WnSoft Forums

Comments on PicturesToExe Deluxe 7.0 Beta

Igor

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Igor,

It's incredible! You and the development team have given users something that many have been wanting for a long time and it works really well. I was able to create a little demo in exactly 7 minutes which uses two videos, pan, zoom, rotate, 3D transforms, text, and even an animated gif.

I created a similar show with my video editor a few days ago and it took several hours to get it half-way right. With PTE's new video clip drop in, it was as simple as falling off a log!! I believe this will definitely help elevate PTE to the number one desirable presentation slideshow package. I think the ease and power of the video features will not only appeal to those who create presentation slideshows, but also to video enthusiasts who are struggling with convoluted video software and just want to present their video's and have the kind of features PTE now offers without all the huge learning curve of dedicated video presentation software. PTE is, of course, not a video "editor" but shines already as a video "presentation" tool.

Thank you!

Best regards,

Lin

The quality is amazing.

It took just seconds to insert a 400Mb - 800x450 - MP4 file into a frame and perform a 360 degree pan/rotate on it.

It plays without fault on my "old technology" nVidia GE 7600 GS 512Mb card.

It's a little over the 20Mb limit but I'll live with that.

Investigating the other improvements.

Well done!

DG

I've set about exploring the limits of my nVidia GS8400GS. I can successfully run two copies of a video at the same time: one doing +360 degrees 3D rotate about Y axis, the other doing -360 degree 3D rotate about Y axis. The first one also does +360 degree rotate in two dimensions, the second one doing -360 degree rotate in two dimensions. The first one also pans from the centre of the screen to (-60, -60) and the second one pans to (60,60), All that motion happening at the same time during the 2m20s of the MP4 video (itself produced from one of my shorter PTE sequences). So far it all seems to run as smooth as silk. Impressive!!!

Now for the chrome plate. I think I am right in saying we can have our video play back with a reflection. How is that done, please? I cannot find a appropriate option box to tick.

Peter, that feature has not yet been implemented - it's called video tracks and should be available in the next beta...

Lin

regards,

Peter

Some thoughts on the improved Slide List. This is a wonderful useability enhancement: being able to edit the slide time and transition time directly in the Slide List. I think it would be a further improvement if, instead of always showing "AB", the transition effect button changed its text to indicate what type of effect was being used. I realise there are a huge number of different transition effects, but at the top level there are not so many. I suggest the following as possible abbreviations:

FIO - Fade In/Out

HH - Hour hand

Cir - Circle

Rho - Rhombus

Rec - Rectangle

GHV - Gates Horizontal/Vertical

GDG - Gates Diagonal

PHV - Page Horizontal/Vertical

PDG - Page Diagonal

AHH - Advanced Hour hand

MOS - Mosaic

PSH - Push

SLD - Slide

PCL - Page Curl

PCD - Page Curl Diagonal

F3D - Flip 3D

S3D - Swap 3D

regards,

Peter

Some thoughts on the layout of the new main window.

Why do we need three "toolbars"? I believe it would be possible and, arguably sensible, to have just two - an upper and a lower.

The upper toolbar, positioned as now, just below the Command bar should have on it all those items which are relating to the project as a whole: the existing icons for New, Open, Save, the drive selector, the slider, plus the Publish, Preview, "Preview from here" and Project Options buttons from the lower toolbar (and the waveform button from the middle toolbar, perhaps?)

The lower toolbar, positioned immediately below the mini player should have on it (not necessarily in this order): Customize Slide, O&A, X, Comment, Change image file, Add Sound, New Transition, Cut Transition, Timed Points (and the waveform button?) It would also carry the Slides/Timeline tabs.

Such a grouping would present the controls in a more logical manner (Project level tools all on one bar; Slide List/Timeline specific tools all on the other bar). The space occupied by the third bar would then be available to be shared out among the other parts of the main window. To keep the contents of the toolbars within a single bar each it may, in the future, be necessary to use more icons and fewer text buttons. An alternative would be to give the user some control over which buttons are displayed. For example: I never use the New Transition/Cut Transition buttons so, if there was an option, I would happily deselect these two buttons.

regards,

Peter

Igor,

Thanks for the hard work that you and your team have put into this beta release. Working well on my desktop with AVI, WMV and MPG files - full sound. Desktop is Core 2 Duo - 2.2o GHz; 6Gig RAM; Windows 7 SP1(64bit); Nvidia GeForce 8400GS with 512 MB RAM.

Paul Zietsman

Igor,

Wonderful integration of video and playback. Alot to test and play with here first before commenting.

