WnSoft Forums

Video Demo - WOW....

Lin Evans

I put the stopwatch on and created a brief demo using two videos, pan, zoom, 3D transform, text, borders and included an animated GIF. It took exactly 7 minutes! To do this with my video editor would have taken me several hours and it wouldn't have been nearly as good!

I can see this new feature of PTE being really well received by videographers as well as by the slideshow enthusiasts. Just the other day on a video forum, the question was asked about how to include multiple videos on a single screen. PTE now makes it a simple matter of drag and drop!

Here's a link to the sample: PC format only - zipped exe file of about 40 meg....

http://www.learntomakeslideshows.net/demo/videodemo.zip

Congratulations Igor - You and the development team have added a whole new dimension to capabilities!!!

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Dave,

I do. It played fine in the "Preview" - but was very jerky in the executable. The MOV was made with my Canon SX30-IS. I converted it to an MPEG II with Power Director and it played fine that way. Something not quite right about the direct MOV file....

Best regards,

Lin

Dave,

I think you're right - there appears to be a bug. I emailed Igor about it.

Best regards,

Lin

I can't even get that far.

Access violation error on trying to insert - I've tried a few different .MOV files.

I am also getting the same error on both my Vista Laptop and my XP desktop machines.

I'll log a possible bug.

DG

Hi Lin,

You are the first to produce a demo and very good it is to!

Now we can all stand by for the deluge that will surely follow. I will wait until I have mastered the new techniques before dipping my toes in.

Bet Barry Beckham will be next?

This new feature will be very well received, even by those who were negative to start with (like me for instance) I know that I will now love it.

Igor is a wizard and the quality of this new feature knocks spots off of the main competition, i.e. PROSHOW GOLD.

Well done to Igor and his team.

Ron West

Hi Ron,

Thanks! I'm sure it won't take long! LOL I think that PTE will soon be very competitive with Producer and it's already surpassed Gold...

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Lin,

You are the first to produce a demo and very good it is to!

Now we can all stand by for the deluge that will surely follow. I will wait until I have mastered the new techniques before dipping my toes in.

Bet Barry Beckham will be next?

This new feature will be very well received, even by those who were negative to start with (like me for instance) I know that I will now love it.

Igor is a wizard and the quality of this new feature knocks spots off of the main competition, i.e. PROSHOW GOLD.

Well done to Igor and his team.

Ron West

Hi Paul,

Thanks - just a quickie and you're right; the potential is mind boggling indeed!

Best regards,

Lin

Lin,

Thanks, a brilliant demo. The mind boggles at the potential - just not enough spare hours in the day!

Paul Zietsman

Hi Tom,

LOL - probably tomorrow! I just need to find or make some "square" aspect videos to avoid using masks which would bog things down for the "equipment challenged.

Best regards,

Lin

7:05 pm Mountain Time - Video Cube is up and running - just a few "tweaks" and I'll post it Tom...

Lin

You know what this means. How long until we see videos playing in a cube :)

Tom

I just need to find or make some "square" aspect videos to avoid using masks which would bog things down for the "equipment challenged.

Hey, I resemble that remark!!

Actually I just ran your demo and it worked flawlessly!

I am so looking forward to trying the new P2E!!

Lin the ball is in your court. We want a "how to" video from you!!

Hi Gary,

I'll try to find out how that works. I haven't gotten around to using the Nav Bar much yet, but soon I'll ring it out and get back to you.

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Dave,

It's a Beautiful Day is a Flash FLV and the other is an MP4. I've just tried mpeg I and mpeg II and they work perfectly as well.

Best regards,

Lin

=========================

Lin,

I don't want to install Ver7 yet because I am in the mist of a computer problem. But, I do have a question. What about the Navigation Bar? If you have video in the show with still images, will the Next button skip to the next image, regardless of what the video is doing? Or will it Fast Forward through the video and not skip to the next image? Or....?

