WnSoft Forums

Point of no return

d67

Point of no return / 36 Mo / 5'9" on Beechbrook (thank you to Bill)

Here a few shots I took in the austrian and italian Alps (Lermoos, Zugspitz area and Val Gardena, Dolomiti).

Why Point of no return? This is the title of the piece of music that has inspired me for this slideshow but it is also what often happens when hiking in the mountains: a point on the track, on which going back would be longer or more difficult than continuing forward.

Patrick

Comments of all kind welcome

Point of no return / 36 Mo / 5'9" on Beechbrook (thank you to Bill)

Here a few shots I took in the austrian and italian Alps (Lermoos, Zugspitz area and Val Gardena, Dolomiti).

Why Point of no return? This is the title of the piece of music that has inspired me for this slideshow but it is also what often happens when hiking in the mountains: a point on the track, on which going back would be longer or more difficult than continuing forward.

Patrick

Comments of all kind welcome

Patrick

My kind of show, my kind of scenery. With tack sharp pictures I felt as if I was there and what wonderful weather you had. One I shall keep with others you have done.

Maureen

Thank you to all for your kind remarks. We had chance that weather was remarkably good... only 2 days of episodic rainstorms during our 2 weeks stay.

Ken, no aerial shots but each time we go there, I am thinking about a fly over but there are 2 problems: first, airfields are very sparse so that going there can take a lot of time and secondly, when weather is favorable, I prefer hiking!

Patrick

Patrick

maybe you can put it in your "BUCKET LIST" :)

there are a lot of members that have never seen your soaring/flying exploits %7Boption%7D

ken

On the bottom, on the signature aera, clicking on "My Pbase space", then on "Slideshows" thumbnail and finally "Aeronautics" thumbnail, gives then choice to a few specific slideshows.

Patrick

Patrick,

Thanks for sharing this wonderful show of a beautiful area. The photos were top notch and the music was perfect. I especially liked one photo in particular -- the one with the church in the lower right corner completely dwarfed by the towering mountains. Outstanding job and I thoroughly enjoyed the show!

Patrick,

Thanks for sharing this wonderful show of a beautiful area. The photos were top notch and the music was perfect. I especially liked one photo in particular -- the one with the church in the lower right corner completely dwarfed by the towering mountains. Outstanding job and I thoroughly enjoyed the show!

I am happy you enjoyed my slideshow.

Concerning the particular photo of the church, it is the St Johann church in the Villnöss (Funes) valley with the Geislerspitzen in the background.

It is one of the most scenic valley of the Dolomites and probably one of the most known and photographed church amongst the Dolomites lovers!

It is a bit difficult to reach as the valley is very isolated but it is an absolute stunning sight!

After the remark of Ken Cox (aerial shot), I remembered a superb video released by the south tyrolean official web site. I found it again here (the video is on the left side, middle page.).

From my point of view, there last year video is much better (less commercial). You will

.... a superb fly over !

Patrick