master) remain in the "Link to" list. See the attached screen shot: Only one linked video is included in this show, but PTE offers two videos to link to.

Regards,

Xaver

<...>

PicturesToExe updates the list of linked video clips when you open or re-load a project. At that moment deleted master clips will be removed from the list. This automated management gives ability cut linked video clips and paste to another slide. In other case links could be lost and settings will be lost.

Hello Igor &congratulations to you and your employees

please open pte -> right click on pannel in tab slides-> select insert blank slide -> object&animation -> right click on screen and select file info . as you see it caused appearing this message :" Access violation at Address ...." Do this can be a issue ?

good luck

Hello Igor &congratulations to you and your employees

please open pte -> right click on pannel in tab slides-> select insert blank slide -> object&animation -> right click on screen and select file info . as you see it caused appearing this message :" Access violation at Address ...." Do this can be a issue ?

good luck

Thanks, we'll fix this bug in Beta 8.

P.S. I've united your topic with this one to keep all bug-reports in our place.

Igor

v7 beta8

There a small visual text display bug in Project Options - Screen tab when swicthing from Windowed Mode to Fullscreen mode setting. The issue can be easily reproduced by using your own Welcome Demo file located in the program directory (WnSoft PicturesToExe\7.0 Beta 8\Main\All\Examples\WelcomeDemo\WelcomeDemo.pte)

I have not noticed this in making a new project or some of my own old project files ... so there must be something particular and unique with your own file.

See attachment:

post-45-0-26804100-1304542978_thumb.jpg

Igor,

The focus of the window for the "Options" at the end of the Install now works correctly in beta 7. I also found that Extract-ing the zip to the Desktop and then running the install from there gave the correct result with beta 6. However, my normal install technique for PTE is to simply download the zip file and then double-click the setup program from within it (without extracting first). That's what I did with beta 7 - and everything happened as I would have expected it to. You can tick that bug off your "to fix" list.

regards,

Peter

Igor,

This problem has come back in beta 8. Did your team forget to include the fix in this beta release? N.B. I ran the install by double-clicking on the setup file from within the zip file. I did not extract the zip contents first.

I also confirm that AbdolReza's problem is fixed in beta 8.

regards,

Peter

<...>There a small visual text display bug in Project Options - Screen tab when swicthing from Windowed Mode to Fullscreen mode setting. The issue can be easily reproduced by using your own Welcome Demo file located in the program directory (WnSoft PicturesToExe\7.0 Beta 8\Main\All\Examples\WelcomeDemo\WelcomeDemo.pte)

I have not noticed this in making a new project or some of my own old project files ... so there must be something particular and unique with your own file.

<...>

Thanks! I'll fix it in Beta 9.

Igor,

This problem has come back in beta 8. Did your team forget to include the fix in this beta release? N.B. I ran the install by double-clicking on the setup file from within the zip file. I did not extract the zip contents first.

I also confirm that AbdolReza's problem is fixed in beta 8.

regards,

Peter

Peter, it's a intermittent issue. I'm trying find some solution. The bug definitely in Windows Vista/7.

I raised this problem on a forum of InnoSetup developers:

http://news.jrsoftware.org/read/article.php?id=91852&group=jrsoftware.innosetup#91852

Tom,

I've removed this function. It's a rarely used feature which complicates the program.

Since following Beta 9 it will possible select several slides and set one text comment for these slides. I think it more handy and flexible.

Igor/Forum Members

I am not sure if this is a PTE issue, but I have noticed on about 4 occasions with beta 8, that when I launch the program it has lost the file tree. I have never noticed this with any other version of PTE. I do use key stroke short cuts a lot, but as I said, never had this happen with other versions and don't think I have hit Ctrl+G by accident 4 times.

Has anyone else noticed this and did what I did a few times and put it down to my own error

Peter,

Thanks for the confirmation!

Igor/Forum Members

I am not sure if this is a PTE issue, but I have noticed on about 4 occasions with beta 8, that when I launch the program it has lost the file tree. I have never noticed this with any other version of PTE. I do use key stroke short cuts a lot, but as I said, never had this happen with other versions and don't think I have hit Ctrl+G by accident 4 times.

Has anyone else noticed this and did what I did a few times and put it down to my own error

Barry,

If you click to a gap between file file and file list it hides the tree. Probably it was a reason of that issue?

PTE 6.5 and 7 betas.

Hi Igor,

I am not sure if this is a bug or a new Idea and Suggestion.

Most objects like text, rectangles, buttons, videos, and image that are added to the slide can have a mouse click action. The mouse pointer arrow changes to a mouse pointer hand to tell user when mouseover object is active, even when opacity is at 0%.

This does not work with buttons. The mouse pointer does not change from arrow to hand. I wanted to create an image menu with hotspots using invisible buttons but there is no indication when area is active. I can use an invisible frame with action instead of button.

I notice color attributes that can be set for mouseover and mousedown. Maybe this is the reason the button pointer does not change?

To keep common interface maybe any object with mouse click action should change the mouse cursor from an arrow to a hand. If there is no action for button then the cursor stays in arrow mode during mouseover.

Thanks,

Tom

Tom,

We did this behaviour of mouse cursor like in all browsers (Firefox, Chrome, IE, Safari) and native applications on Windows/Mac. For buttons mouse cursor doesn't change its shape (pointer), and for hyperlink it changes (hand).

Hi John,

Could you give us some details such as your screen type, aspect ratio, version of Windows, etc. - it looks fine on my system like this:

Snap31.jpg

Best regards,

Lin

Pte 7.0 Beta 9.

Objects and Animation / Properties Window.

Frames for the setting of Start Time, Duration, and Offset are displaced too far to the right preventing easy access to the incremental menu's, [ see screenshot ].

John

.post-6759-0-45573400-1305440544_thumb.jpg

It doesn't help John solve his problem, but I see what Lin sees on my 22" 1920x1080 16:9 monitor on my Vista Home Premium system. I wonder if the horizontal adjustment on John's monitor needs "tweaking".

Peter

"It doesn't help John solve his problem, but I see what Lin sees on my 22" 1920x1080 16:9 monitor on my Vista Home Premium system. I wonder if the horizontal adjustment on John's monitor needs "tweaking".

Peter."

Hi Peter.

Monitor settings checked prior to my bug report and reset to default as per manufacturers instructions . Interestingly, the frames are only misaligned for the 'video' setting. When setting the parameters for 'slides', [pan, zoom, etc] they appear as normal.

John.