Thanks, Gary

Hi JR,

Sorry to hear that - it does sound like a resource issue. Video can be more demanding for sure....

Best regards,

Lin

Lynn:

Sounds like it went really well.

Unfortunately all I get is the music track and a graduated blue screen

Guess maybe the desktop finally needs to be replaced ?

I'll have to try it on my laptop tomorrow that is quite new and better spec'ed

Hi Dan,

Thanks! I'll try to do that once Igor has a couple more beta's released so all the bells and whistles are in....

Best regards,

Lin

Hey, I resemble that remark!!

Actually I just ran your demo and it worked flawlessly!

I am so looking forward to trying the new P2E!!

Lin the ball is in your court. We want a "how to" video from you!!

Hi Lin,

Thanks for posting your work with the new video capability. It really provides some inspiration!

Can I ask whether you have any intention on posting a tutorial on how you did this?

I shoot PAL video (.m2t) and was wondering whether PTE can accept this format. Some of these files are large even though I never use more than 30 sec clips. Would it be best to convert these to another format before using them in PTE? I could output the file with a video editing system but don't want to degrade the quality.

Finally, with PTE, have you any thoughts on using 1920x1080 / 1280x720 for the web? I'm trying to figure out in my mind the best size for a slideshow with video.

All the best,

Phil

Hi Phil,

I hope to get a tutorial out by the second or third Beta release when the features are more fully implemented. Essentially, the videos are treated just like any other objects (images, etc) and can be simply dragged and dropped into the slide list or added to the Objects and Animations list. They can have most all the attributes of any image, that is you can pan, zoom, rotate, add borders, adjust opacity, do 3D transforms, etc. They can run on top of background images just like you would add a picture in a picture, etc.

I believe either PAL or NTSC video is perfectly acceptable. Soon there will be a video "converter" built into the next Beta release which will optimize for PTE. Right now the various formats are being tested and details and bugs ironed out by the developers. The best way to find out if it works as you have them is to try. If they don't work right now, then convert them to MPEG II, etc., or even Flash FLV which cuts down a good deal on storage and upload size.

The larger HD (1080p) format works fine on the web as long as your audience is willing to start the video, then pause it long enough for buffering about half the show for average broadband systems. 720P is a bit better, but still requires a wait time. One way to see these formats is to go to Vimeo where they are fairly common and see how well they do on your system.

If you are uploading to Facebook, etc., then 800x600 is usually pretty good. If you need wide aspect then 720p works well. Facebook will somewhat "downgrade" the quality, but there isn't much we can do about that.

It's a little tough right now to have both really great quality "and" reasonable playback without interruption unless one is willing to wait. Unfortunately, there is no "preload" capabilities for most formats other than Flash FLV as far as I know. This then places the burden of "waiting" on the person who wishes to see the slideshow. It's a bit awkward, but the only way I know to do it is to start, then pause the show and wait for the loading to get ahead enough to avoid interruptions.

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Lin,

Thanks for posting your work with the new video capability. It really provides some inspiration!

Can I ask whether you have any intention on posting a tutorial on how you did this?

I shoot PAL video (.m2t) and was wondering whether PTE can accept this format. Some of these files are large even though I never use more than 30 sec clips. Would it be best to convert these to another format before using them in PTE? I could output the file with a video editing system but don't want to degrade the quality.

Finally, with PTE, have you any thoughts on using 1920x1080 / 1280x720 for the web? I'm trying to figure out in my mind the best size for a slideshow with video.

All the best,

Phil

Hi JR,

Sorry to hear that - it does sound like a resource issue. Video can be more demanding for sure....

Best regards,

Lin

It worked fine on my more up-to-date laptop.

Very good !!

Thx

Lin:

Sounds like it went really well.

Unfortunately all I get is the music track and a graduated blue screen

Guess maybe the desktop finally needs to be replaced ?

I'll have to try it on my laptop tomorrow that is quite new and better spec'ed