WnSoft Forums

Comments on PicturesToExe Deluxe 7.0 Beta

Igor

Barry, Eric,

That is the norm on the version I am using, default nav bar off, if the default (nav bar on)has been changed in the current versions I think that is incorrect, especially if the manual isn't keeping pace with developments.

As I see it ... the NavBar will only show if you move about with your mouse while watching the slide show. Those that just sit back and watch the slide show will never see it anyway. Hiding the Mouse Cursor will also keep the NavBar from showing.

Updated manuals come after the beta version is finalized for release ... its too much work to make additions, changes, and corrections to a mannual for each beta program in development. Users just need to keep up with the beta topics and comments to keep informed.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Barry, Eric,

As I see it ... the NavBar will only show if you move about with your mouse while watching the slide show. Those that just sit back and watch the slide show will never see it anyway. Hiding the Mouse Cursor will also keep the NavBar from showing.

Updated manuals come after the beta version is finalized for release ... its too much work to make additions, changes, and corrections to a mannual for each beta program in development. Users just need to keep up with the beta topics and comments to keep informed.

======================

Greetings,

Speaking of the Nav Bar, several days ago I posted a comment in the Bug Forum that I get an error message when I click on the Customize icon for the Nav Bar. I was trying to change the Nav Bar from the Sky to the Video style, in the version 7.14:

http://www.picturest...a/page__st__340

My posting has not received any responses yet so I am wondering if it is just my PTE or if anyone else is experiencing this error message. I can get PTE to change the Nav Bar style but the error message always shows up.

Gary

a couple of us had already discussed it prior to your posting

RAT'S = READ ALL THREADS :)

WE IMAGINE IGOR WILL SORT IT OUT WHEN HE RETURNS

ken

==============================

Ken,

I do try to read all new posts daily. I re-read all the posts in this thread today, but still don't see anything that relates to the Nav Bar error message. Can you point me to where you see it?

Curious,

Thanks, Gary

http://www.picturest...dpost__p__87463

the thread is just above your entry

ken

=================

Ken...

Oh boy. I must be having a few senior moments. I actually read that post, but since the attachment menu was in French, I must have just glazed over the actual error message in it. It did not compute at the time. Well, it proves I am not the only one having the Nav Bar question...:blink:

Thanks for pointing it out. I'm sending my eyeballs in for a check!!!!

Gary

Sorry if I have missed this previously but I have just downloaded beta 14 from Beta 10. with beta 10 if I make slide duration 7 secs and transition time 2 secs I get 2 in little box above the slide thumbnail and 7 in bottom right of the thumbnail - obviously. Doing same thing in beta 14 I get the 2 as before but in bottom right of the thumbnail I get 9 (7+2). Similarly for any other combination the bottom right box shows the addition of the slide duration plus the transition time. Is this meant and why?

Mickp

Sorry if I have missed this previously but I have just downloaded beta 14 from Beta 10. with beta 10 if I make slide duration 7 secs and transition time 2 secs I get 2 in little box above the slide thumbnail and 7 in bottom right of the thumbnail - obviously. Doing same thing in beta 14 I get the 2 as before but in bottom right of the thumbnail I get 9 (7+2). Similarly for any other combination the bottom right box shows the addition of the slide duration plus the transition time. Is this meant and why?

Read this topic as it relates to the duration display changes :

(SOLVED) Issues I've not seen before

Mac Users

Could I ask Mac users to check the attached test slide show please. If you recall, some sound commentary only shows where not playing correctly on Macs. The fault was just showing the first blank image that could be advanced manually, but no sound could be heard.

I have remade the test with beta 15, so I, and I expect Igor will appreciate some feedback that all is now good.

Its only a very small slide show, under 3MB

http://www.mediafire.com/file/te7ytohqkkuh37y/camtasia%20testbeta15.zip

Many thanks

Igor

I welcome the ability to record voice in PTE, but when I tried it, I found a problem.

The location the sound comment will be saved to is set to the same place as the Project file. That is probably the most logical place for most users. However, I, and I believe other users of PTE like to save our sound to a dedicated sound folder. So, using the browse options , I located my PTE sound folder and saved the comment there.

The browse location then showed me the correct location and the sound I saved as “001.mp3”

So far, so good.

When you start the next recording a message appears saying the sound comment has not been saved, when I thought I had already saved it. I am then given the option to delete that file and start again, or save an exit. I have no option but to save and exit.

So, to make the next sound take, I have to open the recording window again (tedious) and then PTE defaults back to the project options folder and not where I want the sound comments to be saved.

I also noted that the Mp3 file would not play on my Vista machine in WMP saying it didn't have the right codec. It will open in Audacity. ( I haven't looked at why WMP will not open the sound file yet) It did open OK in WMP on my W7 machine.

If I am to use PTE for recorded commentary, I want to set the location where the files are to be saved to and I want to remain until I say different. I also want to make individual takes for most of the commentary I use, so I want to be able to save that comment and go straight into recording the next.

A few small tweaks are needed to make it a bit easier to use.

Igor

I welcome the ability to record voice in PTE, but when I tried it, I found a problem.

The location the sound comment will be saved to is set to the same place as the Project file. That is probably the most logical place for most users. However, I, and I believe other users of PTE like to save our sound to a dedicated sound folder. So, using the browse options , I located my PTE sound folder and saved the comment there.

