WnSoft Forums

Comments on PicturesToExe Deluxe 7.0 Beta

Igor

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello

I've added some H264 movie in my slideshow. I want to mute the background music when the movie is played and listen to the movie sound. Then next slide, back to background music of the P2E show.

How can I do that in last beta release ?

Thank you

Good question, and I'm glad you asked it!

I have been waiting for the same feature with still slides with Sound Comment attached. It was "promised" (well, perhaps I should say "mooted") a year or so ago, but has been delayed - or shelved?

I find Sound Comments very useful, but only if they can be heard! It's not practical to reduce the background level manually, because it's imperative to have the ability to move slides with sound comments, and that requires the background to be reduced in a different place. Having this done by the PTE software would be wonderful ... and isn't that the sort of thing computers are good for?

Maybe this need will be answered in version 7.5?

Ken T (APLman)

Good question, and I'm glad you asked it!

It's not practical to reduce the background level manually, because it's imperative to have the ability to move slides with sound comments, and that requires the background to be reduced in a different place. Having this done by the PTE software would be wonderful ... and isn't that the sort of thing computers are good for?

Ken T (APLman)

No Ken, computers are not good for that, unless you want to hand over creative control to a computer. How will it know, by how much you want the music faded down by, for the sound comment you intend to use, it will vary depending on the type, volume, style of the background music. Surely your not suggesting that background music is cut off abruptly and started the same way, once the video sound has been heard?

No Ken, computers are not good for that, unless you want to hand over creative control to a computer. How will it know, by how much you want the music faded down by, for the sound comment you intend to use, it will vary depending on the type, volume, style of the background music. Surely your not suggesting that background music is cut off abruptly and started the same way, once the video sound has been heard?

Hi Barry ...

No, I'm certainly not suggesting as per your reference above.

I'm not sure how to get the forum to refer to previous posts, but let me try ... this is a previous suggestion:

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?app=forums&module=post&section=post&do=reply_post&f=9&t=12872&qpid=83207

I do know what computers are good for, and people who want absolute creative control do not have to use the facilities that I (and others like me) would find extremely useful. What I have suggested, partly in my recent post, and previously in the post whose link is above, should be an aid to creativity and definitely an aid to productivity.

Ken T (APLman)

• 4 weeks later...