WnSoft Forums

(SOLVED) Issues I've not seen before..

trailertrash

OK, I have beta 14 and this is the first time I have used it. I have 8 slides set in the slide view with a time per slide of 5 sec's, and a transition of 3 seconds. My math tells me that the duration should be be 74 seconds, slides and transitions. The timeline shows 19 sec's and when I try the preview button it fly's thro them as tho they do indeed equal 19 sec's in total.

Also, when I right click in the preview pane looking for full screen preview it shows the slide I have selected full screen but no preview. As if that wasn't enough....when I select a slide in the slide view on the bottom slide view, it doesn't show the selected slide but the slide previous. ie: I select slide 4 and it displays slide 3!!!!

This programme is becoming a chore.

Any help out there. I know Igor is away.

Andrew

PS I have restarted and closed the programme several times to no avail.

TT,

The slide duration, since Igor introduced some new logic a while ago, INCLUDES the incoming and outgoing transition times.

So, if you want a slide to show for 5 seconds plus a 3 second transition time set:

Slide duration for slides at 11 seconds (3 second transition plus 5 sec duration plus 3 sec transition) and the transition time to 3 seconds.

The two 3 second transitions are included in the 11 second duration of slide.

This makes a total of 67 secs (7 x 8 seconds plus 1 x 11 seconds).

If you want the last slide to not include the second three seconds, set its duration to 8. That would make a total of 64 seconds and an equal duration for all 8 slides..

In the slide view the time box on each slide would say 11 secs - the AB Transition would show 3 secs.

In the time line you would then see 3 secs transition - 5 secs duration and then 3 secs transition of next slide.

DG

TT,

The slide duration, since Igor introduced some new logic a while ago, INCLUDES the incoming and outgoing transition times.

So, if you want a slide to show for 5 seconds plus a 3 second transition time set:

Slide duration for slides at 11 seconds (3 second transition plus 5 sec duration plus 3 sec transition) and the transition time to 3 seconds.

The two 3 second transitions are included in the 11 second duration of slide.

This makes a total of 67 secs (7 x 8 seconds plus 1 x 11 seconds).

If you want the last slide to not include the second three seconds, set its duration to 8. That would make a total of 64 seconds and an equal duration for all 8 slides..

In the slide view the time box on each slide would say 11 secs - the AB Transition would show 3 secs.

In the time line you would then see 3 secs transition - 5 secs duration and then 3 secs transition of next slide.

DG

OK Thanks Dave, I get that, but have to say that's ridiculous. Why cant we have transition times and slide times as separate entries.

Can anyone help with the last part:

Why, when I choose to display slide #3 in the preview pane does it display slide #2?

Andrew

Because at the point that you clicked i.e. slide 4 (?) you have overlapping transitions etc.

You are trying to fit two 3 second transitions into a 5 second duration - it won't go.

Trying dragging each image in the TIMELINE VIEW until you can see clear space between transition and duration.

THEN switch back to SLIDE VIEW and look at the timings for duration and transition (AB).

DG

Because at the point that you clicked i.e. slide 4 (?) you have overlapping transitions etc.

You are trying to fit two 3 second transitions into a 5 second duration - it won't go.

Trying dragging each image in the TIMELINE VIEW until you can see clear space between transition and duration.

THEN switch back to SLIDE VIEW and look at the timings for duration and transition (AB).

DG

Thanks Dave, that was doing me head in. I understand now. Although I think the timing system could be vastly improved, I have a grasp of it now.

Many thanks. [ Dont go to far, I have a few more questions!!! :) :)

Andrew

Andrew,

When Igor made this change to how the Slide Time and Transition Time work I believe it was done to facilitate the handling of timing data for included videos. As someone who doesn't use video I, too, find it somewhat illogical. However, the only mental adjustment you have to make is to remember that the Slide Time now includes the Time for the Transition into the next Slide. And when you think of what actually happens to each slide, this actually is totally correct. Each slide is visible (partially or in full) from the start of the transition which brings it into view until the end of the transition which removes it from view.

What it means for me is that I need to change my default settings from Slide = 4 seconds, Transition = 1.5 secs to Slide = 5.5 seconds, Transition = 1.5 seconds. If I do that, PTE will seem to behave just as it used to (and I'll need to learn how to interpret all the extra info now shown to us in the Slide List across the bottom of the PTE window). This old dog will have to learn a new trick!

regards,

Peter

Andrew,

OK Thanks Dave, I get that, but have to say that's ridiculous. Why cant we have transition times and slide times as separate entries.

You have the option to control the displayed duration values to suit your needs. Disabling the Show Full Slide Duration from the View | Advanced Options menu will display the values you prefer to use. Igor has this new feature enabled by default ... disable to resort to the value display you may be familiar with and prefer to use.

post-45-0-40811900-1312718100_thumb.jpg