The browse location then showed me the correct location and the sound I saved as “001.mp3”

So far, so good.

When you start the next recording a message appears saying the sound comment has not been saved, when I thought I had already saved it. I am then given the option to delete that file and start again, or save an exit. I have no option but to save and exit.

So, to make the next sound take, I have to open the recording window again (tedious) and then PTE defaults back to the project options folder and not where I want the sound comments to be saved.

I also noted that the Mp3 file would not play on my Vista machine in WMP saying it didn't have the right codec. It will open in Audacity. ( I haven't looked at why WMP will not open the sound file yet) It did open OK in WMP on my W7 machine.

If I am to use PTE for recorded commentary, I want to set the location where the files are to be saved to and I want to remain until I say different. I also want to make individual takes for most of the commentary I use, so I want to be able to save that comment and go straight into recording the next.

A few small tweaks are needed to make it a bit easier to use.

Thanks for your response on voice recording!

We'll rework this feature. Since Beta 16 you can change a folder for voice comments separately and the program will remember path to this folder within current project. So you will need change the folder once and then only type comment name.

Recorded voice commentary is being associated with currently selected slide (or a track in the Project options | Music tab). So to record another comment you need to choose another slide before start new recording.

I'll check up for the problem with recorded MP3s and Vista.

P.S. I'll reply on other posts a bit later.

Barry,

I've reproduced the problem with playback of recorded voice comment. We mistakenly choosed MPEG-Layer2 profile (MP2) instead of MPEG-Layer3 (MP3). Some audio players don't support this old format. We'll try find a solution.

Igor,

Regarding

+ Added support of IPTC info in JPEG image files (advanced EXIF text comments). You can use IPTC or EXIF fields for text comments now.

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! I have waited a long time for this and it will be most useful! And I very much appreciate all of your hard work on the many new features in version 7.

Barry,

Please excuse me for late response on your previous post!

I have watched a number of slide shows from a varied set of people since this topic was raised before and the navigation bar is not being used in slide shows for 99% of the time. I would therefore suggest that switching it on as a default is not logical. It should be off as a default.

We think that the new navigation bar introduced in version 7.0 Beta should be very useful for viewers of AVs and slideshows. Since Beta 15 we've solved the problem with casual appearances of the navigation bar on startup of executables. AV creators didn't use the old navigation bar because it was almost useless, that I can say honestly.

I still believe that having the aspect ratio on the main tab isolated from slide size, is a waste of time. Forum members aside, most people do not relate to this at all. Unless it is intended to link this automatically to the screen resolution being used, it should be located in the Screen Tab alongside the size of slide.

A slideshow which may contain any complex objects and animation should use aspect ratio of the slide. Our nearest competitor also use aspect ratio. Every user need to easily check up and change aspect ratio for his projects. So far as it's a very important parameter I've placed this one to the most visited tab (Main) in the Project options. Virtual slide size is intended for advanced users only and most part of users don't use it directly.

In the music tab, the option “Don't interrupt sound comment when next slide appears” should be ticked by default. When would any slide show maker, wish a sound comment to stop abruptly when the next slide appears.

Probably you're right. Can we hear an opinion of other users on this subject?

In the screen tab we have the Use Hardware acceleration and the one time I inadvertently turned that off. I had all sorts of troubles, even the transitions were bad. So, do we actually need it there, what purpose does it serve and can it be removed at least to the menus.

There is a warning when you turn this option off. Indeed I agree with you and I want to remove this option at all. I think we will do it in the following version 7.5

When I edit an already selected sound comment in PTE, PTE hangs onto the old one, or at least the length of the old one. I edited a sound comment today in Audacity, then saved that sound over the original. The new sound comment was longer than the one over written, but cut off abruptly at the length of the previous one. I had to find a work around, before the new sound comment would work correctly.

You're right. But I'm afraid we can't fix it quickly due to a way how we save audio clip duration. We need to find a solution to recognize this situation. We plan rework audio part of PicturesToExe in the following version(s) and I've added your bug-report to my TODO list.

P.S. We'll publish the updated user manual for version 7.0 on this week.

Igor

No worries as they say here in Australia, you can't do everything in one go.

I notice that my 5D Mk2 videos now work well in PTE, straight from the camera without that keystone cop look of before. When I use your video convertor the video file size is greatly reduced, but the quality difference is hardly noticable, if at all. Not sure what you did, but it works.

Thanks, Barry.

I'm glad that PicturesToExe now works better with 5D Mk2 video files.

Indeed cameras use a special fast profile (simple algorithms) for video recording and don't use all power of H.264 video codec. Compare how much time it takes to output H.264 video in PicturesToExe or in other software? So to avoid visual artefacts cameras use the highest video bitrate for H.264. Even using MPEG4 video codec we can reach same quality using lower bitrate because we have more time for video encoding.

Hello Igor,

some comments about the last version of PTE user v7.0 :

Page 8

http://www.wnsoft.com/soft/MultiResize.exe

(the link does not work) error 404

Page 10

How can I fade music in the end of each track?

PicturesToExe doesn’t have audio editing abilities. You can make fade effects with any audio editor

and then add this track to a slide show.

.....That is no longer true!