WnSoft Forums

New slideshow / Brugge

Hello,

after a long time I have uploaded a new slideshow, Brugge.

Changed the pictures in some more dramatic view, added music et voila.

Curious about your thoughts.

Regards,

Adri

Link added by Bill @ Beechbrook.Com: http://www.beechbrook.com/pte/downloadfile.asp?id=1940

Hi Adri,

A couple suggestions: perhaps a bit of text either before or after (in any language which the viewer could translate with Google translate) to explain the significance of Brugge for those not familiar with European history could be helpful. The dark and somber mood with b&w images suggests several things depending on the orientation and knowledge of the viewer. I believe you could resize these photos to something like 1600x1200 or so and shave off more than half the file size without any effect on the quality of the images in the presentation. The photography was excellent, but the mood and darkness might confuse some viewers unless there was some explanation either before or after the presentation.

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Adri,

This is the first time I've added any comments about an AV so hope I don't write anything controversial!

I loved the dark nature of the monochrome images and the moody music went well with the pictures. It all felt quite medieval (just right for this city) but then sometimes there was some element, such as the occasional image in vibrant colour, that was definitely 20th (21st) century and which I didn't welcome as it changed the overall sombre mood of the AV.

When making an AV we're always encouraged to think in terms of a beginning, a middle and an end, which draws everything together, in some way. The idea of starting with the map was a good one but I feel that an older one might have been more appropriate than the screen grab you used.

Like Lin, I think the individual image files must have been enormous to create such a large .exe file. The problem might be with your music file. Did you use a .wav file for your music, or a .mp3 file (which is compressed)? ........... .wav files can be enormous.

I've not visited Bruges but have seen many pictures of the city and I enjoyed yours immensely.

These are only my opinions, to be disregarded if you don't agree .............. I always welcome comment myself (whether on my photography or AVs) and I think about what has been said. However, I make the AVs or the images that satisfy me, personally, and I don't change anything if I've not been convinced.

Regards,

Sheila G

Hi Adri

I found the monochrome photography first class and put together very well but found the occasional colour shots and the map just didn't work with the ethos of the show. Having spent several days in Brugge (and not being particularly well up on the history)I did think the show very morbid and, as suggested, some introduction would have been helpful. For me it might it might be nice to do another show as I remember Brugge - a joyful and colourful place.

Hello Adri

As for Mickp, I find Brugge a town that history and architecture inspires much more color, joy, life, creativness than darkness and sadness.

In that optic, black and white is perhaps not the best choice.

The picture with the postcard stands is from my point of view not appropriate as for the viamichelin modern shaped introduction map.

The two color shots are also a bit curious because they don't appeal something very particular.

Best regards

Patrick

Hello,

after a long time I have uploaded a new slideshow, Brugge.

Changed the pictures in some more dramatic view, added music et voila.

Curious about your thoughts.

Regards,

Adri

Link added by Bill @ Beechbrook.Com: http://www.beechbroo...ile.asp?id=1940

=========================

Adi,

When I play the Brugge slideshow, a black window, which has a title of 'Brugge 60fps', pops up first for a second or so. Then the show starts. And, during the show, if I press the Pause button, the show pauses, but it will not continue playing if I hit the Pause button again. It freezes and I have to hit the ESC button, where the black window pops up again.

Can you tell me what might be causing this? Is this happening to anyone else?

Thanks...Gary

=========================

Adi,

When I play the Brugge slideshow, a black window, which has a title of 'Brugge 60fps', pops up first for a second or so. Then the show starts. And, during the show, if I press the Pause button, the show pauses, but it will not continue playing if I hit the Pause button again. It freezes and I have to hit the ESC button, where the black window pops up again.

Can you tell me what might be causing this? Is this happening to anyone else?

Thanks...Gary

Same for me concerning the black pop up window (see here)

Hiting Pause stops the slideshow but it continues if I hit the spacebar (not instantaneously)

Patrick

All,

thanks for the reply on my slideshow,

yes, Brugge is a colourfull place, I also have coloured pictures, but to get a certain mood I made these in monochrome.

yes, there must be a beginning, middle and end on the show, at the end something exciting must happen.

yes, I miss the climax

I didn´t change the size of my pictures, .....I´ll think about it next time, when only using the shows on my own PC it´s not a big issue.

Strange the problems with the screen and pause issues. I haven´t seen these on my PC

The reason for uploading this show is to get comments from different viewers, just to learn and pickup some idea´s

Regards,

Adri

Adri,

Why didn't you mension that your show is made with M-Objects and not with PTE?

Or at least you worked in M-Objects to make the exe.

That's why people get this strange behaviour when they play your show. See reply of Gary and Patrick.

Greetings,

Cor

Adri,

Please advise me if your "Brugge" presentation was not created in PTE. My site is for hosting PTE presentation only. I had emailed you earlier concerning the black windows during your show, and their strange behaviors.

Thank you and kind regards,

Bill

Adri,

Please advise me if your "Brugge" presentation was not created in PTE. My site is for hosting PTE presentation only. I had emailed you earlier concerning the black windows during your show, and their strange behaviors.

Thank you and kind regards,

Bill

Bill,

indeed my presentation is created in M-Objects, I work with both programs, PTE and M-Objects.

I do not understand black windows during the presentation, I never had problems with it, I cannot explane this.

Regards,

Adri