I see you already added the new player style Navigation Bar in this v1 Beta. It works great so far. One simple addition to the new player style Navigation Bar would be to include (slide# / slide total) Slide 1 of 25 to its display. This would greatly benefit and enhance manual control slideshows.

Great Work !!!

Congratulation for this new version !

The fluidity is absolutely amazing, even when we combine a large pan in the main view with a rotating movement on the incrusted video !

Thank you very much !

I also greatly appreciate the new main window interface.

It's very useful for me to see each slide duration and to be able to directly modify it.

I particularly appreciate to be able to add or subtract entire seconds just using the keyboard arrow keys.

I would take the opportunity to make a suggestion.

Could you add the possibility to modify the slide duration just using the mouse wheel ?

For me the unit in second is enough, but may-be some people would like to have the possibility to adjust it in milliseconds or other units, witch may be possible using a combination of key plus mouse wheel, something like :

Mouse wheel alone : unit = 1s

Shift + mouse wheel : unit = 0.1s

Ctrl + mouse wheel : unit = 0.01s

Alt + mouse wheel : unit = 0.001s

Of course, this is not a major requirement, and not a high priority, and I can survive without it !

Thank you again for all the great job you did !

Thank you very much for all comments and suggestions!

Peter,

I think it would be a further improvement if, instead of always showing "AB", the transition effect button changed its text to indicate what type of effect was being used. I realise there are a huge number of different transition effects, but at the top level there are not so many. I suggest the following as possible abbreviations:

Thanks for your suggestions!

Regarding "AB" button in the Slide list. But I think to add a name of transition effect (for selected slide) to the status bar of the main window. I had a similar thought about changing of "AB" text, but it also will cause a problem with translation to other languages. And width of this button will not be fixed anymore and this way horizontal position of transition effect time also will change.

We'll discuss your suggestion regarding other imporvements for the main window (toolbars). We have plans to vastly rework the main window of the program, Project options window, and Slide properties in one from two next versions.

nobeefstu,

I see you already added the new player style Navigation Bar in this v1 Beta. It works great so far. One simple addition to the new player style Navigation Bar would be to include (slide# / slide total) Slide 1 of 25 to its display. This would greatly benefit and enhance manual control slideshows.

Good idea! But probably it better display "1/25" instead of "Slide 1 of 25"? Because otherwise we need to localize these words for many languages, that currently impossible. What you think?

Tonton Bruno,

Could you add the possibility to modify the slide duration just using the mouse wheel ?

OK.

I suggest to change value by 0.5 of second (currently 1 second) when you use mouse wheel or press Up/Down keys.

Wow !! Igor,,, this is unbelievable !! You are a genius (as I've mentioned before).

My first test with v7.0 was a very basic one. All I did was take an existing 6 minute MP4 movie (35.9MB) ~ drop it in to PTE as a single 'slide' ~ then, over the 6 minute duration of the movie, had it decrease in size / move around the screen / spin / rotate in 3D / fade / re-appear etc. etc. etc. (just about everything I could think of) ~ and then I produced the finished .exe file (PC).

The resultant .exe file not only played perfectly, with no apparent loss of quality at all (that I could detect), but it was only 38.5MB in size !!

That's an increase in file size of just 2.6MB ~ for an .exe file instead of MP4 file ~ with all that movement etc. included.

This really is something extraordinary ~ and it is bound to appeal to a much wider audience than just the basic AV community.

Well done Igor. FANTASTIC !!

bjc

Probably later, sorry.

Currently you can create simple masks in PicturesToExe (rectangle or circle, or rounded rectangle)

You can use external graphical editor to paint greyscale (or even color) mask. There are good free graphical editors (for example Paint.Net). Or you can use our PixBuilder Studio. Please visit www.wnsoft.com website.

Igor,

Re your post #17 above, I accept your views on the "AB" button. The problems for the other languages had crossed my mind, too! But a further thought occurs to me: you no longer need the "Customize Slide" button. The "AB" button takes the user to the same place. Why not simplify the user interface, especially for new users. And if you were to add another button at the right side of each slide = "O&A", you would not need the big "Objects & Animation" button; and you would have a consistent user interface.

regards,

Peter

Igor,

Good idea! But probably it better display "1/25" instead of "Slide 1 of 25"? Because otherwise we need to localize these words for many languages, that currently impossible. What you think?

Perfect. I did fail to consider the language needs. The 1/25 will be easily understood by all especially once the slideshow progresses.