WnSoft Forums

The Dreaded Licence Key Solved.

Guest Yachtsman1

It is sort of (but not exactly) like upgrading a software package to a new version as opposed to buying the latest full version and that's the logic I use.

For example, I bought Capture many moons ago and upgraded to CNX and then Upgraded to CNX2.

If I want to install CNX2 on my new W7 machine (if and when I decide to get one!) I will expect to have to install Capture4 then upgrade that to CNX and then upgrade that to CNX2.

As my 10 year old grandson used to tell me - "It's not Rocket Science"!!

Whilst I am definitely in the camp which is begging for Igor to come up with something new/different/better I also sympathise with him that people will not use what they have between their ears.

I'm back!!

DG

WOW AND DAVE USED TO BUG ME ALL TIME - " KEN WHY CAN'T WE DO THIS" was the way it used to go, my standard was " we trying" :)

Igor 's explanation to me 10 years ago how to install the key still holds true - i think :)

the thing that baffes me is most members are adobe user's - gee i barley master Irfanview !

ken

Not solved with me as yet. Folks I too am from the good ole days, when you got a reply in the email and you

got things up and running quickly. I have been waiting a week or more and still no response. The response I

get refers to a need for a new key. Like the other two gentlemen, I am old and so far the 'how to's' have not

been easy to follow since they spoke more of the misadventure they had with trying to get the problem solved.

My computer crashed, all I can refer back to is a copy on cd, and one or two of my emails that refer to payments

received. The email is nearly exactly like the one posted above. So how did the one gent get a new key sent?

I have followed the instructions to send an email requesting one, several times now and with as much proof as I can to show I have a registered copy. How about a simple step by step instruction in how to get your software up and running starting from a V3 copy with the attacked key and when you get that 'ya gotta get a new key' message.

I was a happy camper user until the computer crash and was probably on v5 or something. I had registered for the Deluxe version and something else in there that I was told to upgrade too. something about making DVD's or sound or what ever. In my case the health is what is slowing down my days, so I won't make it to 96 and probably not even 71, but I sure would like to finish up my projects I am leaving to the kids in my will, which is all I have to leave them.

Michael R Dolliver

long, long long time registered user.....

Michael,

Check this out From Stu, sure worked for me, Another oldy.

Since your current VB registration key is still valid even though the date has expired for the PTE versions you have installed ... you usually dont get a Load a Key message prompt. Please remember the current VB key will always be functional and valid for those PTE versions.

It is possible to manually load your new VB registration key. From the menu bar press Help | Enter New License Key. Then paste or load the new key.

I have no idea why your new key is not manually loading or pasting into Beta 15. You may then have to wait for a future version release which Load A Key is required or Igor and Alena may have other options to offer you to get this new key loaded.

... nobeefstu

All the best RayC

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Michael

Presumably you now have a working computer, minus all your PTE info?. Do you have access to your emails on your Internet providers server or were they stored on your previous hard drive? If you have access to the emails, do a search for emails from wnsoft.

The original email from WNsoft (PTE) with your keys should be there. If you find them, one will have the words video builder in the text & the other PTE in the text, that's the one you want.

Now open a folder in your programmes file, look in COMPUTER, C DRIVE, PROGRAMMES. If there isn't already a folder called WNsoft in the programmes file, create a new on called WNsoft. Back to your email, copy the whole of it into the newly created folder.

Now go to the Wnsoft web site & download the trial version of PTE which I believe is still 6.5. When it's downloaded, load some pictures into it, (over 10) & you should get an error message asking for your key, with a box to type/paste the key into.

Go to your programmes folder & copy only the PTE key string, including the words at the beginning, then paste it into the box on the version of PTE you have downloaded.. You should now get a success message & a working version of PTE.

Now if you haven't got the original email from WNsoft, you said you had a copy on a CD? if you have, insert the CD & copy both key strings into the new WNsoft folder you have created & follow the same route.

If all else fails you will have to wait for a new email from Alena, a PM to her may speed things up.

Good Luck ;)

Yachtsman1.

Not solved with me as yet. Folks I too am from the good ole days, when you got a reply in the email and you

got things up and running quickly. I have been waiting a week or more and still no response. The response I

get refers to a need for a new key. Like the other two gentlemen, I am old and so far the 'how to's' have not

been easy to follow since they spoke more of the misadventure they had with trying to get the problem solved.

My computer crashed, all I can refer back to is a copy on cd, and one or two of my emails that refer to payments

received. The email is nearly exactly like the one posted above. So how did the one gent get a new key sent?

I have followed the instructions to send an email requesting one, several times now and with as much proof as I can to show I have a registered copy. How about a simple step by step instruction in how to get your software up and running starting from a V3 copy with the attacked key and when you get that 'ya gotta get a new key' message.

I was a happy camper user until the computer crash and was probably on v5 or something. I had registered for the Deluxe version and something else in there that I was told to upgrade too. something about making DVD's or sound or what ever. In my case the health is what is slowing down my days, so I won't make it to 96 and probably not even 71, but I sure would like to finish up my projects I am leaving to the kids in my will, which is all I have to leave them.

Michael R Dolliver

long, long long time registered user.....

Hello Michael,

Please check your inbox again. I have resent my e-mails to you. If you have any questions or need further assistance, please ask me privately by e-mail.

Kind regards,